Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

“Shot Vision” iPhone app. Wow!

Here’s a step by step that works for me to get to the point of getting the ball ready to hit.

step one after opening app... press the center bottom “play” triangle, and it will bring you to this screen

A12D15AA-A432-4B05-B67A-D55F4F6F5EDB.thumb.jpeg.f73904d697b34d6cead66dbf6a613a58.jpeg

then press the “Quickshot” (free) panel and it will take you to... hopefully the first, or the second picture. The first picture might just be for the purchased

A8AE1BE0-A4CD-4CF2-AB32-EE08F8CCD118.thumb.jpeg.5df87ff042c0b8f4d2497cbeff206787.jpeg

then this pic, and choose tripod or ground

7F9D7ED2-FA03-42F9-98E1-AFDB6D2EB1DD.thumb.jpeg.782477d558a475d6ae8d760e549f64b2.jpeg

now the key part here is having the phone in the place it’s going to rest during the session, I think in the tripod is best, maybe a foot above ground.

so now while in the tripod and ready to go, verrrry gently tilt the phone back, or screen up depending on which makes more sense to you, until this next screen opens, which is the “live view” of the camera...

1419DABD-4C8C-42D5-BB4A-8B7862822958.thumb.jpeg.225b248f3c36a9978853fbb0d25be2a8.jpeg

Now notice the “play” button in the upper right of the “live”screen...

the phone should be stable in the session position, then press this play button, and it will shift to this screen...

DA514CF6-43C2-40ED-8F71-30463B804736.thumb.jpeg.4600f9855e3a3a7ba5a9ab2e1559cec6.jpeg

at this point it’s ready to rock. Now figure out where to put the ball and hit a shot, and it will either tell you

1-the balls not in the right spot, or

2-it will beep and give you the actual shot, or

3-nothing at all.

If it’s one or 3, start moving the ball around, forward, back, in, out whatever, until it sees a shot, then play and, it might still need adjusting as you go, especially if your “mat” moves around during shots. My AOA is too steep, so my mat moves a lot each hit, at least with this little mat I’m using

hope this helps!

4BFD6B9E-0D2E-42E3-A874-B69065B01EF6.jpeg

3DDAD8AF-4796-4C53-91F5-89E925E99F3B.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I was doing everything right per your instructions the first time. Sun popped out and boom, it worked. My settings were indoors and ground. I elevated the iPhone on top of 2 golf ball boxes. I was still in the same spot but had the garage door open. No warm up and 1 shot with each club. 2 hybrid on SkyTrak is 2 iron on the app. I don’t have my laptop so this is the best way i can present the info.

IMG_0154.thumb.JPG.b1f0851cdcff4a17104239ac81379a9e.JPGIMG_0159.thumb.JPG.d317ec51ddef3e49da73459c81827fd4.JPGIMG_0156.thumb.JPG.fe37fdd835dceddbc5f6fe60a446c61f.JPGIMG_0158.thumb.JPG.5a306d045ed4ce0893b570b739072215.JPGhttps://forum.mygolfspy.com/uploads/monthly_2020_04/IMG_

IMG_0157.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Update - I have the free version and with that it is a two person job because you have to view the data after each shot and averages aren’t accumulated. I convinced my daughter to help and I hit 10 shots with my 7 irons. Eye test conclusion is launch and spin are very close every shot. Ball speed and distance are significantly longer on the app which makes sense. Club head speed which SkyTrak doesn’t measure but calculates seems more accurate on the app but a little on the high side.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I’m glad you got it to work finally!!  Interesting to say the least, t would probably take more time than it’s worth to get some true differences going. I think the real key is that it needs to be consistent within itself, club to club.

my aoa was reading steep, so I watched a vid on a way to help get it lower, and it seems I got it down from average of 5, to average of 4. Still too steep, but better.

at the end of the day, and especially for free, it’s a fantastic app. I got mine to work with the big door shut, entirely with the shop lights . I’m guessing one could put an led shop light up behind the camera to really make the ball stand out ..

also hit the driver today, and it worked well, I was getting them out there 240-250, which is about right. I’m finding the distances to be pretty close to my known distances, so that’s good too.

i really wish there was a way to do simulation, but what can one expect for free right?

I’m glad you got it to work finally!!  Interesting to say the least, t would probably take more time than it’s worth to get some true differences going. I think the real key is that it needs to be consistent within itself, club to club.
my aoa was reading steep, so I watched a vid on a way to help get it lower, and it seems I got it down from average of 5, to average of 4. Still too steep, but better.
at the end of the day, and especially for free, it’s a fantastic app. I got mine to work with the big door shut, entirely with the shop lights . I’m guessing one could put an led shop light up behind the camera to really make the ball stand out ..
also hit the driver today, and it worked well, I was getting them out there 240-250, which is about right. I’m finding the distances to be pretty close to my known distances, so that’s good too.
i really wish there was a way to do simulation, but what can one expect for free right?

I’ll try to do a little more in depth work on this. If only launch and spin are accurate that at least has value. I will say the cleaner the hit the closer the results. I agree though, for free it is consistent in what it provides.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

A pic by pic would be great.  I've had mixed results, but no where near as good as they are for you.   I have heard it say ready each and every time, but it will only register one out of 8 shots or so.  Also with the 9 iron, distances were well short of what they should be.  Tried the 6 iron and got a few to register pretty close to where they should be.   

image.thumb.png.1289f8df0a4331044f9ecc76f326144f.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

99 mph 6 iron? Sheesh You must be tall, young, strong and coordinated...

low 80’s for me... short, old, weak, and a spazmatic

Is it accurate?

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Just now, cciciora13 said:

Is it accurate?

Absolutely to the yard, rpm, speed, it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

if you can get it to work.😉

2 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Absolutely to the yard, rpm, speed, it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

if you can get it to work.😉

Well then I definitely need to check it out!! Thanks!

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I set up a practice with the Pw for some bump and runs, first at 50, then 75 yards

it wants 30 shots each distance, it probably missed 3 or 4 out of all 60

08D9E014-5113-4900-8407-6A5299EF10B5.thumb.png.be8f1b8fb321cea599b39c099e202c8c.png

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Looks promising. When the weather gets a little better I’m going to give it another shot.

I seem to have it going well indoors, but who knows when I’ll get a chance to try it outside... damm Covid 

I downloaded this and tried it out on the range the over day and I honestly wasn't really impressed. Every number I got was wildly inaccurate and the yardages I was getting were shockingly short. My assumption is that it is due to having a faster club head speed, especially considering I have had similar issues with other cheap personal launch monitors, but I would be interested on getting some other opinions. 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

3 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

I downloaded this and tried it out on the range the over day and I honestly wasn't really impressed. Every number I got was wildly inaccurate and the yardages I was getting were shockingly short. My assumption is that it is due to having a faster club head speed, especially considering I have had similar issues with other cheap personal launch monitors, but I would be interested on getting some other opinions. 

Were you using range balls or your gamer ball?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

Yes I’ve heard the higher swing speed guys don’t do well with many of the inexpensive ones. Did you per chance run it at the same time you were running a real monitor? I’m hoping that eventually we get some more “head to head” comparisons. I have heard good results from the PRGR tho, it’s within the least expensive ones. I’m not in with the high speed swing guys, so maybe this is one of the few benefits of being an older, and progressively slower swinger...

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

Were you using range balls or your gamer ball?

They were new range balls but distances were still way off. I was getting distances around 245 with driver when I'm around 310-330 with range balls on GCquad and Trackman

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

22 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Yes I’ve heard the higher swing speed guys don’t do well with many of the inexpensive ones. Did you per chance run it at the same time you were running a real monitor? I’m hoping that eventually we get some more “head to head” comparisons. I have heard good results from the PRGR tho, it’s within the least expensive ones. I’m not in with the high speed swing guys, so maybe this is one of the few benefits of being an older, and progressively slower swinger...

Yea I'm topping out around 125mph with driver right now and had similar issues with the Rapsodo unit (granted not as bad). I was not able to run it side by side unfortunately since we don't have a launch monitor at my facility yet. I believe we will be adding the PRGR to our teaching arsenal soon to pair with our Super Speed classes. We also have the previously sold speed radar from Super Speed so I'm excited to see how the PRGR compares and how accurate its data is.

So they changed some stuff and please keep in mind it’s in “beta”mode, but it’s either reading worse, or suddenly I’m hitting 8 irons 180...

anyways, I’ve been communicating with then, and apparently will be more involved with the bats testing in an “indoor” setting. I’m supposed to find out more tomorrow.

but I will miss hitting 225 yd 5 irons, and averaging 300 yard drives...

I’ll post more as I learn more...

99 mph 6 iron? Sheesh You must be tall, young, strong and coordinated...
low 80’s for me... short, old, weak, and a spazmatic

I was going after it and it’s probably a tad high. During my club champion visit on trackman my average 6 iron club head speed was 95 and for reference my driver is about 114. But you can see from the launch angle of only 13 that it still wasn’t quite right but spin numbers and distance seem about in line with my norm.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

First new beta version Was very short with low spin- Except gap wedge was very long- it must be a challenge to figure all that crap out

theyve found a bug and writing a repair, I’ll check in after I get that. 

The new beta version is getting close!

I had similar problems indoors. I couldn’t get a single shot to read. So I bought a Zuma 60W LED continuous light and shine it from my Dewalt garage racks (9ft high) behind the iPhone at 45* angle.

This immediately fixed all ball reading to 100%. This also makes slow motion video look better if you record yourself hitting which is why I was good spending the $130 on the light even if the app ended up being a dud. I’m thinking I should have gotten two of the ZUMA’s to have even more light to drown out a little remaining LED pulse from my overhead T8 lights. This is the same reason it works for the guys who open their garage doors (during the day time). The continuous light makes slow motion video “good enough”. 

The Setup:

iPhone 8 and have the slow motion camera set to 240 FPS.
Placement:
Mini Tripod < 1 ft high.
Driver distance parallel to the ball

2 feet Away in the direction the ball is traveling.

Black Rukket netting covering the the slice/backdrop where the camera is pointed.

White ball, no markings other than Taylormade logo and number 

Basically the iPhone with tripod is on the concrete about a foot to the left of my left heel when I’m hitting a driver.

The way I tested it initially was to record the ball flight in slow motion. When I had the normal garage LED lights (60hz) you can barely see a blur zip across. When using a continuous LED you can actually see the ball flight when you record.

I don’t think an iPhone with a lower than 240 FPS will work well at all. I remember reading Skytrak was around 300 FPS somewhere. iPhone 7 and below only do 120 FPS so I doubt you’ll get much accuracy no matter how good the lighting is unless it is a slow ball speed.

I’m not sure if iPhone will eventually go to 360 FPS, but that could really make this app even more interesting. 

I do not own any other launch monitors to benchmark it against. I would say that it seems generally accurate to the numbers I see when I’m at the range with my coach and his Flightscope. I would also say that relative to its own readings they do go up and down based on the quality of the shot I hit (I.e. when I hit it well the numbers are higher and when I chunk it, the numbers are lower).
I’m a 15 handicap and I max out around 100 mph swing speed with a driver. I didn’t have a single missed shot in 100 swings with AW - DR. I’d say there were a handful of shots I *know* were misread, but I’d say the misread was mostly because I bladed them.

Great first post Padro!

I've had great results with this app on my iPhone8.  I set it up so it's less than a foot off the ground on a small tripod.  It's 4 feet behind the ball and 1 foot in front.  I'm outside hitting into a net for the most part and the numbers seem pretty close to what I would expect for distance on each club.  I did hit a few shots into a field with an 8 iron and the result was within 2 or 3 yards as shot by my laser after I walked out to the ball.  The weather has really sucked lately, but when it warms up a little more, I'm planning on doing some more testing for distance.  It would be great if someone that had access to a Trackman or GCQuad could do a comparison for spin and other numbers.  Hint, hint, MGS!  Overall, very much worth the monthly 6 bucks for the subscription.

-Be safe all!

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

Hm, you've piqued my curiosity. I'm skeptical, but very interested haha. Downloading now...

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero

Irons: Taylormade P770 4i - AW

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 at 55 and 60 degrees

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3Hy

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3W

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Arm Lock

Indoor readings have been troublesome to say the least.

theyre saying the outdoor mode is working really well.

ive got another beta to try tomorrow, getting one or two a day lately a they try to work out a bug.

socal is mid 90’s the last few days- tough to hit balls for very long with that kinda heat

Today was really good  

It Hardly any missed hits, and super accurate, but still a little long on wedges, but...not bad at all- 
I would be happy with it, “as is”, right now. But, I havent yet tried anything longer than a hybrid yet. And now its getting hot already dammit. 
But 5 ⭐️ today

Setup- garage is 35’ long and 30’ wide with 16’ tall, steel building (quansit hut style) 1 large roll up door and a front and rear normal doorway. 

In garage with all doors closed, except one, and its a good 20’ behind and to the right of hitting area. So not pitch black by any means, but darker than I've ever tried before. 
Overhead lights (fluorescent) OFF
One single semi powerful LED about a foot in front, and 2 feet left of camera. This really highlights the ball against the black strip of roofing paper ive got hanging along the right side of the “booth”, which is attached to the back of my rolling workbench
Camera is 2’ forward of ball flight line, and 4’ behind ball ( basically just behind and left of my left foot)
Camera on carpet, leaning back onto a small 2x4 piece. And I didnt ever have to move the camera. 
Literally might have missed 3-4 shots out of more than 100 probably.