GolfSpy STUDque

Say 'Hello' to the Recruit Group

Our Sponsors

On 4/1/2020 at 3:31 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

The MyGolfSpy Forum is a true Community in every sense of the word. For the reader, by the reader. We aim to be a welcoming place where all opinions can be heard and all members are encouraged to participate. One of the greatest barriers for this (and other forums for that matter) is the on-boarding process. New members fresh to the site are searching to find their way around and often have too much ability to handle up front. Enter, the Recruit Group.

The Recruit Group will be aimed at assisting new members by guiding them through the process to learn 'how to forum' before they're full-on members. With that, comes a few restrictions as well. These restrictions will hopefully encourage new community members to discover all that we have to offer while limiting the impact on our existing and established members.

The following permissions will be disabled for Recruits:

• Display Name Change
  • Content Reporting
  • Chat Box
  • Posting listings in Buy/Sell/Trade
  • Apply for Forum Testing Opportunities

The following permissions will be limited for Recruits:

• 10MB max photo uploads
  • Max 15 posts per day
  • Limited to 5 recipients per message, 50 total, 10/day

Rest assured, these measures should not be looked at as punishments but rather view them as the rails to keep you on the tracks until you're ready to be a contributing member to the forum.  Want full permissions? It's quite easy to get promoted to Member.  You just need to hit the following criteria:

Make 15 posts AND Receive 15 likes AND Spend 2 total days on the forum. That's it. Easy enough? Get posting! Be sure to hit up the FAQ for assistance.

Questions?? Either reply to this thread or reach out to one of our great staffers: Yours Truly, @Golfspy_CG2, @GolfSpy MPR, and @GolfSpy Stroker

To the rest of you who are established, please make every effort possible to help lead new members to the information they need to find success and camaraderie. We're all in this together!

Note: If you've suddenly found yourself in the Recruit Group but have already satisfied all criteria to be a member, just reload your sign-in. It's an automatic rule that runs when a member logs in to the forum.

Super Excited to be a part of this forum!!!

Super exited to be a part of this forum!!! 

Should I just ask away on this thread?

How can I get all of that awesome signature line with what clubs I play?

On 5/22/2020 at 6:31 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great to have you.  Make sure you check out the FAQ tab at the top of the page.  There is a lot of helpful info there. 

Thank You @Golfspy_CG2 appreciate the recommendation. 

6 minutes ago, Sookyoahn said:

How can I get all of that awesome signature line with what clubs I play?

If you go to the three lines “menu” page:

click account

account settings and there should be a signature selection in there.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 3:49 AM, Kanoito said:

A well written, polite introduction got you almost 15 likes... unlike the whining club ho's that come just for the goodies...

Keep it up and welcome to the forums!

That's very kind of you @Kanoito I'm still learning to use the forums and hoping to engage with you all. 

• Like 5

So I have a Cobra F9 3W(14.5) with the Hzdrus Smoke Yellow(6.5) shaft. Out of all of my clubs, this is the only one I tend to hit "left". Its not a pull left but it almost feels like the club is almost too upright for me. It goes about 8-10 yards left of my target. Anyone ever have this kind of problem with cobra woods? If so, is there a fix?

i think this is a great way to get people who want to participate. And i am trying....this is my first real forum im participating in and the amount of information is overwhelming.  If anyone has any ideas of where i should look being a 5 year veteren of the sport (haha), i would greatly appreciate it!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sookyoahn said:

So I have a Cobra F9 3W(14.5) with the Hzdrus Smoke Yellow(6.5) shaft. Out of all of my clubs, this is the only one I tend to hit "left". Its not a pull left but it almost feels like the club is almost too upright for me. It goes about 8-10 yards left of my target. Anyone ever have this kind of problem with cobra woods? If so, is there a fix?

If you want to get more people looking at your question,  you should create a new thread.  Not everyone reads this thread so it will go largely unread. 

• Like 3