Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Best new music of 2019/2020?

silver & black

What is your pick for best new music for 2019 / 2020? I'll start:

Tool.... Fear Inoculum. 

This band is excellent in every meaning of the word. This album was a long time coming, but it certainly doesn't disappoint.

I consider Tool to be a transcendent band........... they are not for the fatally stupid. I'm sorry if that offends some people.... just being honest. Be ready to look up words you honestly don't understand the meaning of. Be ready to delve deep into your own understanding of "things". Be ready to be challenged by what you think you know and what you don't. Be ready to really listen to the music and lyrics. 

This is not a band for a good time party atmosphere...lol. They are extremely intelligent ... and consummate musicians.

Yea........... I'm bored...lol.

Devin Townsend's Empath is fantastic. As is Yvette Young's Piano EP, although I do like her acoustic EPs a bit better. 

For more obscure bands - Moron Police's A Boat On A Sea is brilliant - if you love poppy prog rock arrangements like Genesis or Spock's Beard, you'll love them. 

Thank You Scientist's Terraformer is amazing. The musicianship in this band is off the charts.

Band Maid's Conqueror is tops of my list of "albums that sound like the absolute best of 80's melodic metal but with lyrics you'll never understand because they're in Japanese".

If straight up rock n roll is your thing, then Dave Hause's Kick just cannot be beat. 

MA's own Future Teens' Breakup Season is probably the best indie pop album I've heard in years. The harmonies are freakin' amazing and wicked pissah. 

Finally, I think that Deafheaven's Ordinary Corrupt Human Love is one of the absolute best albums to come out over the last few years, even if it was released in 2018. That's one of those "listen all the way through every single time" albums for me.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I have been listening to The Weeknd quite a lot, he collaborated on a few songs (Starboy) but once I heard Blinding Lights , I started to listen more. Wont be for everyone but something catchy about it.
I started distance running this winter so i try and have upbeat play lists that look more like a teenager picked them then a mid 40’s man...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Everyone knows there is no good music these days.  The best music always comes from whatever years you were in high school!  🙃

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :cobra-small: :touredgeexotics: :cleveland-small: :PXG:               

Cobra SpeedZone 9*
TourEdge EXS 18* 
TourEdge C721 22*H
PXG 0211 DC 6-P + G
Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52/58*
Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Ave
Taylormade Tour Response

16 hours ago, SmoothG said:

Everyone knows there is no good music these days.  The best music always comes from whatever years you were in high school!  🙃

Lol.... more true than not.

I will say there is a lot of good music these days. You just have to search for it. I find most of the new artists/bands just searching on You Tube.  I find a lot of older music that I shunned in high school actually appeals to me now. Tastes change over the years... so much new stuff that really isn't...lol.

Everyone knows there is no good music these days.  The best music always comes from whatever years you were in high school!  

Great post topic.. i had to go back and see what the top 10 was the week I graduated June 2004. usher Yeah! The biggest hit from that week, and potentially one of the top songs of all time based on popularity, i still turn it up when it comes on an its 16 yrs old now

Usher had the number 1,5,6 songs. Burn,Confessions, Yeah!

Hoobastank at 2 with The Reason

Mario Winans 3 with i dont wanna know

Beyoncé 4 Naughty Girl

Twista. 7. Overnight celebrity

Alicia Keys 8. - If I ain’t got you

OutKast 9. Roses.

Maroon 5. #10. This love.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Can't believe I forgot Pinegrove's Marigold. Just came out in January. Perfect if you love americana/alt-indie/whatever you want to call it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 2:54 PM, SmoothG said:

All right youngsters here's how it goes in my house. When working out its classic rock, in the car either Willies Roadhouse or Outlaw Country on Sirius and easy listening at home its Soft Rock or Classic Country on the tube.

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.

All right youngsters here's how it goes in my house. When working out its classic rock, in the car either Willies Roadhouse or Outlaw Country on Sirius and easy listening at home its Soft Rock or Classic Country on the tube.

Amen brother

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

39 minutes ago, mysterygolfguy said:

Best stuff I've been into lately is a band called Greta Van Fleet. Like a modern day Led Zeppelin sound.

It's good stuff.

They are a promising young band. I hope their sound evolves past the Zeppelin clone period. The singer is very talented.

Another Zeppelin influenced band is Rival Sons. They've been around a while and their singer is also very good.

Devin Townsend - Empath
Periphery - Periphery IV: Hail Stan
The Neal Morse Band - The Great Adventure
Tool - Fear Inoculum
Pearl Jam - Gigaton
Northlane - Alien

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I'm a metalhead at heart and really like a band called Sabaton from Falun, Sweden. Most of their lyrical content deals with military battles, people, etc. Their last CD which came out in 2019 is called The Great War. Also released a single last year not on a CD called Bismarck, about the should-have-been-legendary German battleship.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

• 5 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 10:23 AM, Jbmullin said:

Great post topic.. i had to go back and see what the top 10 was the week I graduated June 2004. usher Yeah! The biggest hit from that week, and potentially one of the top songs of all time based on popularity, i still turn it up when it comes on an its 16 yrs old now

Usher had the number 1,5,6 songs. Burn,Confessions, Yeah!

Hoobastank at 2 with The Reason

Mario Winans 3 with i dont wanna know

Beyoncé 4 Naughty Girl

Twista. 7. Overnight celebrity

Alicia Keys 8. - If I ain’t got you

OutKast 9. Roses.

Maroon 5. #10. This love.

You're taking it back to my glory days now.  Usher killed the first decade of the 2000s.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• 11 months later...
On 4/3/2020 at 7:48 AM, russtopherb said:

Devin Townsend's Empath is fantastic. As is Yvette Young's Piano EP, although I do like her acoustic EPs a bit better. 

For more obscure bands - Moron Police's A Boat On A Sea is brilliant - if you love poppy prog rock arrangements like Genesis or Spock's Beard, you'll love them. 

Thank You Scientist's Terraformer is amazing. The musicianship in this band is off the charts.

Band Maid's Conqueror is tops of my list of "albums that sound like the absolute best of 80's melodic metal but with lyrics you'll never understand because they're in Japanese".

If straight up rock n roll is your thing, then Dave Hause's Kick just cannot be beat. 

MA's own Future Teens' Breakup Season is probably the best indie pop album I've heard in years. The harmonies are freakin' amazing and wicked pissah. 

Finally, I think that Deafheaven's Ordinary Corrupt Human Love is one of the absolute best albums to come out over the last few years, even if it was released in 2018. That's one of those "listen all the way through every single time" albums for me.

How did I miss this last year. Dave Hause is awesome live especially when he is with Chuck Ragan. Townsen has a very unique sound my friends say he is awesome love never saw him though

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

How did I miss this last year. Dave Hause is awesome live especially when he is with Chuck Ragan. Townsen has a very unique sound my friends say he is awesome love never saw him though

Hause has a new album dropping in October which is gonna be great. Devin has yet another album coming soon as well, the guy just writes and records like there's no tomorrow. I haven't seen him live yet either, hopefully sometime soon.

Ragan's "Gold Country" is one of those albums that I'll put on then listen to nothing else for like a week. I was/am a big fan of Hot Water Music so his solo stuff is right up my alley.

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Hause has a new album dropping in October which is gonna be great. Devin has yet another album coming soon as well, the guy just writes and records like there's no tomorrow. I haven't seen him live yet either, hopefully sometime soon.

Ragan's "Gold Country" is one of those albums that I'll put on then listen to nothing else for like a week. I was/am a big fan of Hot Water Music so his solo stuff is right up my alley.

When he used to put on the Revival Tour it was amazing a bunch of punk acts doing acoustic singing with each other. It was one of my favorite concerts to go to

44 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Another band I discovered this year is Liliac. The singer is a female version of Ronnie James Dio. She's a star.

I don't listen to much music anymore, but Lilac is phenomenal! The covers they do of both "Holy Diver" and "I Hate Myself for Loving You" are gold. 

14 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I don't listen to much music anymore, but Lilac is phenomenal! The covers they do of both "Holy Diver" and "I Hate Myself for Loving You" are gold. 

I just went down a rabbit hole of lilac and now I want to hear them do snow blind by BS….. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 4 months later...