TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shaft Q&A with Fujikura - We're here to answer your questions!

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Without giving away ingredients 😀 are you doing this thru flag placements, flag alignment and/or type of material to possibly including multiple flags of same material?

RickyBobby_PR - 

From a broad view, we are able to do this through material types, orientation, and size/wraps of materials.

Thanks!

AT, Product Mktg Mgr, Fujikura

18 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

RickyBobby_PR - 

From a broad view, we are able to do this through material types, orientation, and size/wraps of materials.

Thanks!

AT, Product Mktg Mgr, Fujikura

All things being equal what amount of spin difference would there be between ventus blue 6x and blue 6s? 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 4/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, Josh Ross said:

Hey guys! Thanks for taking the time to do this! I currently play the stock shaft you guys made for Mizuno in their 2018 CLK hybrid. Which current shaft is the most comparable to that one if I want similar performance in my driver and 3 wood?

Hey Josh Ross - Thanks for your question!

Take the following as a starting point. From my understanding that shaft was a low/mid launch profile. 

I would suggest you take a look at the following models. 

Ventus - our fastest growing line ever, designed to enhance velocity and on-center face contact through VeloCore technology. Ventus Blue is our mid launch low spin model, Ventus Black is our launch and spin killer (low launch low spin).

Motore X F1 - new for 2020, F1 offers a low-mid launch/spin and was designed to increase ball speeds while still providing stability and control in a tour-feel profile.

Hope this helps!

- AT, Product Mktg Mgr, Fujikura

3 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Hey Josh Ross - Thanks for your question!

Take the following as a starting point. From my understanding that shaft was a low/mid launch profile. 

I would suggest you take a look at the following models. 

Ventus - our fastest growing line ever, designed to enhance velocity and on-center face contact through VeloCore technology. Ventus Blue is our mid launch low spin model, Ventus Black is our launch and spin killer (low launch low spin).

Motore X F1 - new for 2020, F1 offers a low-mid launch/spin and was designed to increase ball speeds while still providing stability and control in a tour-feel profile.

Hope this helps!

- AT, Product Mktg Mgr, Fujikura

That is a huge help, thank you! 

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

On 4/3/2020 at 5:36 PM, conted said:

Hi Eric, thank you for your response. I’m not quite following the response of “different machines”. Is cycles per minute (“CPM”) an objective or subjective measurement/ number? If objective, then why can this number not be measured consistently, i.e., speed/radar gun or a scale? If this is the case, how do companies have machines that do not measure correctly and stay in business? If you’re saying that CPM is a subjective number, can you please explain why. 
Thanks!

On 4/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

They are physically different machines. Iirc from my visit to a couple different brands there are differences in how they measure as well. 

Sorry for any confusion. Yes, different machines altogether thus the CPM could be different from one machine to another.

-Eric

So I just made a switch to a ping G410 plus driver to try based on the MGS 2020 driver test. I have a Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X in it at the moment and it is a pretty darn stout shaft. What would be the benifit of going to a Ventus black? 

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Havin some trouble understanding the difference between the Ventus and Motore X. Can you explain? 

I’d like to bump this question as I am wondering the same. Thank you!
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I've been able to play a few times and my club has taken a lot of precautions to keep people safe.  I'm still working so just trying to take care of my patients and keep them safe.  Been watching a lot of old Masters tournaments and No Laying Up on YouTube.

I work in prosthetic and therefore use a lot of carbon fiber products so what I've always wondered is how the shafts are manufactured, are they prepreg or a wet lamination? What layups are used and materials in the shafts themselves.  I'm excited for this Shaft U, hopefully some of those questions will be answered!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

I'm excited for this Shaft U, hopefully some of those questions will be answered!

If you head over to the main MyGolfSpy page and search for “Shaft U” you will find the articles. Should be able to get some of you questions answered in those articles.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Brandon M said:

So I just made a switch to a ping G410 plus driver to try based on the MGS 2020 driver test. I have a Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X in it at the moment and it is a pretty darn stout shaft. What would be the benifit of going to a Ventus black? 

Ventus black should promote better center face contact and help your dispersion. Compared to PRO 2.0 TS they have similar EI profiles so they should feel similar but PRO 2.0 is more counterbalanced than Ventus. Ventus Black is definitely stout, but does not feel like rebar due to higher quality materials and VeloCore.

20 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

I've been able to play a few times and my club has taken a lot of precautions to keep people safe.  I'm still working so just trying to take care of my patients and keep them safe.  Been watching a lot of old Masters tournaments and No Laying Up on YouTube.

I work in prosthetic and therefore use a lot of carbon fiber products so what I've always wondered is how the shafts are manufactured, are they prepreg or a wet lamination? What layups are used and materials in the shafts themselves.  I'm excited for this Shaft U, hopefully some of those questions will be answered!

I’ve been to visit 2 different shaft companies and they use prepreg and would imagine that’s the same for all shaft companies 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

26 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Take a read through the production article: https://mygolfspy.com/shaft-u-production-process-101/

And watch this video https://youtu.be/nnlCnXMlQB0

-eric

On 4/6/2020 at 11:42 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

All things being equal what amount of spin difference would there be between ventus blue 6x and blue 6s? 

stiffer flex should generally yield slightly lower spin, but this is a tough one to answer and is splitting hairs, we're talking probably less than 100 rpm difference.

-eric

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

I’d like to bump this question as I am wondering the same. Thank you!

The main difference is Ventus has VeloCore with superior materials in the full length bias core (pitch 70 ton) and should yield better dispersion than Motore X for most golfers. Motore X has a torsionally stiffened handle section that should yield more clubhead acceleration and speed for most golfers.

Also Ventus is $350 MSRP and Motore X is $275.

-eric

2 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

stiffer flex should generally yield slightly lower spin, but this is a tough one to answer and is splitting hairs, we're talking probably less than 100 rpm difference.

-eric

Thanks. I hate it when it’s the Indian and not the arrow. 🤪

2 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

-eric

Thanks. I hate it when it’s the Indian and not the arrow. 🤪

1 hour ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Ventus black should promote better center face contact and help your dispersion. Compared to PRO 2.0 TS they have similar EI profiles so they should feel similar but PRO 2.0 is more counterbalanced than Ventus. Ventus Black is definitely stout, but does not feel like rebar due to higher quality materials and VeloCore.

I noticed there is a little bit of weight difference is the 2. is the a TX Ventus black that you can order? 

1 hour ago, Fujikura Golf said:

I noticed there is a little bit of weight difference is the 2. is the a TX Ventus black that you can order? 

Do you make custom shafts for tour pro's or do they play the same shafts available on the market? 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Do you make custom shafts for tour pro's or do they play the same shafts available on the market? 

1 hour ago, twyatt700 said:

Twyatt700 - thanks for your question!

Tour players are using the same aftermarket shafts that are available to you. We have created heavier/stiffer options of a profile to accommodate a tour player's need or request, but there is no difference in the design, materials or composition except to make it heavier or stiffer.

Hope this helps!

- AT, Fujikura Golf 

The main difference is Ventus has VeloCore with superior materials in the full length bias core (pitch 70 ton) and should yield better dispersion than Motore X for most golfers. Motore X has a torsionally stiffened handle section that should yield more clubhead acceleration and speed for most golfers.
Also Ventus is $350 MSRP and Motore X is $275.
-eric

1.)
I had an AD-DI 85X in my Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20* hybrid, and loved it. I sold the shaft, but now want a replacement. I have a 115 mph driver swing speed, and want a similar profile shaft to put back into the hybrid.
Suggestions? I’d rather a mid-to-high ball flight for max carry.

2.)
How do I buy a Fujikura hat? I play a Ventus Black 7X in my Honma driver, so I’d love to sport a Fuji hat as well!!!

As far as keeping my game in shape, I’ve been hitting at the range (when open), into my net on the back patio, using PuttOUT on the carpet in my bedroom, and using an impact bag. I’ve been submitting video to my coach as well.
Thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

22 hours ago, PMookie said:

1.)
I had an AD-DI 85X in my Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20* hybrid, and loved it. I sold the shaft, but now want a replacement. I have a 115 mph driver swing speed, and want a similar profile shaft to put back into the hybrid.
Suggestions? I’d rather a mid-to-high ball flight for max carry.
2.)
How do I buy a Fujikura hat? I play a Ventus Black 7X in my Honma driver, so I’d love to sport a Fuji hat as well!!!

As far as keeping my game in shape, I’ve been hitting at the range (when open), into my net on the back patio, using PuttOUT on the carpet in my bedroom, and using an impact bag. I’ve been submitting video to my coach as well.
Thanks!!!!

PMookie - 

Concerning your hybrid question, I would suggest Atmos TS HB Blue 8X and/or PRO 2.0 HB 8X as a starting point. I believe you'll find a slightly higher launch with the PRO 2.0 and it may feel slightly softer than the Atmos TS HB Blue. The Atmos TS HB Blue will give you a slightly stiffer feeling handle/butt section which you may like based on your speed.

Thanks for playing Ventus in the driver! I'm a big fan of it as well! 🙂 

We do not currently sell hats/gear but we are working on some things to maybe make that possibility one day, stay tuned!

Hope this helps, thanks for your support!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

On 4/7/2020 at 1:59 PM, Brandon M said:

Brandon M - 

The weight difference is about 4 grams between the two if I'm understanding your question correctly. There is not a TX version in the Ventus line. I would recommend you try both once we are able to get out and do so. PRO 2.0 TS has seen quite a bit of play over the last two years but Ventus with VeloCore has been a game changer for many. As always, we recommend you visit one of our Charter Dealers to optimize your performance. Here's the link to our Dealer Locator in case you were wondering what shops carry Fujikura in your area:

https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Hope this helps and thanks for your questions!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

29 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Brandon M - 

The weight difference is about 4 grams between the two if I'm understanding your question correctly. There is not a TX version in the Ventus line. I would recommend you try both once we are able to get out and do so. PRO 2.0 TS has seen quite a bit of play over the last two years but Ventus with VeloCore has been a game changer for many. As always, we recommend you visit one of our Charter Dealers to optimize your performance. Here's the link to our Dealer Locator in case you were wondering what shops carry Fujikura in your area:

https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Hope this helps and thanks for your questions!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

Yah I am planning to once my fitter opens back up... they are a charter dealer... any other shafts besides the Ventus black to try? I like the E/I profile and results of the pro 2.0ts but it does lack in the feel department.

One of the biggest factors in how the golfer presents the clubface to the ball is shaft profile, and for every individual the feel they are looking for is different. But as a general starting point what profile is made for golfers looking to decrease their dispersion pattern? 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

45 minutes ago, Brandon M said:

Yah I am planning to once my fitter opens back up... they are a charter dealer... any other shafts besides the Ventus black to try? I like the E/I profile and results of the pro 2.0ts but it does lack in the feel department.

I would also suggest Motore X F1. It is going to give you a great option between 2.0 TS and Ventus Black. For more info, check out the link on Motore X. Harry Nodwell is a big fan of this in his driver as well!

https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/motore-x

Thanks!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

Are you able to comment on the "Taylormade" or "non-velocore" version of the Ventus? It was said earlier that your factories are wholly owned, does that mean you are producing the shaft for them, or are they (TM) making it? Is the profile relatively the same, with better materials making the tip stiffer?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

17 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

I would also suggest Motore X F1. It is going to give you a great option between 2.0 TS and Ventus Black. For more info, check out the link on Motore X. Harry Nodwell is a big fan of this in his driver as well!

https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/motore-x

Thanks!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

Thanks for all of the information! As soon as I can I will be giving the Ventus black and motore x F1 a try! On a side note I have a Fujikura 869 speeder evo TS hybrid shaft that I have never been able to find anything out about it. It weighs 100g X-flex before being cut down and I love it. I got it out of a tour issue M3 hybrid, but the ATMOS black HY is not close to feel or performance. Can you tell me anything about it or was it only TI? any info would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 10:14 PM, yungkory said:

Are you able to comment on the "Taylormade" or "non-velocore" version of the Ventus? It was said earlier that your factories are wholly owned, does that mean you are producing the shaft for them, or are they (TM) making it? Is the profile relatively the same, with better materials making the tip stiffer?

No those shafts are produced in conjunction with TM at our partner factories in China, which we utilize for some production of other Fuji parts, not just OEM shafts.