2020 Official Member Review: Titleist T100S/T200 irons

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

So obviously just like the G710 iron testing we are in a slight holding pattern while things are sorted out due to the virus.

As an attempt to keep some conversation going, is there anything anybody would like to see for this review? Any questions you would like asked during the fitting process?

I will be doing the irons only round at least once for this review but would love to hear any ideas you guys may have or would like to see.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Since your testing T200, If possible I would love to see how well (or poorly) the long irons blend with a more traditional players head

• Like 4

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stage 2 is now posted below after Stage 1 Stage 1 … Well, well, well I received my irons a week after THEZIPR23, blackngold_blood and DavePO43, yet am the first to Stage 1. What a bunch of s

From time to time, MyGolfSpy does brand-association surveys. Titleist is among the brands that fare best in these surveys: they have a reputation of no-nonsense quality and performance. Here's my

Stage 2 Posted Below           Thank you to Titleist, MGS, and the Moderators for allowing me the opportunity to review the T100-S irons.   My name is Ry

Posted Images

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well let’s see if this works for you. If @Berg Ryman (I believe he is the only ping tester in fantasy football) is willing, I would change the bet to a swap of 1st round picks or a 7th rounder for a 14th. Winners choice. 

Welp, since you called me out twice... I accept

• Like 5

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

Welp, since you called me out twice... I accept
It wasn't exactly my intention to call you or the others out but looking back it may have come off that way. If nothing else this should be fun!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

6 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’d be curious how well they come gapped from the factory. Any idea yet of fitting?, or will you just send in your specs?

... As BnG said, we are supposed to have a fitting with Titleist and that is always best because spin and launch can be different with different irons. I have been fit several times and I know my specs so just ordering from Titleist without a fitting will work for me... if it comes to that. When I do reviews I like to keep specs as close to stock as possible unless it is necessary to change them, and in the case of the T100S I will not need to do anything other than bend them 2* upright. Even though we can't play for awhile here in Illinois, I have been hitting balls in the sunshine and unseasonably warm weather and I have honestly not seen a better looking iron in the address position so I am really looking forward to playing these T100S irons and writing my review. 

• Like 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made RBZ Tour 21.5* ... Altus 85S
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Congrats to the testers, enjoy yourselves with the new toys!!!

Question for anyone who has compared the two... How do the T200’s compare with the Apex 19 irons as far as club head size, distance and forgiveness?

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 2

Driver     :ping-small: G425 SFT 10.5* Alta

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage

Hybrids  :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 & 4

Irons       :callaway-small: Mavrik 5-AW Catalyst

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58M

Putter    :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5”

Bag        :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... As B&G said, we are supposed to have a fitting with Titleist and that is always best because spin and launch can be different with different irons. I have been fit several times and I know my specs so just ordering from Titleist without a fitting will work for me... if it comes to that. When I do reviews I like to keep specs as close to stock as possible unless it is necessary to change them, and in the case of the T100S I will not need to do anything other than bend them 2* upright. Even though we can't play for awhile here in Illinois, I have been hitting balls in the sunshine and unseasonably warm weather and I have honestly not seen a better looking iron in the address position so I am really looking forward to playing these T100S irons and writing my review. 

I will be very interested in your feedback. My specs sound close to yours as I play my Taylor Made P790 irons at standard length, 2* upright. Do you know what shafts the T100S irons will have in them?

Hopefully, you will be back on the course soon!

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  4 - 6 T200,Titleist 7 - PW T100S, Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

On 4/5/2020 at 5:40 PM, GaDawg said:

I will be very interested in your feedback. My specs sound close to yours as I play my Taylor Made P790 irons at standard length, 2* upright. Do you know what shafts the T100S irons will have in them?

Hopefully, you will be back on the course soon!

... I play Recoil Prototype 95's and Steelfiber i95's so looking for something similar. Turns out Kuro Kage Tini 105's have an almost identical profile and are offed as a no uncharge upgrade. I have not played steel in my irons in about 20 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

It wasn't exactly my intention to call you or the others out but looking back it may have come off that way. If nothing else this should be fun!

No, now we're blood rivals in fantasy and irons. That's the rules of the street BnG.

• Like 5

🤮⛳   Flo-C

No, now we're blood rivals in fantasy and irons. That's the rules of the street BnG.
Didn't realize we were taking it to the street. Game on!tenor%20(4).gif

• Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

7 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

... More like laser tag in a corn field!!! 🤣

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Oh... CABLLLLLLE GUUUUY

Seriously though, looking forward to the fun. We'll discuss terms in a while, once we get fitted up with our new battle weapons.

• Like 4

🤮⛳   Flo-C

Congrats everyone!!! Wow I would have loved to be part of this.  I applied, then removed my app...nothing open for hundreds of miles.  😞

I rented AP3 irons one of my last rounds out, in Hawaii.  Full bag of Titleist.  I felt like a damn pro and shot like a Joe 😉

Anyway, the AP3 were awesome.  Just a pinch less feel than what I have, but wow laser shots when struck right.  I would have loved to review the newer version T200.  🙂

:titelist-small::titelist-small::titelist-small::titelist-small::titelist-small: 😍

• Like 6

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:              Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020: Tested :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021: Testing :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Awesome group chosen!  Good luck guys, and for the sake of us all--have fun!!!

• Like 5

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

What an awesome group for an awesome test, I'm sure you guys will knock it out of the park!! 😁😎

• Like 4

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Cant wait to read these. Stay safe all! 

• Like 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

On 4/5/2020 at 6:47 PM, chisag said:

... I am hoping to have Recoil Prototype 95's installed as they should match up well with my P760's. If not available, I will go with Steelfiber i95's. I have not played steel in my irons in about 20 years.

I'll be interested to see what level of customization will be available for us, and whether any "upcharge" shafts will be included in the selection.  In just a quick look at the Titleist site, there seem to be plenty of "no-charge" shaft options available.  I'm just hoping that the fittings become available sometime this summer.  This is a little like being told we have a GREAT Christmas present this year, but that Christmas has been postponed to some unknown date in the future.

• Like 6

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Of the testers what shafts do you think you will be going with?

Not sure on the process if you get fitted or just choose.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Hey congrats guys - sorry I'm just catching this - tremendous group of testers!!!

• Like 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

On 4/5/2020 at 12:34 PM, Sluggo42 said:

I’d be curious how well they come gapped from the factory. Any idea yet of fitting?, or will you just send in your specs?

I'll chime in here on  the Fittings.  As you can imagine it's a slower than normal process due to the current pandemic.   But Titleist is still  open and functioning in a lot of areas, so they are working through it.  The goal is go get each tester fit by the local field rep, or a top fitter in the area.   Titleist Thursday Fittings  had been the original plan and would have been great, but that schedule is not certain now due to so many closures.   

As to the PING guys, we have informed them that PING is completely shut down through the end of April, so nothing will be happening on the fitting front there at least until  sometime in May.    So the testers in both groups have been asked to exhibit and unusual amount of patience, and everyone has been awesome inn doing so. 

In the meantime, feel free to keep the conversations going!  

• Like 8

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'll be interested to see what level of customization will be available for us, and whether any "upcharge" shafts will be included in the selection.  In just a quick look at the Titleist site, there seem to be plenty of "no-charge" shaft options available.  I'm just hoping that the fittings become available sometime this summer.  This is a little like being told we have a GREAT Christmas present this year, but that Christmas has been postponed to some unknown date in the future.

Well,, at least Christmas hasn't been cancelled, just delayed a bit!  As soon as we get a better idea of the who and how the fittings will be done, we should have a definite answer for you on shaft selection.  I'll let you guys know of any details on that as soon as I know. 

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• STUDque unpinned this topic