Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist T100S/T200 irons

Well - I did it! Went Friday and got fitted for the Titleist T100 S irons..... Thanks for all the great information you have provided regarding the irons.

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Well - I did it! Went Friday and got fitted for the Titleist T100 S irons..... Thanks for all the great information you have provided regarding the irons.

... Woohoo! You are very welcome. I can't wait to hear how they perform for you. I just put some Recoil Prototype 95 f3 shafts in 3 of my T100-S and will compare to my Tini 105's. I really wish they made the Tini's in r flex because I love the feel and performance. I just have to work a little too hard to get the best performance from them. When my back feels great and my swing is in rhythm they are outstanding. But when my back is stiff and not swinging well I need a little more help from my shaft. 

... What did you order?

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 9/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, chisag said:

... Woohoo! You are very welcome. I can't wait to hear how they perform for you. I just put some Recoil Prototype 95 f3 shafts in 3 of my T100-S and will compare to my Tini 105's. I really wish they made the Tini's in r flex because I love the feel and performance. I just have to work a little too hard to get the best performance from them. When my back feels great and my swing is in rhythm they are outstanding. But when my back is stiff and not swinging well I need a little more help from my shaft. 

... What did you order?

I ordered the 4 - PW, Titleist T100 s irons with the Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC - Chrome Stiff Shafts. I really wanted the Recoil shafts, but the fitter advised that they were too light for me. Currently, I am playing the TaylorMade P790 irons with the Nippon NS Pro 950GH Stiff Shafts. The Nippon 880 shaft are a little lighter which should help. Like a kid at Christmas, can't wait to get these new clubs.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

33 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I ordered the 4 - PW, Titleist T100 s irons with the Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC - Chrome Stiff Shafts. I really wanted the Recoil shafts, but the fitter advised that they were too light for me. Currently, I am playing the TaylorMade P790 irons with the Nippon NS Pro 950GH Stiff Shafts. The Nippon 880 shaft are a little lighter which should help. Like a kid at Christmas, can't wait to get these new clubs.

... Sounds like an excellent combo. I am excited for you! 

Three rounds planned over the next 3 weeks.

Just hit a few PW out in the yard.  Comparing the T100•S, Rocketbladez and the 46° ZipCore....

I am pretty sure Titleist injected marshmallow into these things.  They have to be the softest, best feeling clubs I’ve hit to date.  Including the Mizuno MMc that I really liked.  Just soft, and I am pretty sure the Scripted letters just won me back for good if they keep making literal butter clubs. Paired with the ProV1... 

0592A5E8-FF90-4407-9438-622184E0CB6C.gif

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Three rounds planned over the next 3 weeks.

Just hit a few PW out in the yard.  Comparing the T100•S, Rocketbladez and the 46° ZipCore....

I am pretty sure Titleist injected marshmallow into these things.  They have to be the softest, best feeling clubs I’ve hit to date.  Including the Mizuno MMc that I really liked.  Just soft, and I am pretty sure the Scripted letters just won me back for good if they keep making literal butter clubs. Paired with the ProV1... 

0592A5E8-FF90-4407-9438-622184E0CB6C.gif

Agreed i hit a Couple 8 irons snd PW today, and was like, an iron isnt supposedly to feel like that when i hit it.  Ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

58 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Agreed i hit a Couple 8 irons and PW today, and was like, an iron isnt supposedly to feel like that when i hit it.  Ha

Well, it's 7:45pm and I have not seen FedEx! Their system shows that delivery was to be by the end of the day, I guess they have 4 hrs and 15 min. LOL

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Agreed i hit a Couple 8 irons snd PW today, and was like, an iron isnt supposedly to feel like that when i hit it.  Ha

I’ve hit the last two AP2 models, and didn’t care for either one of them.  The T100•S just seems to be that Ferrari for me.  Being a little OCD about my golf bag... they need some Titleist brothers in the bag with them.   Hopefully snag a fitting in 3 weeks for the current model TS driver, and build one while they still have them in stock.  I’d really like to add another hybrid too.  I think the only safe club other than the irons is the trusty Putter...

Well... like [mention=291]chisag[/mention] I like the idea of the TM 770’s... until today.  I hit the 7iron today and it does not compare t the T100•S... feels like a goo filled hollow.. oh.

performance is there but I’ll stick with the T100S. 

That’s a surprise....

Rick

Left Hand, 

That’s a surprise....

For some reason I thought you would be happier with the 770.
I guess the Titleist’s are not overrated.

Rick

Left Hand, 

45 minutes ago, Rickp said:

For some reason I thought you would be happier with the 770.
I guess the Titleist’s are not overrated.

Me too Rick.  I wanted to like the 770’s because I can get a pretty good discount on them... but it isn’t worth it to me.  Hit about 20 shots.  All of them did well, but nothing I am not getting with the T100•S, and the feel just wasn’t spectacular.  Hard to explain the sound they made.

Shot of the day was a 220ish yard 4 iron that I thought was going out into the parking lot on 18.  Had a downwind... Arcoss told me to hit the 2 hybrid... I would have taken out a really nice black corvette with that club selection.  The 4 iron landed pin high in the bunker, got up and down for the Bird.

I did hit a really nice 3 iron stinger too just messing around. With roll I was at 242, my real tee shot was a skied 3 wood 🤦🏼‍♂️

On 10/5/2020 at 7:45 PM, GaDawg said:

Well, it's 7:45pm and I have not seen FedEx! Their system shows that delivery was to be by the end of the day, I guess they have 4 hrs and 15 min. LOL

Fed Ex showed up late Tuesday afternoon. I was able to get 9 holes in Friday afternoon and Saturday. Man, I love the feel of these Titleist T100 -S irons. Only been able to play these two 9 hole rounds due to the rain and thunderstorms, but looking forward to getting them out on the course. Compared to my Taylor Made P-790 irons, the feel is better, distance about the same. Both are excellent irons!

On 10/11/2020 at 11:01 AM, GaDawg said:

Fed Ex showed up late Tuesday afternoon. I was able to get 9 holes in Friday afternoon and Saturday. Man, I love the feel of these Titleist T100 -S irons. Only been able to play these two 9 hole rounds due to the rain and thunderstorms, but looking forward to getting them out on the course. Compared to my Taylor Made P-790 irons, the feel is better, distance about the same. Both are excellent irons!

... I think I may have solved my gapping issues. Adding a 4th wedge from my T100-S set meant the top end of my bag needed changes. Here is my set up:

Putter
Wedges: 58-52-48-44
Irons: 9-8-7-6-5-4
19* Hybrid
17* DI
15.5 Fairway wood
10.5 Driver

... That is 15 clubs so I had to drop the 4 iron, Hybrid or the DI depending on the course and the wind. Bummer because I really like all those clubs. That said, the addition of a Callaway Super Hybrid meant I could drop my fairway wood and it can take the place of my Hybrid out of light rough. I am picking up a 19* DHy that will replace my DI off the tee as well as my Hybrid from the fairway. If it works out as well as I think it will, my gapping issues will be solved. I also installed Steelfiber 95 R Flex shafts that really play between R and S in my T100-S and so far I have really liked the results. They do not have that dense/muted feel of the Kuro Kage Tini 105 S Flex shafts but the flight and spin are a little better for me and performance is excellent. 

... How are your T100-S working out so far? 

... I think I may have solved my gapping issues. Adding a 4th wedge from my T100-S set meant the top end of my bag needed changes. Here is my set up:

Putter
19* Hybrid
17* DI
15.5 Fairway wood
10.5 Driver

... That is 15 clubs so I had to drop the 4 iron, Hybrid or the DI depending on the course and the wind. Bummer because I really like all those clubs. That said, the addition of a Callaway Super Hybrid meant I could drop my fairway wood and it can take the place of my Hybrid out of light rough. I am picking up a 19* DHy that will replace my DI off the tee as well as my Hybrid from the fairway. If it works out as well as I think it will, my gapping issues will be solved. I also installed Steelfiber 95 R Flex shafts that really play between R and S in my T100-S and so far I have really liked the results. They do not have that dense/muted feel of the Kuro Kage Tini 105 S Flex shafts but the flight and spin are a little better for me and performance is excellent. 

Two years ago I was gaming the AP2s. Switched to Mizuno JPX919 tours bc nothing feels like a mizuno. Two months ago I switched to the T100s and can’t believe how much better these feel and I went up a club and a half in distance compared to the mizunos. I think these are some of the most underrated irons out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

Putter
19* Hybrid
17* DI
15.5 Fairway wood
10.5 Driver

That DHY is a weapon!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

15 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

That DHY is a weapon!

... 👍 I have had quite a few clubs in this category and all have had strengths and weaknesses but I have high hopes for the DHy as it certainly seems to check every box for me. I hit it very consistently at my club fitting and my fitter said no use even hitting anything else because everything looks great and if you like the look/feel, you are not gonna find anything better. I do have to give some credit to the Super Hybrid with a 41.5" shaft, is insanely long and I find a true cross between a fairway wood and a hybrid. 

• 2 weeks later...

very interested in the T200. I have been burning through some irons this year trying to find the perfect fit.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

29 minutes ago, gregh729 said:

very interested in the T200. I have been burning through some irons this year trying to find the perfect fit.

Welcome to my world!

well, who am I kidding I’d probably burn through them even when I found the perfect one🤣

Kinda late to the party......was happily playing Srixon combos Z585/Z785 but the feel of the undercut cavity in the z585 left doubt about long-term use......

Demo'd the new P770 with strong consideration given but my thought turned to pxg under the heroes program.....basically same price ,maybe better feel than 770....

Well that was short-lived as the pxg just didn't have turf interaction nor proper shaft for my game . Added to this was the fact of pxg being. 370 parallel hosel ; making shaft change a pain

The other iron set consider was the T200......never a fan of the AP3 due to feel , this club surprised me......at first ,it appeared large in size but more of the actual shape which has a lower toe section than most irons.

Found a set on ebay for 600 less than in store pricing.  Reputable seller but still leery......amt black r300 T200 4-gw std L/L/L

Took to range and first thing I NEEDED to see was launch of 4/5 irons......never been a hybrid guy but I don't have the speed required for good long iron play....A CONUNDRUM!  Lol

As expected,  low,low and low......ugh.....no worries ! These are taper tipped hosels and shaft exchange will be a breeze.....discuss with club guy and he happen to have red amt r300 4-PW.......

We start with 4/5 iron and right away a noticeable flight change for the good......fast forward where 6/7 get red amt also.......almost forgot,  these get 1/2" over in length to boot.....

Then the final piece is adding 1/2" to the remaining set(8-Gw)  with current amt black 

I did note that the 6i felt clumsy and swingweight came in at D4.....8i D2.....so we'll pull grips and backweight the longer irons 

Then finally get on course Tuesday with detailed report to follow.....

1 hour ago, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Kinda late to the party......was happily playing Srixon combos Z585/Z785 but the feel of the undercut cavity in the z585 left doubt about long-term use......

Demo'd the new P770 with strong consideration given but my thought turned to pxg under the heroes program.....basically same price ,maybe better feel than 770....

Well that was short-lived as the pxg just didn't have turf interaction nor proper shaft for my game . Added to this was the fact of pxg being. 370 parallel hosel ; making shaft change a pain

The other iron set consider was the T200......never a fan of the AP3 due to feel , this club surprised me......at first ,it appeared large in size but more of the actual shape which has a lower toe section than most irons.

Found a set on ebay for 600 less than in store pricing.  Reputable seller but still leery......amt black r300 T200 4-gw std L/L/L

Took to range and first thing I NEEDED to see was launch of 4/5 irons......never been a hybrid guy but I don't have the speed required for good long iron play....A CONUNDRUM!  Lol

As expected,  low,low and low......ugh.....no worries ! These are taper tipped hosels and shaft exchange will be a breeze.....discuss with club guy and he happen to have red amt r300 4-PW.......

We start with 4/5 iron and right away a noticeable flight change for the good......fast forward where 6/7 get red amt also.......almost forgot,  these get 1/2" over in length to boot.....

Then the final piece is adding 1/2" to the remaining set(8-Gw)  with current amt black 

I did note that the 6i felt clumsy and swingweight came in at D4.....8i D2.....so we'll pull grips and backweight the longer irons 

Then finally get on course Tuesday with detailed report to follow.....

I

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 10/30/2020 at 6:48 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

well, who am I kidding I’d probably burn through them even when I found the perfect one

There, I fixed it for you!  😜

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 10/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, Shankster said:

Working on a write up for the T100S.  But I can summarize them as... speechless.

I only have T100s in the 4-6 irons but I'm in total agreement with you. Granted my setup is a bit different and unique but they are the best all around long irons I have ever had.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Very, very short prose today.

Wifey and I played an executive course today.....cheap fees and the course reflected itimage.gif.c96dd3a6136d81ae6344250d4efb4ff6.gif

But my mind was strictly on T200s now that setup has been completed......refresh: got T200 4-gw with amt black r300......switched long irons (4-7) into amt red r300 also extending them 1/2" ; also extended short irons the same.....swingweight D2-ish throughout......I tried a pxg combo for a round quickly realizing that they weren't for me due to turf interaction primarily.

So even with the shorter course , I could still see possibilities and drawbacks to T200s.....

CONS: ******CRICKETS *******

Pros: solid feel through the bag
Great looking in the bag
Pleasant looking at address
Turf interaction isn't a concern AT ALL

The round was played under adverse conditions; winds steady at 20mph gusting upwards to 30mph......not the easiest atmosphere to try this new higher launching set!

1st hole: 140yd par 3 downwind......no warmup, unsure what to use....pull 9i and hitting a different ball to boot.....high and straight at 10ft making the putt

20201103_104737.jpg

2nd hole is a par 5 that was into and across.....had 7i from thick st.augustine rough from 140......didn't come out well but got to greenside......

3rd hole: 140yd par 3 smack into a 2-3 club wind.....again learning yardages and I hit solid 7i that ended up 20ft short

4th hole was 130 yd par 3 and hit 7i into a 2-3 club wind

5th hole was another par 5 but down and across.
Hit a nice drive but pulled 4i to the right.....not well struck but serviceable. Didn't get up n down

6th hole .....120yd into and across.
Hit prov1x into front bunker, pulled a Srixon XV out for giggles and got it about 25ft past the hole....

So now , I'm curious to see these two balls go head to head.

7th hole was 138 but downwind and now I'm thinking full bore pw.....just creeps on the front with prov1x but I missed the XV due to very poor setup

8th hole is a 155 yd par 3 across and a smidge down.....XV up first and with an 8i it flies high and true ....next up the prov1x is on the same line.....drive up to find V1x at 12ft and the XV long!

9th hole was a 400yd par 4 swirling winds.....mostly across but evidently back into .......hit 2 decent drives but XV was 8 yds further.....moved both balls to that location having 138 and hurting.....tried to flight a 7i and couldn't see where the XV ended up .with v1x I took a normal swing and saw it get just passed the pin.....drove up to find XV pin high 20ft

10th hole is the last of the par 5s......470 on card but don't think it's really that long.....hitting both again, I pulled the v1x and striped the XV ....had 165 to the pin as the crow flies ....the hole is a dogleg right with trees guarding the right. No hesitation on my part and I pull a 7i med high launch and the XV ends up 30ft past hole for an eagle look.

The rest of the round went more or less with some good swings and some mediocre swings.....tried pressing a few irons into the wind but I'm certainly seeing that this new high launch strategy has its drawbacks......I still prefer the option to a have better decent angle and just overall a much better flight I feel.

Playing again tomorrow on a my home track and ill really have a better idea of gains but I'm fully on board with team T200!

... After a quick 10 day temps in the 70's surprise, I got in 9 more rounds with my T100-S irons. This is about the time I am looking at the New Years iron releases and planning on which irons I would like to play and review in 2021. The Taylor Made P770's are still on my radar and I hope to have a set of King Tour MIM irons to review soon.

... That said, I have never been so reluctant to make a change with my irons. After figuring out the gapping, how far I can expect to hit each iron, confidence in trajectory control and just a comfort with feel and performance, I just don't really want to try anything else. The T100-S look just about perfect at address, they feel amazing and provide the performance I need/want from an iron. With the combination of Steelfiber 95's in r-flex and the T100-S heads, I am not sure I have ever been as comfortable and confident as I am with this combo. These last 9 rounds were played in 20-35 mph winds so control has been paramount and really solidified how much I like playing these irons. By nature of reviewing clubs for 25 years I am always looking ahead but for now, I am reluctant to change and that rules out the P770's for the time being. I have played every version of the Cobra Amp Forged/Fly Z+/Tour Forged so playing and reviewing the Cobra Tour MIM irons with Recoil Prototypes for an ideal comparison is just a logical progression to an iron I am very familiar with and not an entirely new iron like the hollow headed, foam filled P770's would be. 

... So unless something changes, I will be taking my T100-S Steelfiber irons to Phoenix for the winter and other than a set of Tour MIM irons, I hope to avoid playing and reviewing any other irons. This is a new concept for me and of course subject to change if something new and shiny catches my eye. 🤪

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:29 PM, chisag said:

... After a quick 10 day temps in the 70's surprise, I got in 9 more rounds with my T100-S irons. This is about the time I am looking at the New Years iron releases and planning on which irons I would like to play and review in 2021. The Taylor Made P770's are still on my radar and I hope to have a set of King Tour MIM irons to review soon.

... That said, I have never been so reluctant to make a change with my irons. After figuring out the gapping, how far I can expect to hit each iron, confidence in trajectory control and just a comfort with feel and performance, I just don't really want to try anything else. The T100-S look just about perfect at address, they feel amazing and provide the performance I need/want from an iron. With the combination of Steelfiber 95's in r-flex and the T100-S heads, I am not sure I have ever been as comfortable and confident as I am with this combo. These last 9 rounds were played in 20-35 mph winds so control has been paramount and really solidified how much I like playing these irons. By nature of reviewing clubs for 25 years I am always looking ahead but for now, I am reluctant to change and that rules out the P770's for the time being. I have played every version of the Cobra Amp Forged/Fly Z+/Tour Forged so playing and reviewing the Cobra Tour MIM irons with Recoil Prototypes for an ideal comparison is just a logical progression to an iron I am very familiar with and not an entirely new iron like the hollow headed, foam filled P770's would be. 

... So unless something changes, I will be taking my T100-S Steelfiber irons to Phoenix for the winter and other than a set of Tour MIM irons, I hope to avoid playing and reviewing any other irons. This is a new concept for me and of course subject to change if something new and shiny catches my eye. 🤪

Great stuff Chisag!  That says a lot about your comfort and results with these. 

I really like the T100s part of my combo 8-P.  I’m very confident when I get a distance for one of those.  Of course that is only 130 and in ...LOL.  But at least thats something. 

I saw the KING Tour MIM last week.  They looked really good, and not as imposing as I thought from the top and sole.   I suspect you will do very well with them.