TESTERS WANTED! ×

50 State Golf Challenge

I recently went back and tried to list every course I have played all over the country. It was impossible to remember every course, but I listed a good portion of them.  I also decided I want to try and play golf in all 50 states. I have a long way to go, but check out my list here: https://punchoutgolf.com/50-state-golf-challenge/

Has anyone else done this?

I recently went back and tried to list every course I have played all over the country. It was impossible to remember every course, but I listed a good portion of them.  I also decided I want to try and play golf in all 50 states. I have a long way to go, but check out my list here: https://punchoutgolf.com/50-state-golf-challenge/ Has anyone else done this?

I haven’t. I started playing more out of state courses when I was covering eight states for a previous job, increasing the breadth of locations significantly. Now that I’m back to covering just two states, I won’t be expanding my places anytime soon. It’s always been interesting to see the different types of courses, grasses, set ups, etc. throughout all of the different places I’ve played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I haven’t. I started playing more out of state courses when I was covering eight states for a previous job, increasing the breadth of locations significantly. Now that I’m back to covering just two states, I won’t be expanding my places anytime soon. It’s always been interesting to see the different types of courses, grasses, set ups, etc. throughout all of the different places I’ve played.

Absolutely, was just in Vegas recently and desert golf courses are obviously very different than the golf courses we play here in Ohio.

2 minutes ago, Punch Out Golf said:

Thats great! @Philly Golf Guy how long have you been after it?

Here's a link to his blog.  He is also a professional course reviewer/rater.  I play with Chris a few times a year and he is a blast to play with.

https://golfadelphia.com/journey-to-50-states-2/

Michigan, NC, and Louisiana have been where I’ve lived, so most golf would be in those three States.
CA, TX, AR, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, KY, TN, would be the only others.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Here's a link to his blog.  He is also a professional course reviewer/rater.  I play with Chris a few times a year and he is a blast to play with.

https://golfadelphia.com/journey-to-50-states-2/

Wow thats great! Ill read into his blog further.

Thats great! [mention=65636]Philly Golf Guy[/mention] how long have you been after it?

It’s been 5-6 years since I actively started tracking the states I’ve played in. I was curious what the number was back then and when I saw it looked feasible to get them all in, started going after it. The last state will be Alaska, family in tow.

It’s been a fun adventure. Of course, some times you get in some interesting situations. Most recently, I was in Arkansas and had a round planned but it turned out to be the coldest day of their winter. I decided to play anyways. There were a lot of the members in the clubhouse, watching me and wondering why in the world anyone would be playing in such weather with 25 mph gusts. I found out they were taking bets if I’d actually finish the round lol. I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

3 minutes ago, Philly Golf Guy said:

It’s been 5-6 years since I actively started tracking the states I’ve played in. I was curious what the number was back then and when I saw it looked feasible to get them all in, started going after it. The last state will be Alaska, family in tow.

It’s been a fun adventure. Of course, some times you get in some interesting situations. Most recently, I was in Arkansas and had a round planned but it turned out to be the coldest day of their winter. I decided to play anyways. There were a lot of the members in the clubhouse, watching me and wondering why in the world anyone would be playing in such weather with 25 mph gusts. I found out they were taking bets if I’d actually finish the round lol. I did.

Thats amazing! Thats a great story.  I just gave you a follow on IG and will be reading through your blog more.  I have a long way to go, but look forward to catching up to you.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:27 AM, Punch Out Golf said:

I recently went back and tried to list every course I have played all over the country. It was impossible to remember every course, but I listed a good portion of them.  I also decided I want to try and play golf in all 50 states. I have a long way to go, but check out my list here: https://punchoutgolf.com/50-state-golf-challenge/

I have not tried this but my wife and i love to travel and i would love to see and play courses in different states and different types of golf courses. This sounds like an awesome idea and would be so fun to do.

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:mizuno-small:-2 iron HMB MP 20

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero

23 hours ago, Briton said:

I have not tried this but my wife and i love to travel and i would love to see and play courses in different states and different types of golf courses. This sounds like an awesome idea and would be so fun to do.

I know its going to take a while, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go!

That's a pretty cool accomplishment @Philly Golf Guy! I'll bet that is something less than 1% of golfers can claim. I have a similar quest to fly fish in every state and that list still has many left to go.  Completed are;  FL, SC, NC, LA, GA, CO, UT, CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, AZ, AK, and WY.  Here's my list for golf; FL SC, AZ, CA, OR, WA, ID and MT.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that neither will get completed.  I was planning to do a cross-country road trip, with the turn around point the WGHoF, and add a handful of other states to the list, but was already wavering doing so before the pandemic issue.  Perhaps I'll refine the bucket list to just golf more courses and fish more rivers in the western region.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Most of my golf in states other than my own have come from business travel where I played over the weekends.  Now that I'm retired, I would have to make a this goal a bucket list item, and I seriously doubt I could do it.  I don't have that many more years left, and probably even fewer golfing years.  Anyway, here are the states I've played in thus far:

WA, OR, ID, MT, CA, HI, NV, AZ, CO, NM, TX, LA, TN, KY, OH, NY, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL

I have yet to play in Canada, but I keep telling myself that I should head up to BC and AB; it's a short drive.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Most of my golf in states other than my own have come from business travel where I played over the weekends.  Now that I'm retired, I would have to make a this goal a bucket list item, and I seriously doubt I could do it.  I don't have that many more years left, and probably even fewer golfing years.  Anyway, here are the states I've played in thus far:

WA, OR, ID, MT, CA, HI, NV, AZ, CO, NM, TX, LA, TN, KY, OH, NY, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL

I have yet to play in Canada, but I keep telling myself that I should head up to BC and AB; it's a short drive.

Pretty impressive list there Kenny!  44% complete or 56% left to complete... not sure which sounds closer to the finish line 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Pretty impressive list there Kenny!  44% complete or 56% left to complete... not sure which sounds closer to the finish line 🤣.

Thanks.  East of the Rockies I was flying, not driving so I skipped the plains states.  The times I spent in and around Chicago was before I learned to play golf.  Other than Long Island and Schenectady NY I haven't been to the Northeast.  The east coast seems a loooong way away now that I don't travel for work.  Too far for a road trip at my age, but given the right circumstances I could fly back to see some friends.  Still have a few of my 3 million Delta miles and 1 million Marriott points left.  Got to use them up before I croak!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Cool idea, still a ways to go for me, but I'm still pretty young and travel a good amount for work.  Let's see, so far I've played in:

IN, IL, OH, AL, SC, FL, NY, PA, GA, FL, OK, NE, OR, TX, TN, MS, MO, MD.  Should be able to check off 5 to 6 more in the next couple years I'd imagine.  For reference, I'll be 33 in a couple weeks.  It's actually better than I first thought.  However, I think I'd rather tackle more of the top 100 courses and  I believe there is a thread for that.

Edited by juspoole

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Mine is not a very lengthy list, but it's been fun: Countries: England, Japan, Korea, Zambia...  States: Utah, Arkansas, Hawaii, New Mexico, Georgia, Florida, Nevada

@Philly Golf Guy look me up when you plan your New Mexico trip, I'd love to hit the links with you.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

On 4/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, Philly Golf Guy said:

Great to hear from you Chris, we STILL need to get a round in with Jlukes up there around you guys sometime. This year would be awesome, whenever it does get underway..ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Off the top of my head, here goes.

MD/VA/DC/PA/DE/NJ/NY/CT/NC/SC/FL/GA/TN/OH/IN/IL/WI/MO/LA/KS/TX/AZ/UT/NV/CA and Canada

That's 25, meaning there are 25 more opportunities  to go!! 

Great to hear from you Chris, we STILL need to get a round in with Jlukes up there around you guys sometime. This year would be awesome, whenever it does get underway..ha

Definitely need to make that happen this season. Hope all is well, Rob!

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

1 minute ago, Philly Golf Guy said:

Definitely need to make that happen this season. Hope all is well, Rob!

I agree,  you guys are too easy of drive for me not to get up there.  When everything reopens, we'll  get it  together.  I think we will all have pent up desires to get out!

I am well, hope you and the family are safe and healthy

I'm the low man on the totem pole in this list....

MD, PA, VA, NC, SC, FL...so many to go....

International: Aruba, St. Kitts, Nevis, Bahamas

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

On 4/2/2020 at 9:27 AM, Punch Out Golf said:

I have not done this but great idea. I wish I took more advantage in the military (IE Hawaii, Thailand, Singapore, Australia and other OCONUS courses I wish I played). In the states though off the top of my head I have played in 10 of the 50:

Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Florida, California, Colorado, Nevada, Connecticut and Illinois. Ideally will be adding a few over the next year or so! 

I might have to start a map with pinned spots.....image.png.8c02154f13a675dd247121bf2e743665.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 4/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, Philly Golf Guy said:

Buddy of mine has played in Alaska said it was an absolute blast.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I have not done this but great idea. I wish I took more advantage in the military (IE Hawaii, Thailand, Singapore, Australia and other OCONUS courses I wish I played). In the states though off the top of my head I have played in 10 of the 50:

Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Florida, California, Colorado, Nevada, Connecticut and Illinois. Ideally will be adding a few over the next year or so! 

I might have to start a map with pinned spots.....image.png.8c02154f13a675dd247121bf2e743665.png

Love it! Would love to play more overseas as well.  Hope you can knock out some more states!

It seems there was a thread on here about this a few (4-5) yrs ago. I know I’ve been to 48 states, missing AK & WY. I think I remember that I had played in 37 states. I’ll have to rethink my list (I’ll never remember some of the courses) and post again in here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

8 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

It seems there was a thread on here about this a few (4-5) yrs ago. I know I’ve been to 48 states, missing AK & WY. I think I remember that I had played in 37 states. I’ll have to rethink my list (I’ll never remember some of the courses) and post again in here.

I remember that thread, and I don't think my list has changed since then.  I keep traveling to the same ol' places.  I need to get out more.

I made this a goal a few years ago while I was in college. Unfortunately I have a long way to go but it'll be fun! I've played in GA, FL, SC, NC, AL, and TN. I've played almost 50 different courses in Georgia alone, I love how no two places are the same.

I've got a buddy that has made two, maybe three completions of this goal. Maybe one day!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!