TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist T100S/T200 irons

... I have to remind my wife every now and then, guys only give a hard time to guys they like. They ignore guys they don't like but after a great shot "FU!" is the ultimate compliment. 

This is true. SWMBO does not understand it either.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... While we are on the subject, the first time I played with women many, many years ago I was shocked at their relationship. First green one girl hits a putt right past the hole with too much speed and it runs off the green and the other girl says "Wow, that was so close. Great job Gloria!" and Gloria says excitedly "I know, it was so close!" and I realized that is how they support each other and break the tension of a putt rolling off the green. I am thinking if it were one of my playing pards we would be saying "Sheesh, you need more loft in that driver!" or "Gotta cut out those steroids for breakfast" kinda remarks to break the tension and support each other. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... While we are on the subject, the first time I played with women many, many years ago I was shocked at their relationship. First green one girl hits a putt right past the hole with too much speed and it runs off the green and the other girl says "Wow, that was so close. Great job Gloria!" and Gloria says excitedly "I know, it was so close!" and I realized that is how they support each other and break the tension of a putt rolling off the green. I am thinking if it were one of my playing pards we would be saying "Sheesh, you need more loft in that driver!" or "Gotta cut out those steroids for breakfast" kinda remarks to break the tension and support each other. 

It's so much easier to play good golf with people who you can have a laugh with.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

Oh I would totally be ragging on blowing one by and I would expect the same....if I said nice putt to @B.Boston he would know I was being a wise ass lol. Lying doesn’t help lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

33 minutes ago, chisag said:

LOL, I actually get it and think it's quite funny. That putt was probably close to the hole as it blew past it. Where it stopped has no bearing on how close it was to the hole at some point. Hence, "that was so close." I have seen and heard this in a number ladies rounds.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

34 minutes ago, chisag said:

I don't know if you happened by chance to see one Suzy Whaley's talks on the main stage at the 2019 PGA Show.  She was talking about how men and women approach golf differentky. While she was making some very accurate facts, she was almost a one woman comedy show in her presentation.   It was very good. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Wow what an awesome video! The swing and those clubs are a thing of beauty

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I don't know if you happened by chance to see one Suzy Whaley's talks on the main stage at the 2019 PGA Show.  She was talking about how men and women approach golf differentky. While she was making some very accurate facts, she was almost a one woman comedy show in her presentation.   It was very good. 

She’s great for golf. When she was at Blue Fox in CT she made a name for herself. Nice lady also.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

She’s great for golf. When she was at Blue Fox in CT she made a name for herself. Nice lady also.

Super Fantastic lady,  great ambassador for the game, full of energy and she'll take time to speak to you like you're the most important person she's going to talk to that day!  

Played another 18 today and got some really interesting results.
I started the day with a Triple Bogie that was the result of another random shot that flew 30 yards too far, cleared the green, and went o.b. The following hole was a perfectly struck 8-iron on the par 3 that flew 10 yards too far and lead to bogie. The rest of the front 9 was more of the same inconsistent distances. Some long some short.
The back 9 was much better for distance control. I am starting to wonder how much the shaft is playing into my distance inconsistencies and how much it is the T200 themselves. I have 1 more round planned before finishing my stage 2 and I may do a quick reshaft for it to see if that changes anything.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

On 4/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, chisag said:

Stage 1

… Well, well, well I received my irons a week after THEZIPR23, blackngold_blood and DavePO43, yet am the first to Stage 1. What a bunch of slackers! 🤣 A quick intro for those that don't already know me. chisag stands for CHIcago Screen Actors Guild. I have been a member of SAG for 42 years. Being an actor meant I was either very busy or had a ton of free time. The free time can work very well with a sport I am passionate about that takes a good 5+ hours to play considering the round and travel. As an actor gets older, roles are not as plentiful and free time is much more the norm than being busy. Obviously great for golf and I can take an entire winter off, which I did in 2019 playing 4 months in Phoenix. 107 out of 117 days playing golf can really fine tune your game. That said, this year due to a herniated disc, rehab and Covid closures, I did not play a single round of golf for 5 months. That is by far the longest break I have ever had from playing.

SAG.jpg.5123ab68f4572da0dc3128a58fd3bb4c.jpg

… While the short game is my bread and butter for scoring, iron play is certainly a strength of my game. Loving equipment, I have owned way too many iron sets to mention. I currently play and rotate some Taylor Made P760’s & P790’s, Cobra Forged Tours and some Srixon Z Forged MB’s. Needless to say, the last thing I needed was a new set of irons. But of course I always look and the irons that caught my attention in 2020 were the Titleist T100-S. When MGS offered a set for review, I threw my hat into the ring and was very pleasantly surprised to be picked. Thank you MGS. All of my current irons have strengths and weaknesses but I will concentrate on comparisons with my P760’s, the irons I played most. I love everything about them other than their surprisingly thick top line. One of my biggest questions going forward is will the T100-S mid/long irons be as long and forgiving as my foam filled P760’s.

1991802395_Ironheads.jpg.2fc0f0ce6aa44287fbd80dd1fd62492b.jpg

… Right out of the box, the T100-S looked like irons I had a hand in designing. Head size, shape, hosel transition, sole camber and a thin top line is just about perfect to my eye and they immediately jumped to my favorite irons aesthetically. I dated a Playboy Bunny back in the late  70’s for a very short time and know all too well that looks don’t always match up with perfoprmance. So as beautiful to my eye as the T100-S are, they will have to outperform what I am playing now. That is a tall order.

467406215_T100gripsandbox.jpg.a0f67a90ef3befb31aecfe989b82ebce.jpg
1831557469_T100wholeclub.jpg.af18f8d6cf5d41ab866468efd3e4965c.jpg
1472647873_T100cb.jpg.3a4a574e9e2bf924a75074ab17055c1c.jpg

… About 15 years ago I spent an entire fall playing only knockdown shots determined to master that shot in Chicago’s winds. Most courses here stop watering around October and the fairways can become rock hard. I am happy to say I now have that shot, but by pounding all my clubs straight down into the hard turf I developed a nasty case off elbow tendonitis. Per my Ortho’s orders (a serious golfer himself) I switched to heavy weight graphite in my irons to reduce the wear and tear on my elbow and my body. I am glad I did and I never went back to steel. My favorites are the Recoil Prototype 95’s and I was extremely interested in the Kuro Kage Tini 105 gm shafts that were available in the T100-S. I ordered them in Stiff Flex and soft stepped once. Specs and description looked really good and my only concern was feel. I found playing some Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, the feel is a little closer to steel than graphite. Great for Pro’s that have been playing steel their entire lives, but I am used to the smoother, slightly dampened feel of Aldila VS Proto’s and Recoil Prototypes. With Tini wire in the tip section for stability, I was hoping they felt more like Recoils than Steelfibers. If not, I would just re-shaft with my Recoil Prototypes but after 3 rounds, the feel is exactly what I look for in a heavyweight graphite iron shaft. Stable, accurate and precise with a slightly dampened feel to absorb unwanted shock. They launch a little higher than I am used to, but adjusting should not be difficult.

1598141416_Ironshafts.jpg.b6846e7e5bedb4c6015354bfe9eb70f8.jpg

2039229149_T100KKshafts.jpg.914fcff96ea9d193ccbf9d84f11e69e4.jpg

… Due to the Corona virus I was not able to schedule a fitting for my T100-S but I know my specs and what shafts work for me, so it really wasn’t a concern for me. That said, I would always choose a fitting if possible. Other than 2* upright, soft stepped once and 1/4” long, my specs are standard. With only 3 rounds played, I m still trying to figure out yardages for each iron, something I will have down for Phase 2. I will say as an old school golfer that played a 48* pw for most of my golfing life, I have reluctantly learned to navigate the 6* gap between my 46* pw and 52* sw. But the opportunity to play a 48* wedge that Titeist calls a W2 was a welcome surprise. And instead of a W1 and W2 on the sole, Titleist labels these 2 wedges as P and 48* so no confusion pulling a wedge without reading glasses LOL. A small thing but a nice touch.

1748940363_Pand48.jpg.956dccdfa3387b595572cba743be0980.jpg

… While I can and have played MB’s, I see no advantage over a Players CB that gives me everything a MB provides with added forgiveness. Like many low index players, on my good days I can hit anything well, but on my off days and especially days when my back is tight I will use all the forgiveness I can get. I am very interested to see how forgiving the tungsten in the heel and toe of the mid and long irons will be on slight mishits. And would the slightly thinner face of the T100-S compared to the T100 produce a hair more distance. A myth is other than the longest hitters, a little more distance for a better player is not wanted in their irons. But a slight increase in distance is always a plus if that distance is accurate, repeatable and all your gaps are covered. Why would I not want to hit my 4 iron 205 instead of 200? While I have never experienced any fliers from a good lie with my P790’s, they can occasionally be a few yards longer, because with a 5* interval between irons they cover a larger gap than I would ideally prefer. My hope is going back to 4* gaps I will experience more precise yardages and gapping from my T100-S. (bottom left)

350649040_Ironfaces.jpg.4b2a716a24dd436558ba44e3abf1af06.jpg

… And lastly, these are not GI’s or posses any magic that can correct a bad swing. Unlike many GI and certainly SGI irons, you will definitely know if you hit one thin losing distance and your fingers stinging similar to a MB. But the T100 series is the most played iron on the PGA Tour for a reason, and that tells me they can be extremely accurate and repeatable for guys who make their living knowing exactly how far they hit every iron. And make no mistake, the vast majority of players on all tours, PGA /LPGA/Champions want all the forgiveness they can get when it comes with accuraccy, for both direction and distance. So all I am looking for is an iron that:

1. Feels great
2. Looks ideal at address
3. Allows me to be laser accurate with my good swings
4. Gives me a little forgiveness with my bad swings
5. Produces a few more yards 

971358079_T100cavity.jpg.5385e1425bb809fef9554a95c199bc3b.jpg
1305932868_T100face.jpg.b99f348652f8b530fce2a9610732319a.jpg
737410612_8ironteemark.jpg.cb4056ab67d5e5dfba6f1c2aee95acfc.jpg

… If there are any specific questions about the T100-S irons or Kuro Kage shaft you would like answered, or something you are just curious about, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer as I play and become more familiar with their capabilities. I have not requested to be considered for irons and a MGS review until the T100-S so they clearly have an opportunity to not only make it into my bag, but became my primary irons. I look forward to sharing my progress with all of you.

Those are some gorgeous irons, I hit a couple balls with them during a fitting I had a few weeks back, I am not at the level to use and master those yet.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

On 4/3/2020 at 10:41 AM, blackngold_blood said:

First off I really want to thank MyGolfSpy and Titleist for the opportunity to do this review.

For a more complete bio you can find it here.  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/32612-2019-official-forum-member-review-lynx-black-cat-and-prowler-vt-irons/?tab=comments#comment-560524

If you prefer the short version here goes.  My name is Mark Kramer and I live in North Central Iowa.  I work as a HVAC Technician and as you can imagine this is the busy season for me.  Not only are people finally starting the A/C's for the year but the weather has become perfect for golf.  On top of that my daughter turns 18 on Monday and will officially have a graduation ceremony on Father's Day.  I have been married to my beautiful wife and best friend for 5 years now.  I love everything associated with golf from club building to playing to club ho'ing.

To say I was excited and anxious to receive the T200's would be an understatement. I took off work the day there were delivered and this was my waiting spot!2045095283_T200waitingseat.jpg.1ccab6fb8079c32ab08ba3e06d42302d.jpg

First impressions are as important in golf as they are in dating.  Right when I opened the box from Titleist I knew I was dealing with a company that cares about how their clubs are packaged.  I have received clubs from other manufactures that had very little packing to keep clubs from banging around on each other.446327748_T200box.jpg.dd8924eb9641f18ca5eb258dd96b71a3.jpg 

From all of the pictures online to the reviews, these T200's have everything I look for in an iron cosmetically.  Thinnish topline, nice sole width, not too long heel to toe, and just enough offset to help with my right miss without being off putting.372791356_T200address2.jpg.414f84334f3d4991b091654c83bba8cb.jpg1652601320_T200sole.jpg.da61133c7fdda78d46164c327c83dead.jpg1352564154_T200back.jpg.5cc1002e2b222551f16906d41a1f819b.jpg

For this review we were originally going to be fitted at a Titleist Thursday in our area, obviously with the Covid-19 pandemic we weren't sure when Titleist would resume so we decided to either get fitted locally or if we knew our specs we could go that route.  I called the closest golf store to me that does fittings and they informed me that they were never sent their fitting irons from Titleist.  It seemed off to me and I will gladly discuss with anyone wanting more details via Personal Messages.  I will just say this, I don't believe this is to be considered a knock on Titleist.  I have played a fair amount of different equipment over the years and have a fairly decent idea of what works for my swing so I decided to go that route.  My specs that I ordered were T200's 4-W2(GW) with Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, GP MCC black/black standard grips, -1/2" length, 1* upright, and logos up(I'm weird that way!)  When I received the irons everything was spot on except the logos of the shafts were down.  Not a huge issue and probably my fault for not specifying.945460789_T200address.jpg.4a969caba6664f2b137e9416e3ea7308.jpg

When it comes to reviewing and playing an iron set, my main focus is and always will be consistent distance.  I want to know that if I put 2 similar swings on a club that the ball will travel the desired distance.  I am a big believer in not caring/worrying whether my 7-iron goes 165 or 155 as long as I can count on it going that specific distance.

I do have a couple iron only rounds planned as a little side competition with [mention=55883]Berg Ryman[/mention] to add a nice twist to the review process.  If there is anything specific anybody wants to see or have tested please let us know.

Again a huge thank you to MyGolfSPy and Titleist for this opportunity! 

1950573045_T200inthebag.jpg.671c9e6927f98bdb150e8140c55526ad.jpg2141553111_T200all.jpg.03a45a137abdfb3f1494d13711cf4437.jpg1738043230_T200shaftlogo.jpg.31f74e9fa940cf0bc7bdf0bd5ac12567.jpg1455564546_T200Sub70sole.jpg.33099a4c652a0a2ba8b811f8fd90c797.jpg2001762955_T200Sub70address.jpg.415374fc44088a204cbacfeb8d1b277c.jpg

On 4/3/2020 at 10:41 AM, DaveP043 said:

Once again, I’m back with a review, one of the lucky few selected to review the Titleist T200 irons.  Thanks to Titleist for providing the clubs, and to MyGolfSpy for selecting me.
An introduction to me, I'm a 64-year old Geotechnical Engineer, living in the Washington DC suburbs. I play golf a bit further west, at Stoneleigh Golf Club in Round Hill, VA. Stoneleigh is on the eastern flank of the Blue Ridge. The course is pretty hilly, lots of uphill and downhill shots, with rolling to really severely contoured greens. The greens are generally moderately firm, its not possible to stop a ball with trajectory alone, spin is important. Its not really long, only 6800 yards from the back tees, but it doesn't need to be. The course is pretty breezy most days, so dealing with the wind is important.
I've been playing golf since I was a teenager, so I'm approaching 50 years of experience. I was largely a hacker, maybe a 15-handicap at best until I joined the club in the early 90s. Since then, with the help of a couple of lessons, a good bit of practice, and lots of play, I've become much better, currently a 6 handicap. I love to play and love even more to compete. Lucky for me, my wife is the same. Almost all of our vacations involve golf, we own a condo in the Pinehurst area, golf is a huge part of both our lives. I play club tournaments, and on the inter-club leagues. And when my wife and I play together, we're always playing a match “for all the money in the world.” 
A quick equipment summary: I just replaced my driver over the winter of 2018/2019. Through a fitting session at Mid South in Pinehurst, I ended up with a Calloway Rogue SubZero with Graphite Design YS-Six shaft. Irons are (or used to be) AP-2 714 with KBS Tour S shafts, with Vokey wedges of various ages. Putter is an old Ping G5i (with the blue inserts) B-60.
As I mentioned, I'm a single-digit handicap, current with a 5.0 index. I generally keep the ball in play, hit a fair number of greens. Due to a change I've been working on over the last couple of years, I'm hitting the ball pretty straight, and a little higher than I used to, with a slight tendency towards a draw. Long irons are decent, short irons are generally good, short game and putting have been pretty solid recently. 

I’ll post a video of my swing. 

https://youtu.be/lRfXUFutw0w

I’m not a power player, driver swing speed is just under 100 mph.  7-iron with my AP-2s is around 150 yards.  I’m not one to change equipment very often.  My AP-2 irons are about 5 or 6 years old, before that I had Mizuno MP-30 irons for 6 or 7 more years.  I bought my current irons from my home club.  I wasn’t really fitted by today’s standards, although I did try a number of clubheads and shafts from the fitting package in the pro shop, working with the head pro to visually evaluate ball flight and distance.

For the T-200s, I went to a nearby Titleist fitting center, at 1757 Golf Club in Sterling, VA.  I worked with Tim Brogan, analyzing all of the available shafts through Trackman.  I want to send my thanks to Tim! https://www.1757golfclub.com/club-fitting-repair#team

I think I was the first of the four to actually receive my clubs, and posted just a couple of photos here:
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/37482-2020-official-member-review-titleist-t100st200-irons/?do=findComment&comment=631645
Since I received the clubs, I’ve played 7 rounds of golf, so they don’t look quite so shiny and clean, but I haven’t bunged them up too badly.  Obviously, these clubs look great, pretty classic at address.  The “technology” is only apparent when you look at the back of the clubs, but who really looks there?  As with every time I’ve done a review, some of it will be evaluating how well these clubs fulfil Titleist’s marketing claims, but a big part of it will simply be comparing them with my current irons.  This would be my normal way of thinking about a different clubs, but will also fulfil requests by at least a couple of MGS members who also play AP2s.  For that, I’ll add a few photos showing the T200 against the AP-2

6-iron
20200609_165312a.jpg.6468f1d90211b142099af61cff0a0fe1.jpg

Pitching Wedge

20200609_165401a.jpg.eaedb9f416b6f9e2e4722fb21d5fb2c7.jpg

In case you can’t tell by the wear pattern, the T200 is to the top in each photo.  You can see that the T200 is slightly larger for each one, which is most apparent to my eyes when I’m swing the shorter irons.

From the top:

6-iron
20200609_170128a.jpg.8bec76e9a050de0943ec7e96435c3a4c.jpg
Wedge
20200609_170307a.jpg.64564e91aa03cad86ce28fcc840d772e.jpg

It may be hard to tell from that angle, but the topline on the T200 (right) is a little sharper than on the AP2.  I couldn’t get a photo to show it clearly, but the leading edge is a little sharper on the T200, the AP2 is a little more rounded.  Another interesting look, and it only shows up on the 4 and 5 irons, at address I can see just a bit of the trailing edge of the sole.

20200605_140243a.jpg.8a6bdd99bafe5a18faef84574258169f.jpg

I haven’t felt like my swing is really crisp coming into this review, probably because I’m not practicing as much as I usually do (COVID stuff, ugh).  Still, my first impression of playing the clubs is solid.  Consistent with my fitting results, the x-iron goes a bit further than the old x-iron, while the launch angle is just as high.  Phrased differently, to avoid offending the “loft-jacking opponents”, my 150-yard club now flies higher than the previous 150-yard club.  Forgiveness seems OK (and I’ve hit a bunch of off-center shots), and the well-struck shots just feel effortless.  

So what’s my plan going forward?  Well, I’m just going to play and practice.  As I said earlier, part of my evaluation will be a comparison to my current clubs, the AP2 714.  The other part will be an evaluation of the clubs performance as compared to Titleist’s claims.  Here’s what they say, without going into the technical details:
“Max Impact Technology will produce maximum ball speed from nearly any point on the face
More tungsten weighting will increase MOI, producing tighter shot dispersion
A forged clubface will increase ball speed on the lower portion of the clubface.  Progressive weighting moves the CG lower in the longer irons, producing “superior ball flight”
For anyone interested, you can check out more details here”
https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/irons/t200
and from Tony Covey’s article here:
https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-t100-t200-t300-iron-review/

The T200s are also amazing looking clubs, also hit those a little better than the 100s, I am dropping hints to the wife that I need a new set of irons form my birthday in  a couple of weeks.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

... My T100-S Stage 2 review is up and below Stage 1. 🤗

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

Ok, let me run get a snack and settle in for this read!  

This is one of the best testing groups ever assembled.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

6 minutes ago, revkev said:

I think I can say on behalf of the MOD's were were really excited when it was all sorted out and  we saw all four names together.  And they have not disappointed one bit! 

21 minutes ago, chisag said:

What a fantastic Job Chi!   The pictures were better than you see in some major publications...Nicely done!

Loved reading each category and your thoughts on them compared to what you were looking for in that aspect.  A really good description of the transitions and the hosels and leading edge.   

Very well written. 

Stage 2 is up!!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

On 7/21/2020 at 9:24 AM, revkev said:

Yeah, just a group of BALLERS. Loved the stage 2s! Makes me want new sticks 😅

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

13 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Yeah, just a group of BALLERS. Loved the stage 2s! Makes me want new sticks 😅

quite possibility the lowest aggregate  handicap of 4 testers that we've ever had.  

51 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

quite possibility the lowest aggregate  handicap of 4 testers that we've ever had.  

It'll be interesting to see the last review when it comes out.  We've got a pretty wide variation of ratings and experiences so far.  

Thanks again to MyGolfSpy and to Titleist, this has been a lot of fun to do.  It's also a lot of thought and a lot of effort to try to do our best, so I particularly appreciate the confidence that y'all put in us.  I think I need a break from thinking, so I'll probably wait for a while before I toss my hat in the ring again.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

It'll be interesting to see the last review when it comes out.  We've got a pretty wide variation of ratings and experiences so far.  

Thanks again to MyGolfSpy and to Titleist, this has been a lot of fun to do.  It's also a lot of thought and a lot of effort to try to do our best, so I particularly appreciate the confidence that y'all put in us.  I think I need a break from thinking, so I'll probably wait for a while before I toss my hat in the ring again.  

LOl.. You guys did a great job all the way around.   We appreciate the hard work put into it and I know Corey and the group at Titleist have really enjoyed following the thread.

29 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

LOl.. You guys did a great job all the way around.   We appreciate the hard work put into it and I know Corey and the group at Titleist have really enjoyed following the thread.

I'm sure that Corey and the rest at Titleist were hoping for uniformly high ratings, and I appreciate that they took a risk with a foursome of MyGolfSpy forum players.  One thing is clear, we're not simply shilling, we each gave this our honest best.  I have a feeling that my opinion of the clubs will continue to climb as I play them more, and I think that comes through in the review.  I know I said I'm going to stop thinking, but I'll make sure to update this thread as time goes on.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

40 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks to Corey and Titleist for the opportunity. 

MGS is great!

And mods you guys are awesome! Ugly thankless job however you guys do it incredibly well. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

Just to give a brief status update. I wrote my stage 2 last weekend and since, I found a great deal on new C Taper's ($200). Supposed to receive next week. Once I get them installed I will go through another test and update my review as applicable. 

36 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm sure that Corey and the rest at Titleist were hoping for uniformly high ratings, and I appreciate that they took a risk with a foursome of MyGolfSpy forum players.  One thing is clear, we're not simply shilling, we each gave this our honest best.  I have a feeling that my opinion of the clubs will continue to climb as I play them more, and I think that comes through in the review.  I know I said I'm going to stop thinking, but I'll make sure to update this thread as time goes on.

They totally knew going in that the reviews wouldn't be an automatic raving unpaid add, that that’s not what MGS does.   But they are confident in all of their products and truly  want to hear honest feedback.  About what is good and what can be improved.   

28 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Thanks to Corey and Titleist for the opportunity. 

MGS is great!

And mods you guys are awesome! Ugly thankless job however you guys do it incredibly well. 

Very kind of you. The members here make it a very enjoyable job. In my case, Its a true labor of love.  

My Stage 2 is up!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Great job, everybody! These were some great reviews. It'll be interesting to see what happens when @THEZIPR23 gets different shafts in them.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges