Our Sponsors

I typically use a Titleist Players.  I used to love the old TW Nike's from probably 10 years ago, then the PING Tour's from prob 6 years ago.

It about time to get some for the year so I'll prob see if there are any new ones to try.  I think PING has a new glove that I'll check out, but the Titleist Players "fits like a glove" so I'll prob get that again.

• Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

Using a foot joy pro flx right now , ordered a couple zero friction gloves to try out. Also got a couple cobra micro grips that I have not tried yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75-  

Woods -  Callaway Max 3 wood Evenflow Riptide 5.5r 60g  - loving this off the deck 

Taylormade Sim Max 3 wood - Ventus FW 5-r  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  Sim Max Rescue  4 - 22*   Ventus FW 5-r 

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 5- PW, AW   Project X Catalyst 55g Lite Flex

WEDGES-  Cleveland Golf Smart Sole 4.0 Sand Wedge  58*   Cleveland Smart Sole 4.0 Chipping Wedge 42*

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab double wide putter 35"

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

My biggest issue with gloves is that I struggle to find one that fits correctly. It seem like there is always one finger that isn't quite comfortable. I wore the Taylormade Stratus last season and it was okay but the thumb never quite felt right. They were inexpensive so I never really cared about it. This year, I bought a couple of the Under Armour Spieth Tour gloves. The fit in the store is absolutely perfect so hopefully it stays that way on course. I'm still using the last Taylormade that was in my bag so I have not busted out the UA just yet.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

Guest Delete
On 4/4/2020 at 2:36 PM, Average Mo said:

Here's a topic that isn't discussed anywhere near as much as it should be... Golf gloves.

Maybe it's not as sexy as a brand new driver or some shiny wedges, but in my opinion a decent glove gives so much confidence and may be worth a handful of strokes per round (no pun intended). Am I right?

I've tried a huge number of gloves in the short time that I have been playing golf and have concluded that my top 3 (at the moment) are as follows: (pictures below)

3. :srixon-small:All Weather Glove - synthetic (cost £5.99 GBP)

A surprisingly comfortable and soft glove, considering it is a value-for-money option. Grips well in all conditions (except freezing cold!). Hard wearing - One pair has lasted a dozen or so trips to the driving range as well as a couple of rounds, and is still going strong. This is my go-to glove for messing around in the garden, range work and when it's not really warm/totally dry.

2.:mizuno-small: Elite Glove - Cabretta leather (palm) and synthetic leather hybrid (cost £12.99 GBP)

Beautifully soft glove, stretches to fit perfectly around my odd-shaped hands. This glove provides the best feel of any glove I have previously tried. I find that this glove is somewhat durable for a soft leather, but nowhere near as hard wearing as a synthetic glove. The first pair lasted 5 or 6 trips to the range as well as a couple of rounds in the summer before the thumb started to stretch slightly and lose a little grip. It still felt good but I replaced it with a new pair. This is my glove of choice for dry/warm weather.

1. :footjoy-small: RainGrip - Pair, Synthetic (cost £19.99 GBP for pair, including towel) 

I was a little sceptical about these gloves but they very quickly became my favourite gloves by far. Firstly, I had never worn a pair of gloves when playing golf, only a single glove on my left hand. This felt peculiar initially, but a couple of holes in I was loving them. They gripped well in the dry, but surprisingly really came into their own once they started to get wet. Made from an unusual microfibre type fabric which seemed to become more tacky/grippy the wetter it got! By this point the rain was coming down heavily - a common occurrence here in the UK - and I still felt 100% confident swinging my club around. As the winter months approached I started using these gloves each time I visited the range and wore them for every round I played over the winter. They are in near-perfect condition still and I'm actually looking forward to my next round in the rain!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what gloves work best for you.

• What glove are you using right now, and why?
  • How much would you pay for a glove?
  • How long does it last?

Mo.

20200404_213434.jpg

20200404_213510.jpg

20200404_213515.jpg

20200404_213429.jpg

20200404_213304.jpg

20200404_213310.jpg

20200404_213342.jpg

20200404_213351.jpg

20200404_213148.jpg

20200404_213211.jpg

20200404_213216.jpg

I used to used the cabretta leather gloves from Costco, but they were not very durable for the 2000+ balls I hit per month. I wear gloves on both hands and found the leather gloves do not breath, don't handle water too well, and start to smell after a while. 

Since I leave them on all round, I switched to suede like rain gloves made by FingerTen on Amazon for $6/glove. They breathe and feel dry the whole round, even if I get them wet. In a pinch, the FootJoy Rain gloves are great too. 

Bionic Stable Grip 3X.  I have larger hands and the Bionic seems to help me keep a "looser" grip and they are durable.  I have been using them for over 10 years.

Any tips for summer play?  I found a dry hand application, Clark Dry Grip, that really helps keep my hands (and glove) dry.  Yes, I sweat a lot, LOL.  I also use a large carabiner clip on the cart to hang a glove and switch between holes if it is a hot and humid day to help keep my gloves dry.

• Like 2

:ping-small:       Driver:  G410 LST 9 +1 Flat w/Tour AD DI 6X Orange

:taylormade-small:  3 Metal:   M2 13 degree w/Tour AD DJ 7X Orange

:titelist-small:          Hybrid:  818 21 

:mizuno-small:        4-PW:  MP 20  w/Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small:        Wedges:  52-56-60: Mizuno MP R12 w/KB STE 610 Wedge 125 S+

:whitlam-golf-1:    Putter:  Joseph SS303 w/Super Stroke Fatso 5.0

:Snell:  Ball:  MTB Black

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130 S    🇺🇸

Footjoy rain glove when it rains otherwise I don't wear a glove. 

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 10* - Rogue silver 110

Callaway Rogue 15* - Even Flow Blue

Callaway Apex 18* & 23*  Kuro Kage

Ping i500 (reg spec) Steelfiber 110CW

Ping i210 6-UW Steelfiber 110CW

Ping Glide 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold X100 SoftStepped

Ping Nome TR

Kirkland Glove is money!!! 3 for $14 cant beat it!!

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist Titanium 983K, 10.5, Aldial Green 85-X

FW: Nike Covert VRS 2.0, 15, Kuro Kage 70G

Hybrid: Adams A4 3H, 18,  Rayon Javlnfx h80

Iron: JPX 900 Forged 4-5 JPX 900 Tour 6-PW, Project X 5.5

Wedges:SM7 50 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 D Grind

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot 9, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

Ball: Titleist Prov1x

Kirkland Cabretta leather!! Best value and honestly a good glove!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-3's 50* 54* and 58*

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  :srixon-small:  ZStar XV

Started using the Kirkland Signature Cabretta gloves a yr ago and love them. four gloves for $19.99 (US), found them as good as Titleist PermaSofts. 

• Like 3

I am a fan of Bender Gloves for their light weight synthetic gloves with the leather palm and fingers. My hand tends to get hot so usually all leather gloves are too uncomfortable. However, for the last 6 months or so I have only used the Costco K-Sig leather gloves and they are not only a great value but very comfortable and durable.

2018-06-15 15.18.43.jpg

• Like 1

PXG Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
Tour Edge Bazooka Platinum 23° Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shaft
Tour Edge HL4 5-6 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
Maltby KE4 Tour+ irons 7-GW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts
Gigagolf S2 52° and 56° wedges w/UST for Gigagolf graphite shafts
Tommy Armour Impact #3 putter

YI'm a cheapskate and I like the rain/hot weather glove material so I get the finger 10 gloves from eBay.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I recently bought a 3 pack for of the Zero Friction Cabretta elite gloves. They are “one size fits most” and use compression technology to fit to your hand size. I must say these will become my go-to gloves for the summer months. I know this one size concept must sound very strange to most of you, but it’s quite nice in my opinion. 

please note that they do also have synthetic gloves, but I’ve only tried the Cabretta elite model. 

Edited by Jarederco
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2020 at 12:31 AM, Jarederco said:

I recently bought a 3 pack for of the Zero Friction Cabretta elite gloves. They are “one size fits most” and use compression technology to fit to your hand size. I must say these will become my go-to gloves for the summer months. I know this one size concept must sound very strange to most of you, but it’s quite nice in my opinion. 

please note that they do also have synthetic gloves, but I’ve only tried the Cabretta elite model. 

how big are these? I typically wear a XL or XXL and doubt they are big enough.

I stocked up on some Costco branded gloves at $20 for 4 gloves. They feel good and performance wise they are par with a lot of the name brand gloves. The only thing I noticed was that after using it for about 5 rounds the glove would be stretched out more than normal, but I can't complain for $5 per glove and a soft leather at that.Screenshot_20200518-121107_DuckDuckGo.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 & 4 hybrids regular shafts 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

On 4/4/2020 at 5:36 PM, Average Mo said:

3. :srixon-small:All Weather Glove - synthetic (cost £5.99 GBP)

A surprisingly comfortable and soft glove, considering it is a value-for-money option. Grips well in all conditions (except freezing cold!). Hard wearing - One pair has lasted a dozen or so trips to the driving range as well as a couple of rounds, and is still going strong. This is my go-to glove for messing around in the garden, range work and when it's not really warm/totally dry.

I've really liked the Srixon All-Weather as well, especially when it's raining or especially warm/humid.

My "normal" weather glove is the Kirkland Premium Cabretta. I like it a lot but will say they run a little larger than the Srixon.

• Like 1

Right Handed

Driver: :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft, 9.5º)

FW: :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft, 15º)

Hybrid: *Currently Testing* :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5, 18º)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52 & 60): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

I find Fit39 works very well in hot and humid conditions. They are all synthetic out of Japan (I believe) with a very grippy palm. Online purchase can be done but, there are many knock offs floating around.

• Like 1

Driver: image.jpeg.34eaee8382f091fe0a3c22d07a128f3d.jpeg TS2 10.5* A-1 Tensai AV 55 Stiff

3 Wood: image.jpeg.e516c276ea3badda924b599efc74dc44.jpeg Epic BB Sub Zero Fujikura Pro 62 Stiff

Driving Iron: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 UDI Project X, Hzrdus 85g

Irons: image.jpeg.b7214da2fa3cda117f55d5a1eca9bfdc.jpeg 0211 4-PW Elevate 95 Stiff

Wedges: image.jpeg.eefc27879a3aeb4584a2da0c9fc3cc61.jpeg RTX 4. 50, 56, 60 degrees

Putter: image.jpeg.5f24b023b8db3d017291f4cd9e670f90.jpeg Huntington Beach 11 

Ball: image.jpeg.4ebe90b87a3ca1ef4804bec7677e8df7.jpeg  Chrome Soft Truvis

Foot joy rain glove on the left hand year round for me. I sweat like it’s my job so leather gloves get soaked after just a couple holes. Before discovering the FJ rain glove I carried half a dozen gloves in my bag. Even while carrying so many at the end of a round all were soaked. The FJ rain was my savior.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

What do you all do with your gloves when they're done? I go through gloves rather quickly. Either I wear the palm out, I wear the thumb out, or both. I feel bad just throwing them away but I'm not sure they can be re-purposed?

• Like 1

TM.png.d551804c21debc091a6aef9280cf38ab.png

M5 10.5* -1 - Hzrdus Smoke Green
M2 3W -
2 Rescue -
P790 - 4-PW - C-Taper 120 S
Milled Grind - 54/58

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

Foot joy rain glove on the left hand year round for me. I sweat like it’s my job so leather gloves get soaked after just a couple holes. Before discovering the FJ rain glove I carried half a dozen gloves in my bag. Even while carrying so many at the end of a round all were soaked. The FJ rain was my savior.

We went from overcast and 55 yesterday to 90, sunny and humid today. My FJ rain glove was perfect for both days.

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I change my previous answer to no glove. Who knew after 40 years of playing golf that I hit it better without a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"