GolfSpy STUDque

Say 'Hello' to the Recruit Group

Our Sponsors

4 minutes ago, zrumble said:

I do aerospace testing, and have bachelor degrees in aerospace and mechanical engineering. How about you @remste17? Good to see that the MGS threads draw engineers!

I work for a start-up, we do robotics. I handle some process/mfg/testing mainly. Currently switched over to emergency use ventilator development for the time being. Aerospace is awesome, I'm jealous

• Like 4

Whats up everyone! I’m looking forward to connecting with you all and sharing our passion for golf! I’m a recruit so I need help with likes and would love to hear any tips you have for me being new to the forum and let me know what you think of my profile so far! Mahalo!

• Like 8

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but also a bit of lurker before joining up in February. My interest is largely personal, especially when it comes club building, but also to a degree professional as I'm a sociologist of culture and sport. From that latter perspective, the relative civility of the MGS forums is something that's always impressed me. Looking forward to becoming a proper member. -w

• Like 7

On 4/1/2020 at 6:28 PM, JScott said:

I feel like i can find my way around the site just fine but anything you would suggest?

The search feature works well, also I bookmarked the 'recent content' page and go automatically to it when I access MGS. Lastly don't forget the ''blog"' page - lots of great content there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

The search feature works well, also I bookmarked the 'recent content' page and go automatically to it when I access MGS. Lastly don't forget the ''blog"' page - lots of great content there. 

Will do. Thanks much!!!

7 minutes ago, Camille Bissarro said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but also a bit of lurker before joining up in February. My interest is largely personal, especially when it comes club building, but also to a degree professional as I'm a sociologist of culture and sport. From that latter perspective, the relative civility of the MGS forums is something that's always impressed me. Looking forward to becoming a proper member. -w

You'll find the members here to be extremely helpful and value everyone's opinions and ideas. Just a great community to be part of. 

• Like 5

It’s worth mentioning that this site operates largely on donations. New members, you’ll see on occasion, posts that suggest a donation to help support their efforts.

I am not going to tell anyone how to spend their money as it’s their own business.

What I will say is that the testing and research done by MGS staff has given me a solid foundation to become a better educated consumer. I am a regular reader and choose to spend my time here over other socials for some great discussion both on and off topic.

Again, welcome and enjoy the show.

• Like 5

Good idea.  Hopefully this will help the site not descend into anarchy like so many other discussion forums do.  I have only been commenting a couple days but everyone has been great so far.

Been here for over ten years.... Hasn’t happened yet. The mods do a good job of regulating it, and getting rid of the problem if need be. It’s up to each person who joins to regulate themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

Been on MGS for several months and FINALLY aiming to join the chat! 
No proper golf at the moment, so would love some golf chat.

Cheers,

Matt,

Kent, England

6 hc 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, remste17 said:

I work for a start-up, we do robotics. I handle some process/mfg/testing mainly. Currently switched over to emergency use ventilator development for the time being. Aerospace is awesome, I'm jealous

9 hours ago, Lykins_golf said:

Whats up everyone! I’m looking forward to connecting with you all and sharing our passion for golf! I’m a recruit so I need help with likes and would love to hear any tips you have for me being new to the forum and let me know what you think of my profile so far! Mahalo!

Just find a topic that interest you in the main forums,  join in the conversation and you'll have the likes and posts before you realize it.    I actually browse the site by uusing streams and recent topics versus going into actual subforums.     I find and see a much more broad and current range of topics that way. 

5 hours ago, Camille Bissarro said:

You're off to a great start, lots of interest here by members who do their own clubwork.  I'm not one, but I envy the guys that do. 

9 minutes ago, Hewmatt said:

Been on MGS for several months and FINALLY aiming to join the chat! 
No proper golf at the moment, so would love some golf chat.

Cheers,

Matt,

Kent, England

6 hc 

Welcome and just browse the recent topics under streams and you'll find all sots of  good golf chat. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone! 

Glad to be here! Always enjoy what I read here! This will be my 5th summer golfing: I’m down to 6.6 handicap and completely obsessed with getting my 1st under par round: always love reading about what’s in everyone’s bag, what ball they’re playing, and what they’re trying to improve on...

Edited by Micah T
  • Like 5

Hi all from Down Under

Been a member of the forum for a few years, but more as a reader than a poster...guess I'll have to up my game to get full member status 

Anyway, keep up the great info on the site as I have found it extremely valuable as I've been building out a better bag based on the information in the forums, and on the main site

Cheers

Chris 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Somewhat discouraged. Long time member. Been a donor. Been a tester. Find myself demoted now to Recruit. Really?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MadisonGolfbum said:

Somewhat discouraged. Long time member. Been a donor. Been a tester. Find myself demoted now to Recruit. Really?

None of the donors were demoted down to recruit so you must've never made it into the donor group. Send me a PM with the confirmation number from your donation and I'll get you fixed right up.

• Like 2

been on here for years just not a huge fan of posting

• Like 4

Been a lurker for a few years. Site always has some good information. Now that I have more time inside, hope to a more active member.

• Like 4

Take a little time away and get demoted to recruit :P....

• Like 2

I have been on this site for over two years, not sure why I don’t have access to things

• Like 2

Hello forum.

I have been a member since 2017. I have not been active in the forums, just all the other content on the main site. Have donated to the site in the past. 

Now I’m looking to loose my recruit status, and post a little more in the forums. 

Thanks!

• Like 7