Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What's going to be the best/worst part of your game post-quarantine?

Coming out of Quarantine, what will be the....  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Best Part of Your Game?

• Driving
    • Approach
    • Short Game
    • Putting
    • Other (reply below)
  2. 2. Worst Part of Your Game?

• Driving
    • Approach
    • Short Game
    • Putting
    • Other (reply below)

We've all got lots of time on our hands now, so what will you be working on while cooped up inside? Some of us are about to become trick shot masters while others engage the 19th hole skills to the max. Will you take up another hobby to supplement? Drop a comment below to explain your reasoning.

Answering for myself, I voted "other" for the best part because I think my fitness is going to come out of this in pretty good shape. Was training for a triathlon prior to the shutdown and now that's my outdoors release so the intensity is turning up. For worst, I voted approach because for me, that's the hardest part anyway and no amount of hitting into a net will help. I need real practice shooting at real greens....which are all closed 🤒

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Decided I need to buy a farm. So, I’ve been researching all sorts of farming topics.

Learned how to give myself a haircut.

Chess set on order.

Following some Astronomy stuff. A bunch of cool events happening in April, might even get a cheap telescope.

Edit: oh, missed the entire topic. Best part of my game will be the 50 yarder.

Edit 2: my 4 iron flop game will be pretty strong too.

For best part definitely short game. Iron play/wedge play has always been the best part of my game and I can practice in the back yard (have about 200 yards of open space I can hit into). Worst part definitely driver. I have been working on a lot so I start hitting up on the ball but will not know if it has translated until I get on the course! First round will be interesting.

For other hobbies I have been working on a lot of gardening. Started seeds inside this year instead of buying from the store to plant. So far so good cant wait for fresh veggies started from seedling.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I think the worst part will be my usual worst part: touch shots around the green. The full swing still feels pretty good and I don’t play a ton of movement in my shots so a few balls on the range and I generally know which way I need to aim. But those touch shots take some time. New wedges with More bounce should help with that. So hopefully it won’t be long before the game is up and running in mid-season form.

The best part of my game will def be beating [mention]Lacassem [/mention] around the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

When they redo the greens with Carpet/Rugs, I will be on tour, so i am assuming putting will be the best.

Short game will be the worst.  Wife is not too keen on my practicing the flop shot indoors.

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

8 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I think the worst part will be my usual worst part: touch shots around the green. The full swing still feels pretty good and I don’t play a ton of movement in my shots so a few balls on the range and I generally know which way I need to aim. But those touch shots take some time. New wedges with More bounce should help with that. So hopefully it won’t be long before the game is up and running in mid-season form.

The best part of my game will def be beating [mention]Lacassem [/mention] around the course. emoji466.pngemoji2147.png

If we are ever able to play we shall see. We’ll have a good data set against each other this year #subs #nomore3hour9rounds

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

The best part of my game is definitely going to be the short game. I only have a limited amount of space in my back yard, so delicate shot practice is a go. 

I chose other for the worst part because it'll be everything else in my game that's a disaster. I really need to get a net to work on full shots, but for now I'm using foam balls. 

Which reminds me, I need to go through some boxes upstairs to see if I can find a putting mat that's been in storage for a while. 

22 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

The best part of my game is definitely going to be the short game. I only have a limited amount of space in my back yard, so delicate shot practice is a go. 

I chose other for the worst part because it'll be everything else in my game that's a disaster. I really need to get a net to work on full shots, but for now I'm using foam balls. 

Which reminds me, I need to go through some boxes upstairs to see if I can find a putting mat that's been in storage for a while. 

Get the putting in while you can!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

This will be the most I've ever practiced putting in my life. I bought a PuttOut mat and the trainer and have been rolling at least 100 putts a day from within 6 feet. I never ever do that in normal life and I probably give up at least 5 strokes a round by not finishing short putts. If my living room floor translates to the greens, I might come out of this whole thing a better golfer than I was before haha. Bummed to not be able to play golf right now, but kinda excited to see what this whole period does for my putting game when it's over! 

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero

Irons: Taylormade P770 4i - AW

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 at 55 and 60 degrees

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3Hy

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3W

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Arm Lock

Never felt better with my putting:

Definitely expecting the short game to be its usual mess. Ground is just starting to peek through the snow here, and at least for me, all the short game shots off the mat don't immediately translate to real turf.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I suspect the best part will be driver and the worst will be chipping.  When I worked and traveled for 2 weeks at a time, that was the case.  When I got home, I always seemed to swing looser for the first 9 holes, and there seemed to be a disconnect between my brain and my arms on chip shots.  That took a couple of rounds to sort out.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Learned how to give myself a haircut.

Lol. I was literally googling "how to cut your own hair" last night. It all looked way too difficult though so I decided I'm just going to go full Tom Hanks in Castaway until this is over. 

WITB:

6 minutes ago, longdrivenate said:

Lol. I was literally googling "how to cut your own hair" last night. It all looked way too difficult though so I decided I'm just going to go full Tom Hanks in Castaway until this is over. 

There with ya. I don't have a good head for a buzz all around. Gonna be screwed when it all falls out. Right now, I'm pretty close to having a permanent motorcycle helmet so I can only imagine what we're looking at when it gets even longer. 

Also letting the beard go despite the fact I can shave that any ole time. Feels like a waste to clean it up when the hair on top looks as crazy as it does. 

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Also letting the beard go despite the fact I can shave that any ole time. Feels like a waste to clean it up when the hair on top looks as crazy as it does. 

Completely on the same page. I ran out of shaving cream the other day and since I'm trying to limit how often I go to the store, that made the decision easy. Now I'm all in 

WITB:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There with ya. I don't have a good head for a buzz all around. Gonna be screwed when it all falls out. Right now, I'm pretty close to having a permanent motorcycle helmet so I can only imagine what we're looking at when it gets even longer. 

I have lucked out. Military has it drilled in my head for high and tight. Although the beard is full as always (few trims but have been lucky I haven’t taken a chunk out and had to start all over)image.gif.8fa2a3a939867a35c56577aaa97f54b2.gif

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Never felt better with my putting:

Definitely expecting the short game to be its usual mess. Ground is just starting to peek through the snow here, and at least for me, all the short game shots off the mat don't immediately translate to real turf.

That system works. Putting will be fun this year hope it translates to the course (have moved the mat all over the house so I don’t have the rom “roll”)

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I took a lesson for the first time ever about a month before COVID-19 hit and I was thrown all out of wack. I have never had any formal coaching and all my swing tips have either come from my dad or YouTube. Fortunately for me, I was still able to play in the single digits and manage a pretty good feel for the swing.

My best part of my game will be my approach shots mainly because I don't get in my own head as much with these shots. The most frustrating (and highest expectation I have for myself) is my chipping. I always felt that a good chip will save any hole and for someone who has never played a round under par, these are the little victories I need to keep my head in the game. I also didn't put putting down, even though I just spent 45 minutes practicing, because if the ball doesn't go in, I could've been better! lol

***I need that PuttOut trainer ASAP!!!***

8 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

I took a lesson for the first time ever about a month before COVID-19 hit and I was thrown all out of wack. I have never had any formal coaching and all my swing tips have either come from my dad or YouTube. Fortunately for me, I was still able to play in the single digits and manage a pretty good feel for the swing.

My best part of my game will be my approach shots mainly because I don't get in my own head as much with these shots. The most frustrating (and highest expectation I have for myself) is my chipping. I always felt that a good chip will save any hole and for someone who has never played a round under par, these are the little victories I need to keep my head in the game. I also didn't put putting down, even though I just spent 45 minutes practicing, because if the ball doesn't go in, I could've been better! lol

***I need that PuttOut trainer ASAP!!!***

Amazon worth every penny. I putt about 40 minutes a day give or take that thing is the most satisfying and frustrating thing ever made but it’s awsome.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I was hitting my irons really well before Covid 19. I think that translates over well the next time I play. The issue is and always will be my short game and putting. Those take lots of shots and practice to get right and without the necessary practice I think it will take time to get right following all this time at home. Hope everyone is staying safe and is healthy during this time!

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Best part of my game will be my appreciation for the things i have in life. Getting a bit emotional here and by that I mean, my patience will be better and I think I will become more appreciative of what I have. Missed putts, strayed drives, bad lies and poor weather will no longer be something that will dwell on. I will definitely take the time to appreciate my family more, playing partners and stop periodically to smell the roses. I really believe my game will improve with a clearer mind.

With cabin fever setting in, I think my putting will be the best part of game. May have to bring the mower inside to level out my downstairs carpet because I’m grooving a runway from putting practice. 

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

MrHogan

Mizuno Pro Model E Tour AD VR 5

Callaway XR 3W 15* 565 Speeder 

Ping G30 5W 18* 757 Speeder

Hogan Apex 99 blades 4-E, KBS Tour CT Limited

Hogan VKTR 21* hybrid 
Hogan EQ wedges. 50*, 56*. 
SC Newport 1.5
Snell MTBX

If you grow your beard long enough you can always do the 'comb over' when your hair does fall out

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 minutes ago, MrHogan said:

Best part of my game will be my appreciation for the things i have in life. Getting a bit emotional here and by that I mean, my patience will be better and I think I will become more appreciative of what I have.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

MrHogan

That's really thoughtful. I'm definitely guilty of taking what I have for granted. I feel super blessed that I'm able to do my day job in a telework scenario and am just realizing how impactful that ability is. Occasionally I need to stop to cherish this extra time at home with the kids and wife. Although cabin fever can be frustrating, you're right, there's bigger things in life to be grateful for. 

On 4/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, Lacassem said:

Amazon worth every penny. I putt about 40 minutes a day give or take that thing is the most satisfying and frustrating thing ever made but it’s awsome.

I just ordered that and a putting mat! Hopefully I'll come out of this with some new found putting skills. If nothing else, I will have no excuse to practice putting with it being so easy at home!

4 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

I just ordered that and a putting mat! Hopefully I'll come out of this with some new found putting skills. If nothing else, I will have no excuse to practice putting with it being so easy at home!

What mat did you end up going with?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

What mat did you end up going with?

The white PuttOut and the SKLZ Accelerator Pro. Not knowing how much I'd practice inside I didn't want to drop a fortune and my distance control is always something I've struggled with so this should help a ton. Plus I love SKLZ products. They always have no nonsense/fluff/eye candy type stuff.

Here is the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013BYCKDQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

15 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

The white PuttOut and the SKLZ Accelerator Pro. Not knowing how much I'd practice inside I didn't want to drop a fortune and my distance control is always something I've struggled with so this should help a ton. Plus I love SKLZ products. They always have no nonsense/fluff/eye candy type stuff.

Here is the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013BYCKDQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe @B.Boston Has this one? I had that up as well as a few others, so many options.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I believe [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] Has this one? I had that up as well as a few others, so many options.

Yup! That be the one. I might rip the ramp off and just use my PuttOut at the hole.

For a cheap one it lays flat after a few minutes and doesn’t seem to roll pretty true.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Everything golf related is either going to be rusty and terrible or I will be pleasantly surprised with my game.

Fitness for sure will be better, that is what I am focused on.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4