GolfSpy MPR

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist T100S/T200 irons

Our Sponsors

So most of us have got our orders in, unfortunately without a fitting. However we all have a good understanding of what our specs would be so feel confident in what we ordered. Hopefully we will see the irons in 2-3 weeks but we all understand that may be a pipe dream and will continue to adapt as things change.
Below is what I ordered. I haven't hit the Project X shaft in 15+ years but I played it for at least 5 years in a few different sets. It should be a good fit. 
T100-S
3-P
+1/2"
STD loft
-1* lie
MCC Align 
What I am looking for out of this test is an iron that fits in between the org P790, which I played for a year and a half, and my current gamers, Srixon z785. The P790's are a great set, the forgiveness is incredible. What I struggled with was controlling trajectory and distance, seemed like no matter what I did they just flew the same distance the same way. I am able to control the Srixons much better, however the forgiveness is not the same. My hope is that these fit right in between the 2 sets. More control and more forgiveness (who doesn't wish for that I know).
For those of you that don't know anything about me or my game take a look at the review I conducted last year below. If I get results anywhere close to this I will be walking in the clouds.

Knowing that we are waiting to get our hands on the clubs, what questions do the members have? Any specific test requests? Any hopes for what type of results we will see? Anybody currently gaming T-100 or T200 that can offer some insight as to how the perform? I guess it is possible for someone to have T100S as well.

So let's hear what you have to say...

I know your review will answer some questions I don’t even know I have yet. So I am looking forward to that!

Other than that if you could just find a way for me to cope with the severe amount of jealousy?? That’d be great!

Happy to hear you guys were already able to get some stuff figured out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Chicken or egg dilemma,
I didn’t order the W knowing that I could fill that gap with a SM8 50* to match the 2 SM8’s I just got.

Will be ordering soon...

Yeah I kicked the idea back and forth in my head but ultimately with it being 48* I figured it would be more of a full swing club to fill the 110 yard range. I have mulled over the thought of adding a 52* SM7 since I have a spot in the bag open but I tend to use my 56* for almost everything not full swing. I have always played this game with the idea that being well versed with one wedge can be more beneficial that having 3 or 4 specialty wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Yeah I kicked the idea back and forth in my head but ultimately with it being 48* I figured it would be more of a full swing club to fill the 110 yard range. I have mulled over the thought of adding a 52* SM7 since I have a spot in the bag open but I tend to use my 56* for almost everything not full swing. I have always played this game with the idea that being well versed with one wedge can be more beneficial that having 3 or 4 specialty wedges.

I currently have 714 AP2 which has the 50 degree gap wedge and I was using 54/58 in the wedges. I decided on of my hybrids was a bit redundant with the 5 wood too so I dropped that and picked up 52, 56, 60 in the SM7. It’s a little tight on the loft, but I’m viewing the 52 as the start of my specialty shots now. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all works out, but I think I’ll like having tighter gaps on the short end vs the long.

• Like 5

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

I currently have 714 AP2 which has the 50 degree gap wedge and I was using 54/58 in the wedges. I decided on of my hybrids was a bit redundant with the 5 wood too so I dropped that and picked up 52, 56, 60 in the SM7. It’s a little tight on the loft, but I’m viewing the 52 as the start of my specialty shots now. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all works out, but I think I’ll like having tighter gaps on the short end vs the long.

The 52 really is a nice club to use for half swings and greenside chips. It’s been my favorite for years.

• Like 3

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan Player's Combo 4-P KBS Tour
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

The 52 really is a nice club to use for half swings and greenside chips. It’s been my favorite for years.

It’s already become my go-to-chip-down-the-hall-when-the-wife-isn’t-home-club.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

#cuetheduckboats

13 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have always been a 4 wedge guy and with it being 48 I just felt more comfortable going with the 50 since that is what I have been playing and it matches my other 2 more closely.  It will be interesting to see  how the lofts match up with my game. I have always used my PW as my baseline for yardages, so the loft has stayed relatively constant even as they have gotten stronger. P790’s were bent weak to accomplish this. 

• Like 4

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

It’s already become my go-to-chip-down-the-hall-when-the-wife-isn’t-home-club.

Amazing. I’m sure she still knows it happens when she isn’t home

My new set put me at a 45 PW and a 49.5 GW. I’m still tempted to use my SM7 52 even though the gaps are wrong. There’s that look that I love and trust.
  • Like 4

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan Player's Combo 4-P KBS Tour
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

I have always been a 4 wedge guy and with it being 48 I just felt more comfortable going with the 50 since that is what I have been playing and it matches my other 2 more closely.  It will be interesting to see  how the lofts match up with my game. I have always used my PW as my baseline for yardages, so the loft has stayed relatively constant even as they have gotten stronger. P790’s were bent weak to accomplish this. 

I do have a generic 48* wedge that sits in my bag since I have the extra spot. I don’t normally use it unless I hit a few bad shots with the 56*. Then it is mainly just for a different feel and to get out of my own head. Usually a couple shots with the 48 and I forget about the bad ones with the 56.

• Like 3

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

16 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I do have a generic 48* wedge that sits in my bag since I have the extra spot. I don’t normally use it unless I hit a few bad shots with the 56*. Then it is mainly just for a different feel and to get out of my own head. Usually a couple shots with the 48 and I forget about the bad ones with the 56.

For purposes that will become clear once we do our stuff in the Ping thread, you only then will carry a 56* for now BnG?

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

For purposes that will become clear once we do our stuff in the Ping thread, you only then will carry a 56* for now BnG?

As of now I don’t plan on carrying anything else. That may change down the road but we can discuss that when the time comes.

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

As of now I don’t plan on carrying anything else. That may change down the road but we can discuss that when the time comes.

Fair. I like the look of that set though, seems solid!

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

19 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I know your review will answer some questions I don’t even know I have yet. So I am looking forward to that!

Other than that if you could just find a way for me to cope with the severe amount of jealousy?? That’d be great! emoji23.png

Happy to hear you guys were already able to get some stuff figured out!

I couldn't agree more...and there were so many members that wanted to be in on this one, that I'm sure we all have some jealousy getting the better of us right now.  Kind of like the same jealousy towards those that still have courses open in their neck of the woods...the itch to get back out there is killing me.

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

Unlike the rest of my fellow-reviewers, I haven't done a fitting for irons in a long time, I don't remember my data, so I've managed to arrange a fitting for this coming Friday.  I'll be seeing Tim at the 1757 Club in Dulles, VA.  They have a semi-enclosed hitting/fitting bay, so I'll be able to get both Trackman data and see the actual ball flight.  Unfortunately the regular Titleist fitter isn't available, he's staying home to avoid bring the virus home to his wife, but I'm confident that Tim will do a fine job.  Once that's done, I'll be waiting as patiently as possible for the next step.  At least in my neck of the woods we can play and practice, I sympathize with those of you in more restricted areas.

• Like 8

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Had a good time doing the fitting with Tim, a nice guy, and apparently very knowledgeable.  Apparently I'm a pretty standard guy, although we did decide on the AMT Red shaft, as opposed to the standard AMT Black.  If I can believe Trackman, I may gain 7 to 10 yards, but I think that's to be expected based on the lofts.  The interesting part is that my launch angle and descent angles are both pretty much unchanged.  Now comes the waiting.

• Like 5

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Congratulations guys.  I  play the 718 AP3’s with KBS Tour V shafts and really love them.  Eager to hear more about the T100s and T 200 from your reviews.

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge EX 10 - 16.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Titleist 818 H1 - 25

Titleist AP3 6-48

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BRX

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I found it difficult to get excited about the arrival of my Titleist T100-S irons because Illinois golf courses were closed with no open date planned. But the Governor announced he will open our golf courses May 1st. 🤗  So now the reality of my T100-S irons arriving has actually begun to sink in. I have a new and unhit set of P790's that I bought last fall and planned on taking to Phoenix for the winter. Between my herniated disc and Covid 19, I never made it. So now I have a new set of T100-S arriving sometime in the near future (we hope) and I am looking forward to putting them in play. Obviously Titleist is under the same kind of restrictions many of us are experiencing and keeping their employees safe is the most important thing so I understand this will take as long as it takes top put together my irons safely. Last season I played my 2017 P790's as my main set and rotated in my P760's, Srixon Z Forged and occasionally my Coba Forged Tours. Obviously haven been chosen to play and review the T100-S irons, I will not be rotating any irons, just play the T100-S irons only and write my review. 

... So those with courses already open can start getting ready for our reviews of the T100-S and T200's, along with those whose courses will be opening soon. And for those of you in the boat we have been in here in Illinois without an open date, I hope your courses open sooner rather than later. I am really looking forward to putting my T100-S irons into play, first just to get out and play golf again, and second to play the only irons I was interested in that have an honest shot to replace my P790's. Hang in there and keep watching this thread! 

I'm really excited to hear your thoughts on them.  Such a nice looking set I'll probably have my eyes on all summer.  Not that there's anything wrong with my Ap2s... but this year has had me doing a lot of window shopping.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

#cuetheduckboats

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I found it difficult to get excited about the arrival of my Titleist T100-S irons because Illinois golf courses were closed with no open date planned. But the Governor announced he will open our golf courses May 1st. 🤗  So now the reality of my T100-S irons arriving has actually begun to sink in. I have a new and unhit set of P790's that I bought last fall and planned on taking to Phoenix for the winter. Between my herniated disc and Covid 19, I never made it. So now I have a new set of T100-S arriving sometime in the near future (we hope) and I am looking forward to putting them in play. Obviously Titleist is under the same kind of restrictions many of us are experiencing and keeping their employees safe is the most important thing so I understand this will take as long as it takes top put together my irons safely. Last season I played my 2017 P790's as my main set and rotated in my P760's, Srixon Z Forged and occasionally my Coba Forged Tours. Obviously haven been chosen to play and review the T100-S irons, I will not be rotating any irons, just play the T100-S irons only and write my review. 

... So those with courses already open can start getting ready for our reviews of the T100-S and T200's, along with those whose courses will be opening soon. And for those of you in the boat we have been in here in Illinois without an open date, I hope your courses open sooner rather than later. I am really looking forward to putting my T100-S irons into play, first just to get out and play golf again, and second to play the only irons I was interested in that have an honest shot to replace my P790's. Hang in there and keep watching this thread! 

Congrats buddy! Hopefully courses are the first public thing to open in most states (and justifiably so)

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

... Restrictions in Illinois include:

Twosomes only

15 minutes between tee times

No carts, walking only. You can bring your own push cart, but not your own riding cart. 

• Like 4

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Atmos TS Blue 6s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18*  ... HZRDUS Black 6.0 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x