Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist T100S/T200 irons

So I've gotten out the last two days on the course to just try to dial in some distances. My swing is a bit of a mess right now but that's not that unusual. When comparing them to the Srixon's they are 3-5 yards longer, which is nice but not that important to me. The problem comes in that there are still a couple of shots that are just monsters. 5th hole yesterday, pin directly in the middle of the green.  I dropped a few balls in the middle of the fairway, grabbed my laser, 140 to the pin. OK, hit the 9 first (145 Club) and see where it goes. Solid contact on a good line, lands on the green albeit 1" from the back fringe (150ish). OK, same spot let's try the wedge, solid contact, this one right at the flag, however it did not come down, flew 155, hits backside of the green and bounces another 20 yards away from the hole. SHOCKED, I actually checked twice to see I had the right club, I did. I don't think I have ever hit a wedge that far, not good. I am not sure what to make of this. Threw down another ball and with PW struck another, this one I didn't hit as well and pulled it about 10 yards, still hit the green and landed about 140, which is still farther than I would expect even with the pull. I don't think it is that the clubs are "hot" in certain spots, IMO they don't feel like that. I know that the Project X launches about 2* higher than the C taper in my Srixons, that may be part of it, it also may deliver the club differently. BUT it really does all boil down to the bloke swinging the club. And I am not getting the consistency that I want. 

This weekend will be a big deciding factor. Our City Championship is Sat & Sun, and the T100-S will be in the bag. Honestly not expecting a lot from my game in general but there is no better way to test something than to put it under the gun. 

I really like everything about the T100-S, except for the few rockets I have hit. If I can figure those out I can see these staying in the bag for a long time. If I can't they won't last that long. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Great job on the reviews so far guys, I still think my favorite all time set of irons I ever owned was a set of Titleist DCI Black.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

... Just a quick update on my T100-S irons. Been just a little off lately due to a stiff back. I just can't seem to get loose on the course and playing OK, just not in the kind of groove I would like to be in. Irons are behaving as well as can be expected when playing OK and responding with OK shots. The one iron that continues to perform at a high level is my 4 iron. The thinner sole and very thin top line should not inspire complete confidence in a long iron but my T100-S 4 iron does exactly that. I find myself using it for my 2nd shot on par 5's I can't reach in two, which is most of them. Comparing it to my P790  4 iron you can see the ticker top line, slot in the sole and foam filing should be in my bag, as it is in many players on tour that have a P790 4, 3 or 2 iron inter bags. It was something I planned on doing but the T100-S is performing so well I can't take it out of my bag. Of course feel is much better with the T100-S so that is also a factor.

1339948733_4irons.jpg.0e4142739640df6119277c2416a255e4.jpg

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Just a quick update on my T100-S irons. Been just a little off lately due to a stiff back. I just can't seem to get loose on the course and playing OK, just not in the kind of groove I would like to be in. Irons are behaving as well as can be expected when playing OK and responding with OK shots. The one iron that continues to perform at a high level is my 4 iron. The thinner sole and very thin top line should not inspire complete confidence in a long iron but my T100-S 4 iron does exactly that. I find myself using it for my 2nd shot on par 5's I can't reach in two, which is most of them. Comparing it to my P790  4 iron you can see the ticker top line, slot in the sole and foam filing should be in my bag, as it is in many players on tour that have a P790 4, 3 or 2 iron inter bags. It was something I planned on doing but the T100-S is performing so well I can't take it out of my bag. Of course feel is much better with the T100-S so that is also a factor.

I would say I am exactly the same. It's a little bit weird from a logic standpoint but the 4 iron has performed better than my p790 or z585. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

2 hours ago, chisag said:

Wow that looks really good.  Compact but still has some meat on it compared to something like Rickie's 4-iron.  It looks like it wants to be a solid feeling hit.  I can see why you like it.  And that's not to say the P790 looks bad either.  I've hit my friends 4-iron and liked it a lot.  but that T100s is something special.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 hours ago, chisag said:

That T100s 4 iron looks so perfect to my eyes

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

4 hours ago, chisag said:

It still amazes me how I see a club I think is slim and compact and then you see that next to it (and then something next to that after lol). Beautiful club. Glad you’re hitting the low end of the bag well! That’s a feat in itself

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Really nice start guys!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

17 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Just finished up my second 18 of the day. One full club round and my first iron only round. 

Full club round: 
I really struggled to start the round this morning. Started double, par, double, par, then went on a bogey run until finally parring the last. 44 and really struggled with distance control. Probably because my golf balls didn't arrive this weekend so I had to play a refurbished ProV1 and I never really got comfortable. Picked up some Tour B XS balls from the club house and proceeded to have a career 9 to end the morning session. Started birdie birdie and ended by missing a 5 foot birdie putt on the 8th and a 6 footer for par on the 9th. 36!!!!

Once I switched balls my distance control came back. The new PXG Lucky putter was on fire all day.  The T200's were everything I could ask for after the switch. I was even able to manage some low running fades with the 4-iron to get out of trouble on a few hole today. All in all I was on a real high after that 9 and couldn't wait to get back out for the irons only round after running some errands. 

Iron only round:
This round couldn't start soon enough after the way the first 18 ended. I had a few errands to run which worked out well as we caught a tiny shower come through. I knew I was gonna have my hands full after @Berg Ryman put up an amazing round. 

I started really well with 5 consecutive pars. The 6th hole is a medium length par 4 that is usually just a driver and a flip wedge. I manage to completely swip across a 4 iron that went as far sideways as it did forward! 🤦🏻‍♂️ No worries I tell myself just make a good swing now and the putter will save us. Well guess what, another shank, swip, push slice whatever you want to call it. Somehow managed to triple bogey after catching a tree and chunking my chip.  I never really got comfortable trying to chip, pitch, and bump and run with the t200 GW and I didn't improve any moving to the PW or 9. To be fair though I almost always use my 56* SM7 unless I need the low runner then I use a generic 48* wedge. It is definitely something I need to work on!  The rest of the round was pretty much bogey golf with a couple doubles and a par mixed in. The 2 terrible swing 4-irons got in my head and I could never recover.  

42/47 for an 89.  I play to an 7.7 for a net 82 +10. Not a bad score for no woods or specialty wedges but a far cry from the hopes leading up to the round with the way I played this morning.  I may have to rethink my strategy for my final round. 

The irons continue to perform very well when I put a good swing on them. There is still a shot that pops up from time to time that makes me go where did that come from distance wise. I am starting to think that I shouldn't have let True Tempers website fitting break the tie in my head between the AMT White and the LZ shafts. Once we get to the end of the review I may pick up some AMT whites and out them in to see how things change although after an even par 9 holes I should probably just quite thinking and play!!! 🤣

He’ll of a 36 nice work. Big fan of those bridge stones used them for a long time but swapped back over to the PROV1s. 
what’s your favorite aspect right now with the irons?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

He’ll of a 36 nice work. Big fan of those bridge stones used them for a long time but swapped back over to the PROV1s. 
what’s your favorite aspect right now with the irons?

Thanks. It has been a goal of mine for the last couple years. Now I’m gonna be looking for even par over 18!  
Honestly my favorite aspect is the looks. I know that is kind of silly but the thin top line, medium sole, and just the right amount of offset are perfect to my eye. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Thanks. It has been a goal of mine for the last couple years. Now I’m gonna be looking for even par over 18!  
Honestly my favorite aspect is the looks. I know that is kind of silly but the thin top line, medium sole, and just the right amount of offset are perfect to my eye. 

When you get the look right it’s amazing how much of a confidence boost that can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

When you get the look right it’s amazing how much of a confidence boost that can be!

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Just finished up my second 18 of the day. One full club round and my first iron only round. 

Full club round: 
I really struggled to start the round this morning. Started double, par, double, par, then went on a bogey run until finally parring the last. 44 and really struggled with distance control. Probably because my golf balls didn't arrive this weekend so I had to play a refurbished ProV1 and I never really got comfortable. Picked up some Tour B XS balls from the club house and proceeded to have a career 9 to end the morning session. Started birdie birdie and ended by missing a 5 foot birdie putt on the 8th and a 6 footer for par on the 9th. 36!!!!

Once I switched balls my distance control came back. The new PXG Lucky putter was on fire all day.  The T200's were everything I could ask for after the switch. I was even able to manage some low running fades with the 4-iron to get out of trouble on a few hole today. All in all I was on a real high after that 9 and couldn't wait to get back out for the irons only round after running some errands. 

Iron only round:
This round couldn't start soon enough after the way the first 18 ended. I had a few errands to run which worked out well as we caught a tiny shower come through. I knew I was gonna have my hands full after @Berg Ryman put up an amazing round. 

I started really well with 5 consecutive pars. The 6th hole is a medium length par 4 that is usually just a driver and a flip wedge. I manage to completely swip across a 4 iron that went as far sideways as it did forward! 🤦🏻‍♂️ No worries I tell myself just make a good swing now and the putter will save us. Well guess what, another shank, swip, push slice whatever you want to call it. Somehow managed to triple bogey after catching a tree and chunking my chip.  I never really got comfortable trying to chip, pitch, and bump and run with the t200 GW and I didn't improve any moving to the PW or 9. To be fair though I almost always use my 56* SM7 unless I need the low runner then I use a generic 48* wedge. It is definitely something I need to work on!  The rest of the round was pretty much bogey golf with a couple doubles and a par mixed in. The 2 terrible swing 4-irons got in my head and I could never recover.  

42/47 for an 89.  I play to an 7.7 for a net 82 +10. Not a bad score for no woods or specialty wedges but a far cry from the hopes leading up to the round with the way I played this morning.  I may have to rethink my strategy for my final round. 

The irons continue to perform very well when I put a good swing on them. There is still a shot that pops up from time to time that makes me go where did that come from distance wise. I am starting to think that I shouldn't have let True Tempers website fitting break the tie in my head between the AMT White and the LZ shafts. Once we get to the end of the review I may pick up some AMT whites and out them in to see how things change although after an even par 9 holes I should probably just quite thinking and play!!! 🤣

Yea to piggy back off @B.Boston I never realized how much looking down at something and it being “right” helps. First time for me this year with the new set, just works

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Another round to go @blackngold_blood. You'll pull it together, I believe. Maybe try and found a course on a drier ground or on a nice warm and windy day.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

10 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Yea to piggy back off @B.Boston I never realized how much looking down at something and it being “right” helps. First time for me this year with the new set, just works

I agree. It is something I never really thought mattered much until seeing these at address. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Father’s Day weekend I played in our City Championship with the T100-S in the bag. Hit the ball well, shot 75 & 76 and SG putting for the 2 rounds was -7.1, so solid ball striking. Summary of my experience so far was summed up in back to back holes the second day. Par 5 14th I hit a good drive and had 222 to a front flag with a little helping wind, course was baked out, it was 105 for 3 days and they didn’t put any water down. So I figured if I hit a flush 4 iron it would be the perfect club. The problem is you can’t hit a perfect anything with a terrible swing. Ball starts left and goes farther left, if it hadn’t have hit a tree it would have been OB by no less than 20 yards. Just ugly. Next hole par 3 15th 208 to a flag 5 paces from front right edge with big bunker spanning entire front of green, you hit it in the bunker and its 4 or 5. Wind blowing in and from right. Took 4 iron and flushed it, was trying center of green, but pushed it just right of the flag. Lands perfectly soft takes one bounce and stops 5 feet from the hole. Just as pure of feel as you can have. Yes I missed the putt. 😪

Like I said it was hot all weekend and the ball was jumping but the T100-S are at least a half and in some instances a full club longer than I am used to. The issue that I am seeing is the extremes are bigger. I have a suspicion I know what is causing it. I am going to jump on SkyTrak this week and hit some shots back to back with my gamers and see if I am right. 

39 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Father’s Day weekend I played in our City Championship with the T100-S in the bag. Hit the ball well, shot 75 & 76 and SG putting for the 2 rounds was -7.1, so solid ball striking. Summary of my experience so far was summed up in back to back holes the second day. Par 5 14th I hit a good drive and had 222 to a front flag with a little helping wind, course was baked out, it was 105 for 3 days and they didn’t put any water down. So I figured if I hit a flush 4 iron it would be the perfect club. The problem is you can’t hit a perfect anything with a terrible swing. Ball starts left and goes farther left, if it hadn’t have hit a tree it would have been OB by no less than 20 yards. Just ugly. Next hole par 3 15th 208 to a flag 5 paces from front right edge with big bunker spanning entire front of green, you hit it in the bunker and its 4 or 5. Wind blowing in and from right. Took 4 iron and flushed it, was trying center of green, but pushed it just right of the flag. Lands perfectly soft takes one bounce and stops 5 feet from the hole. Just as pure of feel as you can have. Yes I missed the putt. 😪

Like I said it was hot all weekend and the ball was jumping but the T100-S are at least a half and in some instances a full club longer than I am used to. The issue that I am seeing is the extremes are bigger. I have a suspicion I know what is causing it. I am going to jump on SkyTrak this week and hit some shots back to back with my gamers and see if I am right. 

CBD oil, HGH, and those “little blue pills” got you like the Hulk!!! 😂😂😂

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Others have said it, but you all are killing this. This is one of my favorite reviews now. So many good stories about how different clubs are working for everyone.

I am going to have no need for an iron set anytime soon, but I've always wanted to own a set of Titleists! 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Nice job thus far, guys. What’s weird for me is that I’ve never met a Titleist iron club that I’ve liked or i should say that has worked for me when trying it - including the wedges that everybody seems to love.

Woods and hybrids, they fit my eye and swing all day.

Looking forward to reading further

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

20 minutes ago, revkev said:

Nice job thus far, guys. What’s weird for me is that I’ve never met a Titleist iron club that I’ve liked or i should say that has worked for me when trying it - including the wedges that everybody seems to love.

I love my Vokey's, but I generally have the same reaction to the irons.  Tested some and they lost out to Mizuno.  This is a really intriguing thread though; testers are killing it!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Same here, Rev. The drivers and fairways have always been good for me. Although, I’d still be open to trying them, and the wedges, in the future. Who knows, maybe they’d be best for me next time.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... My T100-S must have heard my clubs talking as I played my P760's Sunday and hit the ball better than I have the last several rounds. They reminded me why I love them and was not looking for other irons until the T100-S were available for review, really the only other irons I was interested in playing. Started out hitting every green and every fairway thru the first 6 holes. Birdie-par-par-birdie-par-birdie. Hit my tee shot on the 7th hole and the heavens parted, thunder roared and rain cascaded down on Chicago. Sat under a pavilion roof for an hour and the rain finally almost stopped so we hit our tee shots on 7 and an unseen lightening bolt sounded like it broke something right over our heads. ⚡ I could not get to the parking lot fast enough. 😳 

... But the T100-S were insanely accurate today. I have had some trouble with distances, not fliers or coming up short, just figuring out which iron toe use in in between yardages with wind and elevation changes but not today. PW from 121 to 6 feet birdie, PW from 129 to 12 feet par, 8 iron from 151 to 15 feet par, 7 iron from 161 to 3 feet birdie, 48* to 10 feet par and 5 iron from 184 to 10 feet birdie. Then rain, rain and more rain when ZERO rain was predicted. Again, I was hitting the ball better than I have the last 5 or 6 rounds and the Golf Gods evidently just weren't gonna have it. Hopefully I can pick up where I left off tomorrow but e all know how that goes...

Good stuff glad ya made it out of there not crispy.

anything different today? Do you think the 760s confidence boost helped ya work through something?

Or just one of those clubs knowing they were in timeout for a round lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

... Nothing different per se. My back gets stiff which is a fancy way of saying it hurts but I play anyway because life is short. I can't really throw my arms thru impact as that creates torque and my body naturally protects itself so my entire body turns thru impact. It isn't intentional and I can play that way with some degree of success, but when my back feels loose, I can make the kind of free flowing swings I need to make to play good golf. Took yesterday off and just felt pretty darned good today and with my first swing, a 4 iron off the tee that felt like dead center and went right where I wanted it to go I knew it was gonna be a good round. Stayed that way for 6 holes and then the rain. 

... The 760's with foam and hollow heads in the mid and long irons are pretty long and very forgiving for a small headed iron. Really the best long irons I have played. But one area where the T100-S are obviously better is partial and knockdown shots. I think the foam heads and thin faces tend to fly a little farther than I like sometimes but the T100-S are very predictable with partial and knockdown shots, either on the money or a little short, which is exactly what I want with those shots. 

On 6/29/2020 at 2:11 PM, THEZIPR23 said:

Yes I missed the putt. 😪

Sorry, but I had to include the missed putt,haha... 

so kind of a distance club unintentionally? I thought the Srixons were already sort of a “distance club”...🤔 looking forward to the comparison...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

4 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Sorry, but I had to include the missed putt,haha... 

so kind of a distance club unintentionally? I thought the Srixons were already sort of a “distance club”...🤔 looking forward to the comparison...

Yes unintentional, I have sailed more greens in the last month than I probably ever have in my life. Z785 7 iron is 170-175 tops. I hit the T100-S 7 iron to a back right flag during tourney from 188. It was left but pin high. Would’ve never thought about hitting Z785 7 iron from that far. More to come on this, this week....

9 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Yes unintentional, I have sailed more greens in the last month than I probably ever have in my life. Z785 7 iron is 170-175 tops. I hit the T100-S 7 iron to a back right flag during tourney from 188. It was left but pin high. Would’ve never thought about hitting Z785 7 iron from that far. More to come on this, this week....

... This is why we write reviews as my experience has been the opposite. Of course I am coming from P790's and P760's and especially compared to the 790's a true players distance iron T100-S are coming up short when not the distance I am looking for. Every now and then I can get to the back of the green and a handful of times just over, but always when in-between clubs. Not saying the T100-S are short by any means as it took me a long time to get used to the distance I was hitting the 790's or 760 mid/long irons and I was never comfortable with 5* gaps. It is gonna be interesting once I feel completely comfortable with the T100-S and play several rounds in succession with my P760's for comparison. Personally, I would not put the 790's in the same category but everyone is different. I am looking forward to your review!