TESTERS WANTED! ×

Which golf glove do you use?

Here's a topic that isn't discussed anywhere near as much as it should be... Golf gloves.

Maybe it's not as sexy as a brand new driver or some shiny wedges, but in my opinion a decent glove gives so much confidence and may be worth a handful of strokes per round (no pun intended). Am I right?

I've tried a huge number of gloves in the short time that I have been playing golf and have concluded that my top 3 (at the moment) are as follows: (pictures below)

3. :srixon-small:All Weather Glove - synthetic (cost £5.99 GBP)

A surprisingly comfortable and soft glove, considering it is a value-for-money option. Grips well in all conditions (except freezing cold!). Hard wearing - One pair has lasted a dozen or so trips to the driving range as well as a couple of rounds, and is still going strong. This is my go-to glove for messing around in the garden, range work and when it's not really warm/totally dry.

2.:mizuno-small: Elite Glove - Cabretta leather (palm) and synthetic leather hybrid (cost £12.99 GBP)

Beautifully soft glove, stretches to fit perfectly around my odd-shaped hands. This glove provides the best feel of any glove I have previously tried. I find that this glove is somewhat durable for a soft leather, but nowhere near as hard wearing as a synthetic glove. The first pair lasted 5 or 6 trips to the range as well as a couple of rounds in the summer before the thumb started to stretch slightly and lose a little grip. It still felt good but I replaced it with a new pair. This is my glove of choice for dry/warm weather.

1. :footjoy-small: RainGrip - Pair, Synthetic (cost £19.99 GBP for pair, including towel) 

I was a little sceptical about these gloves but they very quickly became my favourite gloves by far. Firstly, I had never worn a pair of gloves when playing golf, only a single glove on my left hand. This felt peculiar initially, but a couple of holes in I was loving them. They gripped well in the dry, but surprisingly really came into their own once they started to get wet. Made from an unusual microfibre type fabric which seemed to become more tacky/grippy the wetter it got! By this point the rain was coming down heavily - a common occurrence here in the UK - and I still felt 100% confident swinging my club around. As the winter months approached I started using these gloves each time I visited the range and wore them for every round I played over the winter. They are in near-perfect condition still and I'm actually looking forward to my next round in the rain!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what gloves work best for you.

• What glove are you using right now, and why?
  • How much would you pay for a glove?
  • How long does it last?

Mo.

20200404_213434.jpg

20200404_213510.jpg

20200404_213515.jpg

20200404_213429.jpg

20200404_213304.jpg

20200404_213310.jpg

20200404_213342.jpg

20200404_213351.jpg

20200404_213148.jpg

20200404_213211.jpg

20200404_213216.jpg

Edited by Average Mo
Spelling correction

:wilson_staff_small: D200 Superlight 12° Driver & 15° 3W

:titelist-small: 818 h1 19° & 23° Hybrids

:cleveland-small: CG-16 6i-PW

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 48° GW, 54° SW, 60° LW

:odyssey-small: White Hot 2 ball Putter, 32.5" shaft, Jumbo Odyssey grip

Until the weather gets humid I play gloveless.   Once the humidity kicks in,  I wear a single Footjoy rain glove.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

MG Elite

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The MG TechGrip, and DynaGrip Elite, Titleist Perma Soft.   

Blemished/Factory Seconds are usually good deals, and long as they have four fingers and one thumb.

Sometimes I will plurge and buy a good glove that ranges in price from $14 to $18, I like Under Amour, Foot Joy, TaylorMade, Callaway and MaxFli makes a good one too.

Always on the lookout for sales.🧐

I don't think I can hit a ball without a glove.

Either the Titleist Players or Footjoy Pure Touch. Like the feel of both and for all leather they are pretty durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Until the weather gets humid I play gloveless.   Once the humidity kicks in,  I wear a single Footjoy rain glove.   

Personally, I like feeling the grip without something in-between, so I also play gloveless which I can do here in the desert.  If I play somewhere humid, I have an MG TechGrip somewhere in my bag.

My wife used to play gloveless, but when trying out clubs this year in Palm Springs, the guy at the hitting bay suggested Bionic StableGrip because she has bad arthritis.  Expensive, but she swears by them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've found that Kangaroo leather holds up a lot better than either synthetic or regular leather. Hirzl and Kakadu are the best. The latter is an Australian DTC company that ships to the US and you can take advantage of the exchange rate.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I used to play gloveless but the last few singers have been so humid I started wearing them. I use a Srixon synthetic glove. My home course sells them for about $8 each. I buy two at the beginning of the year and I'm good. I think they hold up great. Tried full leather but they don't last long enough.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

4 hours ago, SlowNLow said:

The MG TechGrip, and DynaGrip Elite, Titleist Perma Soft.   

Blemished/Factory Seconds are usually good deals, and long as they have four fingers and one thumb.

Sometimes I will plurge and buy a good glove that ranges in price from $14 to $18, I like Under Amour, Foot Joy, TaylorMade, Callaway and MaxFli makes a good one too.

Always on the lookout for sales.🧐

I don't think I can hit a ball without a glove.

I'm the same, I just don't feel comfortable swinging without a glove. 

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Personally, I like feeling the grip without something in-between, so I also play gloveless which I can do here in the desert.  If I play somewhere humid, I have an MG TechGrip somewhere in my bag.

My wife used to play gloveless, but when trying out clubs this year in Palm Springs, the guy at the hitting bay suggested Bionic StableGrip because she has bad arthritis.  Expensive, but she swears by them.

3 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I used to play gloveless but the last few singers have been so humid I started wearing them. I use a Srixon synthetic glove. My home course sells them for about $8 each. I buy two at the beginning of the year and I'm good. I think they hold up great. Tried full leather but they don't last long enough.

Take Dead Aim

So I guess climate/humidity is a major factor in your preference not to wear a glove? 

Here in the UK it's pretty much wet/rainy 90% of the year... the other 10% is hot and sweaty so I really struggle without. 

I must say, I can't recall seeing many golfers around here who play gloveless...

So I guess climate/humidity is a major factor in your preference not to wear a glove? 
Here in the UK it's pretty much wet/rainy 90% of the year... the other 10% is hot and sweaty so I really struggle without. 
I must say, I can't recall seeing many golfers around here who play gloveless...
That's what it started as. Only wearing a glove on very humid days. But I've been playing for 20+ years and only in the last year or so wear a glove regularly. I felt the club turn in my hand on 1 or 2 shots and that was it I went to the glove.

Harvey Penick, in his books wrote, that he would tell his pupils to take the glove off and 'forget' to have them put it back on. He felt that if you had a good grip you didn't need a glove.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Ive been using the Maxfli One Size so far this year and I really like it.  I like a snug fitting glove and this one fits well.  In the past Ive used the Zero Restriction one size glove and really liked those too.

Before that, I used the Mizuno Retroflex, which is no longer available and the FJ Softjoy.  The Softjoy was OK but I found the sizing to not be right for me and sometimes the large was a bit too big and the medium was way too small.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, storm319 said:

Costco Callaway cabretta. Unlikely these will ever come back due to the success of the Kirkland cabretta gloves. 

2 hours ago, Bosox04 said:

Kirkland gloves from Costco.

I'll pick up a pack of these on my next visit to Costco, thanks! 

I use MG dynagrip elite in winter. I use leather grips that get really sticky when they are wet so I don’t need a glove in the summer time. 

Driver: Titleist TS3 - TBD

3 wood: Titleist TS3 Hzrdus Smoke 70s 

Hybrids: Titleist 818 H2 @  18 and 23 Atmos 80ts

Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19, 5-pw w/ Elevate Tour s

Wedges: Vokey SM7, 50f and 54s  W/DG wedge. Ping glide 3.0 TS W/ DG TI S400

Putter: Bettinardi Queen B 9

My hands sweat too much to go gloveless or else I would. So the gloves I use are Asher golf gloves. They have some good styles and color variety and different cost variety.  I love them and they feel good. If not those then I use a too expensive Taylor made glove lol.

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:mizuno-small:-2 iron HMB MP 20

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero

I use the Bionic ....it really helps these old hands.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 4/12/2020 at 10:38 AM, Triplebogey said:

I have been using the better Vice glove that I like a lot. Going to look into the Costco gloves. 

I use the Callaway 3 pack gloves from Costco to practice: I play in a GFore or a Titleist 

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I use the Zero Friction gloves. I was surprised but one size truly does fit most hands.

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

Whatever is on sale. But if I can't find any, then FJ WeatherSof.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I use the Footjoy WeatherSof - I buy the 2 pack and switch gloves after each 9.  They work well during the hot and humid days in Chicago.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 8*-  VA Slay 55 R

Hybrid: 2- Callaway Paradigm Super Hybrid  - VA Slay 85 R

Hybrid: 4- Callaway Paradigm Smoke AI  - VA Slay 85 R

Irons: Srixon ZX5 MII (4-PW) -  UST Mamiya Dart V 90 F3

Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* Volkey SM6 - Stock Shaft

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9 - Stock Shaft

mggolf.com  can't beat the prices, and they are as good as gloves with national brand names on them that you are paying for the name on.  I just get 4 at a time and restock when I get down to my last one.  Orders usually arrive within a few days.

I do wear a rain glove when it gets above 90 degrees out, because you simply blow through regular gloves in the heat and humidity around this place, which is simply a waste of money on gloves then, and one rain glove lasts an entire summer.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Kirkland gloves! Great gloves for a great price. Hopefully they restock soon!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink: