GolfSpy Stroker

Sirius XM radio - free until 5/15/2020

Our Sponsors

That's a win win. Great marketing decision with so many people home looking for forms of entertainment. The Expedition Max we recently purchased had a prepaid subscription.  I never thought I'd pay for radio but it did "hook us" and now I'm a subscriber.  I bet those of us who have prepaid subscriptions will not get a rebate or extended contract 😕

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's a win win. Great marketing decision with so many people home looking for forms of entertainment. The Expedition Max we recently purchased had a prepaid subscription.  I never thought I'd pay for radio but it did "hook us" and now I'm a subscriber.  I bet those of us who have prepaid subscriptions will not get a rebate or extended contract 😕

well I certainly hope I get something tagged onto the back end! Cool to see them do this though.

• Like 3

It's a great marketing ploy.  Many people who listen free will subscribe.  I know.  I bought my car in 2014 and it came with a subscription.  When it ran out, I HAD to renew it.  There is nothing on local radio worth listening to anymore in my area.  It's also a savior on trips.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Yep - free - absolutely.... streaming PGA Tour radio now.

Hundreds of channels. 

Check it out - https://player.siriusxm.com/query/golf

Great find and thanks for sharing

• Like 1

I always thought satellite radio was a needless thing, a waste of money. But I signed up at $5/mo after a free trial. I don’t think I’ll do without now.

Not perfect but pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 10:47 AM, Berg Ryman said:

well I certainly hope I get something tagged onto the back end!

Was gonna say the same thing; I currently have a subscription but only after the last one ran out and I waited until they finally sent me one those $5/mo promos.

After this current sub runs out I don't think I'm gonna renew for myself, tho (will keep the wife's sub going) - we've been listening to Google Play Music a lot at home and it works well enough in the car via cell phone connected via bluetooth or cable.

I've been a subscriber for a long time. My current subscription is about to play out. Quite frankly, I'm about fed up with them. Seems on the channels I like all they do is talk all the time. Wasn't that supposed to be the reason to pay to listen to radio/music in the first place? No DJ blabbing. I use Pandora free and they have a few ads here and there but nothing close to all the blather/talking and such that XM does. So... I might be about done with XM. Same with Att- Direct TV. I listen to about 4 channels of XM out of hundreds and watch 6-8 channels of DTV out of hundreds. It's time for a change. 🤨

• Like 3

I use the free Pandora app. It's better than regular radio, but they still get repetitive even when using the thumbs up deal. There have been literally millions of songs written over the years, but only a handful are in the rotation on any radio station.  It sucks!

On 4/1/2020 at 11:43 AM, Kenny B said:

It's a great marketing ploy.  Many people who listen free will subscribe.  I know.  I bought my car in 2014 and it came with a subscription.  When it ran out, I HAD to renew it.  There is nothing on local radio worth listening to anymore in my area.  It's also a savior on trips.

This was me exactly with my 2018 Edge purchase.   There was no way I wasn't renewing after having it for 6 months.  70's  on 7  and country classics are awesome.   And listening to Michael Breed every morning on the drive in, there's no better way to get pumped up for a day! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This was me exactly with my 2018 Edge purchase.   There was no way I wasn't renewing after having it for 6 months.  70's  on 7  and country classics are awesome.   And listening to Michael Breed every morning on the drive in, there's no better way to get pumped up for a day! 

Yep!  70's on 7, but I'll pass on the country classics (both kinds... country and western 🤣).  Prefer smooth jazz or R&B.

PGA Tour Radio is my goto station of course.  It's great to listen to tournament play when I'm on a road trip over the weekend.

Yep!  70's on 7, but I'll pass on the country classics (both kinds... country and western 🤣).  Prefer smooth jazz or R&B.
PGA Tour Radio is my goto station of course.  It's great to listen to tournament play when I'm on a road trip over the weekend.

I think my wife would divorce me if I ever canceled our subscription. We have a bunch of favorite channels but the one we use for long car trips is Radio Classics on 148. These are the old time radio shows like 'The Shadow' etc. time speeds by when you're listening to them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

My wife loves it, but she only ever listens to one station. I let the intro subscription lapse on my car. Since I have unlimited data on my phone I just use it for Pandora. I've been pretty aggressive about adding new artists to my profile, but I am still guaranteed to hear the Police or U2 within the first five songs, often both. I'm working on trying to change that.

• Like 1

If you spend a lot of time commuting or traveling satellite radio is really a great distraction.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1