Jump to content
Fujikura Golf

Shaft Q&A with Fujikura - We're here to answer your questions!

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, twyatt700 said:

Do you make custom shafts for tour pro's or do they play the same shafts available on the market? 

Twyatt700 - thanks for your question!

Tour players are using the same aftermarket shafts that are available to you. We have created heavier/stiffer options of a profile to accommodate a tour player's need or request, but there is no difference in the design, materials or composition except to make it heavier or stiffer.

Hope this helps!

- AT, Fujikura Golf 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
The main difference is Ventus has VeloCore with superior materials in the full length bias core (pitch 70 ton) and should yield better dispersion than Motore X for most golfers. Motore X has a torsionally stiffened handle section that should yield more clubhead acceleration and speed for most golfers.
Also Ventus is $350 MSRP and Motore X is $275.
-eric

1.)
I had an AD-DI 85X in my Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20* hybrid, and loved it. I sold the shaft, but now want a replacement. I have a 115 mph driver swing speed, and want a similar profile shaft to put back into the hybrid.
Suggestions? I’d rather a mid-to-high ball flight for max carry.
 
2.)
How do I buy a Fujikura hat? I play a Ventus Black 7X in my Honma driver, so I’d love to sport a Fuji hat as well!!!
 
As far as keeping my game in shape, I’ve been hitting at the range (when open), into my net on the back patio, using PuttOUT on the carpet in my bedroom, and using an impact bag. I’ve been submitting video to my coach as well.
Thanks!!!!
 
 
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, PMookie said:

1.)
I had an AD-DI 85X in my Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20* hybrid, and loved it. I sold the shaft, but now want a replacement. I have a 115 mph driver swing speed, and want a similar profile shaft to put back into the hybrid.
Suggestions? I’d rather a mid-to-high ball flight for max carry.
2.)
How do I buy a Fujikura hat? I play a Ventus Black 7X in my Honma driver, so I’d love to sport a Fuji hat as well!!!
 
As far as keeping my game in shape, I’ve been hitting at the range (when open), into my net on the back patio, using PuttOUT on the carpet in my bedroom, and using an impact bag. I’ve been submitting video to my coach as well.
Thanks!!!!
 

PMookie - 

Concerning your hybrid question, I would suggest Atmos TS HB Blue 8X and/or PRO 2.0 HB 8X as a starting point. I believe you'll find a slightly higher launch with the PRO 2.0 and it may feel slightly softer than the Atmos TS HB Blue. The Atmos TS HB Blue will give you a slightly stiffer feeling handle/butt section which you may like based on your speed.

Thanks for playing Ventus in the driver! I'm a big fan of it as well! 🙂 

We do not currently sell hats/gear but we are working on some things to maybe make that possibility one day, stay tuned!

Hope this helps, thanks for your support!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/7/2020 at 1:59 PM, Brandon M said:

I noticed there is a little bit of weight difference is the 2. is the a TX Ventus black that you can order? 

Brandon M - 

The weight difference is about 4 grams between the two if I'm understanding your question correctly. There is not a TX version in the Ventus line. I would recommend you try both once we are able to get out and do so. PRO 2.0 TS has seen quite a bit of play over the last two years but Ventus with VeloCore has been a game changer for many. As always, we recommend you visit one of our Charter Dealers to optimize your performance. Here's the link to our Dealer Locator in case you were wondering what shops carry Fujikura in your area:

https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Hope this helps and thanks for your questions!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Brandon M - 

The weight difference is about 4 grams between the two if I'm understanding your question correctly. There is not a TX version in the Ventus line. I would recommend you try both once we are able to get out and do so. PRO 2.0 TS has seen quite a bit of play over the last two years but Ventus with VeloCore has been a game changer for many. As always, we recommend you visit one of our Charter Dealers to optimize your performance. Here's the link to our Dealer Locator in case you were wondering what shops carry Fujikura in your area:

https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Hope this helps and thanks for your questions!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

Yah I am planning to once my fitter opens back up... they are a charter dealer... any other shafts besides the Ventus black to try? I like the E/I profile and results of the pro 2.0ts but it does lack in the feel department.


Driver:taylormade-small: SIM Max 9, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X /  :ping-small: G410 Plus 9, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70-TX

Woods:cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-BB 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 4H, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90-X

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 4-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges: :ping-small: Glide Forged, DG TI S400, 52/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Share this post


Link to post

One of the biggest factors in how the golfer presents the clubface to the ball is shaft profile, and for every individual the feel they are looking for is different. But as a general starting point what profile is made for golfers looking to decrease their dispersion pattern? 


Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph
 

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Brandon M said:

Yah I am planning to once my fitter opens back up... they are a charter dealer... any other shafts besides the Ventus black to try? I like the E/I profile and results of the pro 2.0ts but it does lack in the feel department.

I would also suggest Motore X F1. It is going to give you a great option between 2.0 TS and Ventus Black. For more info, check out the link on Motore X. Harry Nodwell is a big fan of this in his driver as well!

https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/motore-x

Thanks!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

Share this post


Link to post

Are you able to comment on the "Taylormade" or "non-velocore" version of the Ventus? It was said earlier that your factories are wholly owned, does that mean you are producing the shaft for them, or are they (TM) making it? Is the profile relatively the same, with better materials making the tip stiffer?


Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

I would also suggest Motore X F1. It is going to give you a great option between 2.0 TS and Ventus Black. For more info, check out the link on Motore X. Harry Nodwell is a big fan of this in his driver as well!

https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/motore-x

Thanks!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

Thanks for all of the information! As soon as I can I will be giving the Ventus black and motore x F1 a try! On a side note I have a Fujikura 869 speeder evo TS hybrid shaft that I have never been able to find anything out about it. It weighs 100g X-flex before being cut down and I love it. I got it out of a tour issue M3 hybrid, but the ATMOS black HY is not close to feel or performance. Can you tell me anything about it or was it only TI? any info would be great!


Driver:taylormade-small: SIM Max 9, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X /  :ping-small: G410 Plus 9, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70-TX

Woods:cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-BB 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 4H, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90-X

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 4-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges: :ping-small: Glide Forged, DG TI S400, 52/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/8/2020 at 10:14 PM, yungkory said:

Are you able to comment on the "Taylormade" or "non-velocore" version of the Ventus? It was said earlier that your factories are wholly owned, does that mean you are producing the shaft for them, or are they (TM) making it? Is the profile relatively the same, with better materials making the tip stiffer?

No those shafts are produced in conjunction with TM at our partner factories in China, which we utilize for some production of other Fuji parts, not just OEM shafts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...