Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Wedge Setup - Need Help!

jwlong410

The 7 degree gapping between the 45* PW and then 52* wedge seems off to me.  If it were me, I would have gone 45*, 50*, 55* (a 56* bent to 55*), and 60*.  It may not seem like much, but 2 degrees can make a big difference.

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

52 should be going at least 100 for you. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

• 1 month later...

Lots of others have hit this on the head - the 7 degree gap between 45 and 52 makes no sense, and the distance you get from the 52 also makes no sense. I would recommend trying to get the same shaft that you have in the pitching wedge into your wedges -or- add a matching shaft set gap wedge -or- find a wedge shaft that you can put a full swing into.

One of the things I’ve learned is that it’s not always equipment that needs adjusted. If you are out of whack and can’t make sense of it, go see a teaching pro!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

Lots of others have hit this on the head - the 7 degree gap between 45 and 52 makes no sense, and the distance you get from the 52 also makes no sense. I would recommend trying to get the same shaft that you have in the pitching wedge into your wedges -or- add a matching shaft set gap wedge -or- find a wedge shaft that you can put a full swing into.

One of the things I’ve learned is that it’s not always equipment that needs adjusted. If you are out of whack and can’t make sense of it, go see a teaching pro!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler