GolfSpy MPR

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist T100S/T200 irons

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Of the testers what shafts do you think you will be going with?

Not sure on the process if you get fitted or just choose.

This is the question of the day. With everything going on it is a holding pattern obviously. My guess is we will be fitted at some point and not just chose but it is all up in the air now. 

Titleist has a ton of options but a lot are also upcharges, really unsure how that will play out. 

• Like 5

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:taylormade-small:             M5 15* (Ventus Black 7x) 43"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-AW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

55 minutes ago, chisag said:

... This is my first MGS review, but I have never been involved in a review where the OEM did not allow you to chose your shaft either through a fitting or a previous fitting . The last thing they want is someone like me playing P760's with Steelfiber shafts and loving the performance, then playing irons with a shaft that does not match up as well so the review is less accurate concerning the club than it could be. For instance: "The X irons did not feel as good as my X irons and while performance was very good, it was not equal to my X irons that produced a better trajectory and more distance club for club" all just because of a shaft would be counter productive. 

... That said, I did notice the Recoil Prototypes are an exotic upgrade while Steelfiber's are not. I want my review to be indicative of what any reader can order so I will order my 100-S with Steelfiber shafts. Exactly what I would do if I were buying them. 

Steelfibers aren't a no upcharge option. Only graphite shafts that are no upcharge are recoil 65 and a bunch of Mitsubishi options

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

On 4/7/2020 at 11:41 AM, jlukes said:

Steelfibers aren't a no upcharge option. Only graphite shafts that are no upcharge are recoil 65 and a bunch of Mitsubishi options

...  Edit: As you said, they offer the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Tini 105's at no uncharge. 

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

Of the testers what shafts do you think you will be going with?
Not sure on the process if you get fitted or just choose.

Being a club ho to could probably fit myself and be fairly close even with never being properly fit before. I tend to gravitate towards lighter weight Steel shafts. That being said if we are able to do the fitting, I will go with whatever the fitter recommends.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

... The last thing they want is someone like me playing P760's with Steelfiber shafts and loving the performance, then playing irons with a shaft that does not match up as well so the review is less accurate concerning the club than it could be. For instance: "The X irons did not feel as good as my X irons and while performance was very good, it was not equal to my X irons that produced a better trajectory and more distance club for club" all just because of a shaft would be counter productive. 

This was kinda my thought as well. If we end up doing the fittings, it would only make sense to go with whatever the fitter recommends. That would allow me to give a full review of the clubs setup by them for the best performance for me. Even if it isn’t exactly apples to apples in my situation with current unfitted clubs, I would still be reviewing the best setup for me.

• Like 4

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

This was kinda my thought as well. If we end up doing the fittings, it would only make sense to go with whatever the fitter recommends. That would allow me to give a full review of the clubs setup by them for the best performance for me. Even if it isn’t exactly apples to apples in my situation with current unfitted clubs, I would still be reviewing the best setup for me.

... Exactly. The comparison you will be able to make is this new set that was fitted, compared to your current set that was not. Hopefully the difference is dramatic or at least obvious. 

• Like 8

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

This is my approach as well, I'm going to trust the fitter.  And for @Golfspy_CG2, I hope my previous post didn't come off as a complaint.  I know both the staff here and at Titleist will do whatever is reasonably possible, this delay we're going to have is a really minor thing considering the state of the entire world right now.

• Like 3

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

31 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

This is my approach as well, I'm going to trust the fitter.  And for @Golfspy_CG2, I hope my previous post didn't come off as a complaint.  I know both the staff here and at Titleist will do whatever is reasonably possible, this delay we're going to have is a really minor thing considering the state of the entire world right now.

Dave, Not at all!  i thought the Christmas analogy was perfect!   We can all use a bit of humor and  levity these days, it was perfect! 

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

31 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Dave, Not at all!  i thought the Christmas analogy was perfect!   We can all use a bit of humor and  levity these days, it was perfect! 

This and the PING G710 review are an awesome start to what has otherwise been.... wait for it...

Spoiler

...a real pisser of a late winter and early spring 😏.

Congratulations to the great group of testers and a shout out to MGS and the OEM's for helping us stay positive 👍

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

5 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Being a club ho to could probably fit myself and be fairly close even with never being properly fit before. I tend to gravitate towards lighter weight Steel shafts. That being said if we are able to do the fitting, I will go with whatever the fitter recommends.

Yea I’m curious with all this how it will pan out....obviously titleist wants a full fit to get a good review 

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'll chime in here on  the Fittings.  As you can imagine it's a slower than normal process due to the current pandemic.   But Titleist is still  open and functioning in a lot of areas, so they are working through it.  The goal is go get each tester fit by the local field rep, or a top fitter in the area.   Titleist Thursday Fittings  had been the original plan and would have been great, but that schedule is not certain now due to so many closures.   

As to the PING guys, we have informed them that PING is completely shut down through the end of April, so nothing will be happening on the fitting front there at least until  sometime in May.    So the testers in both groups have been asked to exhibit and unusual amount of patience, and everyone has been awesome inn doing so. 

In the meantime, feel free to keep the conversations going!  

Just curious, where is Titleist open?  I ordered some custom irons weeks ago and was told all production was stopped for custom orders of any kind. Thanks!  

• Sad 2

:titelist-small:TS3 9.5 Graphite Design  Tour AD IZ-6

:titelist-small: TS3 15 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6

:titelist-small: TS3 21 degree hybrid set to 20 degree Graphite Design Tour AD

:titelist-small: U500 4 iron Project X 6.0

:taylormade-small: P760 5-P Project X 6.0

:vokey-small: SM 7 52, 56, 60 degree

:cameron-small: Select Newport 2 35 inches

:titelist-small: ProV1X Left Dash 

I didn’t get an exact breakdown of what and where is open.   Just that some areas are still working on a smaller scale.  And they didn't anticipate a big delay in the clubs.  But the fittings might be a challenge. 

I didn’t get an exact breakdown of what and where is open.   Just that some areas are still working on a smaller scale.  And they didn't anticipate a big delay in the clubs.  But the fittings might be a challenge. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to the reviews.

I have just gone through a fitting 3 weeks ago and placed an order for T200s from 6-PW and a 5 hybrid. The irons are going to more or less match the lofts/shafts of my Miuras so PW will be 45deg instead of 43deg.

Hope that once Singapore comes out of the lockdown, the clubs will be here for me.

• Like 2

Irons: Miura PP9003 KBS Tour 90 R 5-P

Wedges: Miura New Wedge Series 51 Deg, Cobra Tour Trusty 56 Deg

Driver: Bridgestone JGR 10.5 with Tour AD J16-11W Reg stock JDM

3 Wood: Bridgestone JGR 3W with Tour AD J16-11W Stiff Reg stock JDM

Hybrid: Bridgestone JGR 4H with Tour AD J16-11W Reg stock JDM

Putter: Ping Sigma G Kinloch C 

Right handed, lives in Singapore

Playing in the mid 90s and trying my best to break 90 consistently.

Congrats - looking forward to reading these reviews!

• Like 2

So most of us have got our orders in, unfortunately without a fitting. However we all have a good understanding of what our specs would be so feel confident in what we ordered. Hopefully we will see the irons in 2-3 weeks but we all understand that may be a pipe dream and will continue to adapt as things change.

Below is what I ordered. I haven't hit the Project X shaft in 15+ years but I played it for at least 5 years in a few different sets. It should be a good fit. 

T100-S

3-P

+1/2"

STD loft

-1* lie

MCC Align 

What I am looking for out of this test is an iron that fits in between the org P790, which I played for a year and a half, and my current gamers, Srixon z785. The P790's are a great set, the forgiveness is incredible. What I struggled with was controlling trajectory and distance, seemed like no matter what I did they just flew the same distance the same way. I am able to control the Srixons much better, however the forgiveness is not the same. My hope is that these fit right in between the 2 sets. More control and more forgiveness (who doesn't wish for that I know).

For those of you that don't know anything about me or my game take a look at the review I conducted last year below. If I get results anywhere close to this I will be walking in the clouds.

Knowing that we are waiting to get our hands on the clubs, what questions do the members have? Any specific test requests? Any hopes for what type of results we will see? Anybody currently gaming T-100 or T200 that can offer some insight as to how the perform? I guess it is possible for someone to have T100S as well.

So let's hear what you have to say...

• Like 7

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 9.5* (Ventus Black 6X) 45"

:callaway-small:                      Epic Flash Sub Zero 18* (Tensei AV Blue 70 X)

Here are the specs of my order.

T200
4-W Standard Loft
Project X LZ 5.5
-1/2”
1* upright
Black/Black GP NDMC No Wrap
All logos up

I have actually been so board sitting at home the last 2 weekends that I have almost went full fanboy. I ordered a new 56* SM7 to go with the irons and then thought to myself why stop there. I already have a flow neck Scotty X5 that will hopefully be refinished this week so I’m in the process of finding a TS2 driver and a Titleist 3 wood of some sort to round out the bag. It won’t be a completely Titleist bag though, the Srixon F85 5 wood will be buried with me! Lol

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Here are the specs of my order.

T200
4-W Standard Loft
Project X LZ 5.5
-1/2”
1* upright
Black/Black GP NDMC No Wrap
All logos up

I have actually been so board sitting at home the last 2 weekends that I have almost went full fanboy. I ordered a new 56* SM7 to go with the irons and then thought to myself why stop there. I already have a flow neck Scotty X5 that will hopefully be refinished this week so I’m in the process of finding a TS2 driver and a Titleist 3 wood of some sort to round out the bag. It won’t be a completely Titleist bag though, the Srixon F85 5 wood will be buried with me! Lol

Chicken or egg dilemma,

I didn’t order the W knowing that I could fill that gap with a SM8 50* to match the 2 SM8’s I just got.

Will be ordering soon...

• Like 3