Our Sponsors

I recently went back and tried to list every course I have played all over the country. It was impossible to remember every course, but I listed a good portion of them.  I also decided I want to try and play golf in all 50 states. I have a long way to go, but check out my list here: https://punchoutgolf.com/50-state-golf-challenge/

Has anyone else done this?

• Like 5
I recently went back and tried to list every course I have played all over the country. It was impossible to remember every course, but I listed a good portion of them.  I also decided I want to try and play golf in all 50 states. I have a long way to go, but check out my list here: https://punchoutgolf.com/50-state-golf-challenge/ Has anyone else done this?

I haven’t. I started playing more out of state courses when I was covering eight states for a previous job, increasing the breadth of locations significantly. Now that I’m back to covering just two states, I won’t be expanding my places anytime soon. It’s always been interesting to see the different types of courses, grasses, set ups, etc. throughout all of the different places I’ve played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I know @Philly Golf Guy was getting pretty close to completing his 50 state quest

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I haven’t. I started playing more out of state courses when I was covering eight states for a previous job, increasing the breadth of locations significantly. Now that I’m back to covering just two states, I won’t be expanding my places anytime soon. It’s always been interesting to see the different types of courses, grasses, set ups, etc. throughout all of the different places I’ve played.

Absolutely, was just in Vegas recently and desert golf courses are obviously very different than the golf courses we play here in Ohio.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Punch Out Golf said:

Thats great! @Philly Golf Guy how long have you been after it?

Here's a link to his blog.  He is also a professional course reviewer/rater.  I play with Chris a few times a year and he is a blast to play with.

https://golfadelphia.com/journey-to-50-states-2/

• Like 5

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Michigan, NC, and Louisiana have been where I’ve lived, so most golf would be in those three States.
CA, TX, AR, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, KY, TN, would be the only others.

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Here's a link to his blog.  He is also a professional course reviewer/rater.  I play with Chris a few times a year and he is a blast to play with.

https://golfadelphia.com/journey-to-50-states-2/

Wow thats great! Ill read into his blog further.

Thats great! [mention=65636]Philly Golf Guy[/mention] how long have you been after it?

It’s been 5-6 years since I actively started tracking the states I’ve played in. I was curious what the number was back then and when I saw it looked feasible to get them all in, started going after it. The last state will be Alaska, family in tow.

It’s been a fun adventure. Of course, some times you get in some interesting situations. Most recently, I was in Arkansas and had a round planned but it turned out to be the coldest day of their winter. I decided to play anyways. There were a lot of the members in the clubhouse, watching me and wondering why in the world anyone would be playing in such weather with 25 mph gusts. I found out they were taking bets if I’d actually finish the round lol. I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 9

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

3 minutes ago, Philly Golf Guy said:

It’s been 5-6 years since I actively started tracking the states I’ve played in. I was curious what the number was back then and when I saw it looked feasible to get them all in, started going after it. The last state will be Alaska, family in tow.

It’s been a fun adventure. Of course, some times you get in some interesting situations. Most recently, I was in Arkansas and had a round planned but it turned out to be the coldest day of their winter. I decided to play anyways. There were a lot of the members in the clubhouse, watching me and wondering why in the world anyone would be playing in such weather with 25 mph gusts. I found out they were taking bets if I’d actually finish the round lol. I did.

Thats amazing! Thats a great story.  I just gave you a follow on IG and will be reading through your blog more.  I have a long way to go, but look forward to catching up to you.

• Like 1
On 4/2/2020 at 9:27 AM, Punch Out Golf said:

I recently went back and tried to list every course I have played all over the country. It was impossible to remember every course, but I listed a good portion of them.  I also decided I want to try and play golf in all 50 states. I have a long way to go, but check out my list here: https://punchoutgolf.com/50-state-golf-challenge/

Has anyone else done this?

I have not tried this but my wife and i love to travel and i would love to see and play courses in different states and different types of golf courses. This sounds like an awesome idea and would be so fun to do.

• Like 3

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:titelist-small:-3 Wood --TS3 15 degree 

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero

23 hours ago, Briton said:

I have not tried this but my wife and i love to travel and i would love to see and play courses in different states and different types of golf courses. This sounds like an awesome idea and would be so fun to do.

I know its going to take a while, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go!

• Like 1

That's a pretty cool accomplishment @Philly Golf Guy! I'll bet that is something less than 1% of golfers can claim. I have a similar quest to fly fish in every state and that list still has many left to go.  Completed are;  FL, SC, NC, LA, GA, CO, UT, CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, AZ, AK, and WY.  Here's my list for golf; FL SC, AZ, CA, OR, WA, ID and MT.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that neither will get completed.  I was planning to do a cross-country road trip, with the turn around point the WGHoF, and add a handful of other states to the list, but was already wavering doing so before the pandemic issue.  Perhaps I'll refine the bucket list to just golf more courses and fish more rivers in the western region.

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Most of my golf in states other than my own have come from business travel where I played over the weekends.  Now that I'm retired, I would have to make a this goal a bucket list item, and I seriously doubt I could do it.  I don't have that many more years left, and probably even fewer golfing years.  Anyway, here are the states I've played in thus far:

WA, OR, ID, MT, CA, HI, NV, AZ, CO, NM, TX, LA, TN, KY, OH, NY, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL

I have yet to play in Canada, but I keep telling myself that I should head up to BC and AB; it's a short drive.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Most of my golf in states other than my own have come from business travel where I played over the weekends.  Now that I'm retired, I would have to make a this goal a bucket list item, and I seriously doubt I could do it.  I don't have that many more years left, and probably even fewer golfing years.  Anyway, here are the states I've played in thus far:

WA, OR, ID, MT, CA, HI, NV, AZ, CO, NM, TX, LA, TN, KY, OH, NY, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL

I have yet to play in Canada, but I keep telling myself that I should head up to BC and AB; it's a short drive.

Pretty impressive list there Kenny!  44% complete or 56% left to complete... not sure which sounds closer to the finish line 🤣.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Pretty impressive list there Kenny!  44% complete or 56% left to complete... not sure which sounds closer to the finish line 🤣.

Thanks.  East of the Rockies I was flying, not driving so I skipped the plains states.  The times I spent in and around Chicago was before I learned to play golf.  Other than Long Island and Schenectady NY I haven't been to the Northeast.  The east coast seems a loooong way away now that I don't travel for work.  Too far for a road trip at my age, but given the right circumstances I could fly back to see some friends.  Still have a few of my 3 million Delta miles and 1 million Marriott points left.  Got to use them up before I croak!

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Cool idea, still a ways to go for me, but I'm still pretty young and travel a good amount for work.  Let's see, so far I've played in:

IN, IL, OH, AL, SC, FL, NY, PA, GA, FL, OK, NE, OR, TX, TN, MS, MO, MD.  Should be able to check off 5 to 6 more in the next couple years I'd imagine.  For reference, I'll be 33 in a couple weeks.  It's actually better than I first thought.  However, I think I'd rather tackle more of the top 100 courses and  I believe there is a thread for that.

Edited by juspoole
  • Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

VA, NC, SC, WV, TN, MD, GA, FL, LA, KY

Until I typed this out, I hadn't realized my entire golf experience is limited to the southeastern US!

• Like 3

Mine is not a very lengthy list, but it's been fun: Countries: England, Japan, Korea, Zambia...  States: Utah, Arkansas, Hawaii, New Mexico, Georgia, Florida, Nevada

@Philly Golf Guy look me up when you plan your New Mexico trip, I'd love to hit the links with you.

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

On 4/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, Philly Golf Guy said:

Great to hear from you Chris, we STILL need to get a round in with Jlukes up there around you guys sometime. This year would be awesome, whenever it does get underway..ha

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12