Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Course play Vs Driving range during Covid 19

I called the local course to see if the driving range was open because i knew people were aloud playing on the course and taking carts but they said putting greens and driving ranges were closed.

This confused me a little as of why ones closed and the other is open.

To me unless the driving range is packed(which at my course very few use the driving range) I don’t see a problem with putting hitting spots 6+ feet apart or just putting a restriction of how close or how many people can putt on the putting green and cups upside down.

Anyone else have the same at their course?

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:mizuno-small:-2 iron HMB MP 20

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero

The putting green has the potential to jeopardize the social distancing. Unless your course has a large staff to only allow a few people at a time on the green. Violations could get the course closed by local government. As you probably read this happen at Hunter Golf course in CT. So many people were sent home from work and they all migrated to the golf course. The parking lot was even full of golfers waiting on spaced tee times. 

The driving range has higher risks. How many people touch each and every range ball and basket! Then you have someone at each bay if the range is used often. TopGolf shut down all their facilities for this reason and a few others. Crowds, food service, bar area to name a few.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I've been watching the actions/responses here in Tennessee and believe a lot of what is happening concerning decisions on what and how to close or limit facilities is due to the speed at which this virus is spreading and the lack of experience in dealing with a situation like this one. Our local officials are solid guys who have provided good leadership for years and are now trying to deal with something which they've never before had to confront. My club closed today, and while I feel it could have probably been managed differently, I plan to comply with the decision to demonstrate my support for the leaders in my community during a most difficult time. I understand and share your confusion and it appears that many who are having to make these tough decisions share it as well.

Our driving range is open, with more space between hitting areas.  Our putting greens are open without flags.  Social distancing is required.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Courses are completely shut down in LA County. I’m afraid there will be no golf for awhile, except backyard practice. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

1 hour ago, zrumble said:

Courses are completely shut down in LA County. I’m afraid there will be no golf for awhile, except backyard practice. 

Same thing here in Illinois. All courses are shut down as are driving ranges. It's a bummer and I can't wait until they open back up!

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

CA took a hard stance to combat COVID-19.  Including beaches, trails and parks closures.  While each state, county and local has embraced the #stayathome at different times.  We were the first locally, and others are complying, as more cases will be reported.  Not all the data is in.  But the next 2 weeks are supposed to be the worst.  It's very fluid, and as more data comes out, there are more symptoms are being reported regarding spread. We are also wearing the cloth coverings, masks as recommended. Businesses of  And those  We are definitely living in different times.  Be safe and well all.

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

28 minutes ago, Dragon3 said:

CA took a hard stance to combat COVID-19.  Including beaches, trails and parks closures.  While each state, county and local has embraced the #stayathome at different times.  We were the first locally, and others are complying, as more cases will be reported.  Not all the data is in.  But the next 2 weeks are supposed to be the worst.  It's very fluid, and as more data comes out, there are more symptoms are being reported regarding spread. We are also wearing the cloth coverings, masks as recommended. Businesses of  And those  We are definitely living in different times.  Be safe and well all.

Ya as much as I want to go out and golf or go travel, we also have stayed home. Other than my work which I don’t believe will shut down because we manufacture livestock feed. That is the only place I go and we have put in place restrictions and things to minimize people to people interaction. 

6 hours ago, KillerGees said:

I've been watching the actions/responses here in Tennessee and believe a lot of what is happening concerning decisions on what and how to close or limit facilities is due to the speed at which this virus is spreading and the lack of experience in dealing with a situation like this one. Our local officials are solid guys who have provided good leadership for years and are now trying to deal with something which they've never before had to confront. My club closed today, and while I feel it could have probably been managed differently, I plan to comply with the decision to demonstrate my support for the leaders in my community during a most difficult time. I understand and share your confusion and it appears that many who are having to make these tough decisions share it as well.

Yes I would only go if there weren’t many people there. My wife and I haven’t had hardly any in person conversations with anyone for like a week and a half now and so we are trying to comply as much as we can.

1 hour ago, cciciora13 said:

Same thing here in Illinois. All courses are shut down as are driving ranges. It's a bummer and I can't wait until they open back up!

I am not sure how some courses are open in Ohio but we do have some open.

3 minutes ago, Briton said:

Ya as much as I want to go out and golf or go travel, we also have stayed home. Other than my work which I don’t believe will shut down because we manufacture livestock feed. That is the only place I go and we have put in place restrictions and things to minimize people to people interaction. 

Glad to hear your business was not impacted.

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

Just now, Briton said:

I am not sure how some courses are open in Ohio but we do have some open.

They take into account the area and population and expectations of reported cases.

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18