Toe Hang Blade Putter Advice

What you are getting into is how a person manipulates a putter. It may be caused by feel and how the person reacts to the putter. That is why you should be fit for a putter based on results and. It what the machine spits out. If a
Player reacts to the putter that is in their hands and the computer provides a result then the player tries that putter they may get yet another result due to how the player reacts to the new putter.

If the CoG for a putter causes it to be toe down, when the putter moves forward the head of the putter will lag behind. As the stroke continues it will pick up momentum and overtake the heel and close.

From what I have learned toe hang isn’t a good indicator for fit since the same toe hang could have different rates of rotation based on head weight.

Due to all the design options with a putter you actually have to
Putt with it to see how you respond. You can’t just say I need a putter with X degrees of toe hang.

Exactly what I found going from a Scotty Newport to the Evnroll ER2B. Technically the Scotty should have a tow hang more appropriate for me but I roll the Evnroll straighter.

I also noticed that due to the different hosel/shaft configurations the Evnroll naturally sits a little closer to me at the same length and lie, so I think that makes it easier for me to aim.

A putter fitting really is one of the best things you can do for your game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's really weird! I used to miss putts to the right ( I'm a lefty ) and I switched to a 60 degree toe hang and it also cured my miss. Golf is stupid.😀

You need to change your focus from changing putters to understanding the putting stroke.  Dive in to how it works and how the stroke works in tandem with the putter.   From there you can choose a sing

Multiple options. Most people start with toe hang but that isn’t always a good fix unless all the other design features remain the same. You could go with less toe hang. Face balanced may be too

Posted Images

Gone thru the whole thread and am a bit confused. My boy (freshman) took up golf (last year) and is been missing putts to the right. He uses my ghost putter which is mid level toe hanged. His putting shape is arc  (again not too deep) but his putter face is slightly open at impact. Was thinking of picking up a face balanced spider for him, as it would close faster (than toe hanged)  and have the face square at impact. Does that sound right....?

(Am thinking of getting him fitted but then again as he is young ( learning and experimenting), I think it will be easy for him to remodel his swing as needed...)

6 hours ago, nag said:

Gone thru the whole thread and am a bit confused. My boy (freshman) took up golf (last year) and is been missing putts to the right. He uses my ghost putter which is mid level toe hanged. His putting shape is arc  (again not too deep) but his putter face is slightly open at impact. Was thinking of picking up a face balanced spider for him, as it would close faster (than toe hanged)  and have the face square at impact. Does that sound right....?

(Am thinking of getting him fitted but then again as he is young ( learning and experimenting), I think it will be easy for him to remodel his swing as needed...)

Toe Hang really isn't that important;  it is the result of getting everything else right....offset, hosel position, weight, CoG, etc.    If he is missing right,  yes, he needs  to get the face closed more.   When making the putting stroke he will react to the putter and it should just move through stroke.   People also have a path bias to the left or to the right.   That isn't a bad thing and it is better than a zero'd out stroke.    Also how does he power the stroke?   If he uses his right arm (like tiger) he can just try and shut the face on the through stroke.   

Does he set up closed with his shoulders;  putter often follows shoulder line. 

The best idea is to try different putters and test them by evaluating startline.  If he is missing right,  go lighter, maybe smaller diameter grip, shaft intersecting the topline closer to the center (draw a line down the shaft and through the head closer to heel will provide more toe hang Closer to center is more face balanced), maybe a full offset putter.       Can he roll the ball through a gate using different stroke lengths that has less than 1* of error consistently (ideally you want to get down to about 0.5* of error).  As you change putter configurations, you should see that the miss will shift. left and right   Once he is doing that consistently, that is the putter that he should use.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 1/13/2021 at 11:18 PM, nag said:

It could be his setup more than the putter? 

It could be a flinch, take away, or stroke issue?

If it is a breaking putt then it could be a misread?

The putter is only a tool in the puzzle that is golf. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2020 at 9:27 AM, jlukes said:

This is a common misnomer.  Face balanced putters close FASTER than putters with toe hang.  

Ultimately it comes down to how the golfer reacts to the feelings the putter gives, but the science of toe hang (more weight in the toe) means closing down the rate of rotation.  Face balanced putters rotate closed faster.

Is there such thing as heel weighted putters with more weight in the heel. The same way move weight in the heel of a driver produces a draw bias.

ping.png.7c5862342023c35b77c4616604806e90.png Driver: 425LST w / KBS TD60 X-Stiff

callaway-golf-vector-logo.png.493ab23d387785f73cfea313e1af01a6.png 3-Wood: Callaway Rogue

596048109_ScreenShot2021-02-28at3_28_30PM.png.6dfa8b67ed327055667700b4ef19afd1.png Sub70 699Pro: 5&6 Irons w/ Aldila NV Graphite Shaft - Stiff - 1/2" short

596048109_ScreenShot2021-02-28at3_28_30PM.png.6dfa8b67ed327055667700b4ef19afd1.png Sub70 639CB: 7-PW w/ Aldila NV Graphite Shaft - Stiff - 1/2" short

596048109_ScreenShot2021-02-28at3_28_30PM.png.6dfa8b67ed327055667700b4ef19afd1.pngHybrid - 939X: with Proforce V2 Stiff

1884238425_Titleistlogo.png.90c97c2fbcb19171e8ef7dc60bee0fc4.pngSM7 50* & 56*

167032231_GELlogo.jpeg.060ddfab800aed4c79ddd5d4ccc47ee0.jpegPutter: OPAL

vicegolf_logo.png.26dae2f1802c046450d6ce62d44baf39.png VICE - Pro Plus

Is there such thing as heel weighted putters with more weight in the heel. The same way move weight in the heel of a driver produces a draw bias.

Essentially yes there are toe up putters. Edel makes them and Odyssey did at one time. I am sure there are more but I was not a fan when I tried them. Sold the Odyssey and think I still have the Edel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison Stroke Lab 34"