TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sim fairway woods

Hotdocta

Anyone had any experience with the new sim fairway woods and how they compare against everything else?

thanks.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

I tried the Sim max 3 and Sim Ti3 and they are both really good clubs. They have a sound especially the more expensive Ti3 wood that I would pay for alone. when you make good contact with it .. its hard to describe.
I am not carrying woods right now but going for a fitting next week to try a few. The sim is on the top of the list

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Cool,  I am leaning towards sim ti

Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

So with the stock shaft offerings I hit max best.  Throw in my ad iz and sim wins on all counts.  

still none beat the sound and feel of my old pxg gen2.   They were both 6-10yards further with better dispersion though 

I have tried the standard SIM 3 wood. While it is a much improved version in terms of feel and performance over the M5. For me it was too hot and messed up my gaps. So I didnt go with it. 

A 5 wood with tweaked settings may be the ticket for me. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

7 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I have tried the standard SIM 3 wood. While it is a much improved version in terms of feel and performance over the M5. For me it was too hot and messed up my gaps. So I didnt go with it. 

A 5 wood with tweaked settings may be the ticket for me. 

I am definitely worried about that.  I am hoping I can just loft up and get away with it

10 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

I am definitely worried about that.  I am hoping I can just loft up and get away with it

The only problem with the TM adapter is that lofting up also shuts the face. No way around it. I do not want a shut face. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Have both the SIM Max 3 wood and 5 wood. I have a VA Raijin 74 Four shaft in the 3 wood and it is a beast though it does go a little too high at times. They are both soooo easy to hit off the fairway, so much better than my old Ping i25 3 wood which was great off the tee but tough to hit off a tight fairway.

:taylormade-small: M5 9° Driver Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3 Wood VA Raijin 74 Four

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5 Wood  Fuji Ventus Blue 6 Stiff

:honma: 19° 3 Hybrid Patterson Balistic Hut30

:honma: TW-X Irons Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:honma:TW Wedges 54°/60° Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:odyssey-small: EXO Putter

I have both the SIM titanium 3w & 5w. I LOVE them. My 5w is my new deadly weapon and go to at my home course off the tee on most holes. It's fun to watch the look on my playing partners faces when they find out that I just flew my 5w past their drives from a tee box behind them!

As someone else said earlier.....the sound and feel of these when you catch the ball on the screws is addicting!

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

On 4/4/2020 at 4:42 PM, Hotdocta said:

Anyone had any experience with the new sim fairway woods and how they compare against everything else?

thanks.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, Hotdocta said:

So with the stock shaft offerings I hit max best.  Throw in my ad iz and sim wins on all counts.  

still none beat the sound and feel of my old pxg gen2.   They were both 6-10yards further with better dispersion though 

I really like the Sim Rocket 3.  I got it to replace my PXG 3 wood and while I miss the sound and feel of the PXG 3 wood, the distance just wasn't there w/ it for me compared to the Sim.  The Sim Max had great forgiveness on the face, but the Sim was so explosive when you found the center of the face.

Edited by LakeCowboy

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

2 hours ago, LakeCowboy said:

I really like the Sim Rocket 3.  I got it to replace my PXG 3 wood and while I miss the sound and feel of the PXG 3 wood, the distance just wasn't there w/ it for me compared to the Sim.  The Sim Max had great forgiveness on the face, but the Sim was so explosive when you found the center of the face.

I agree with all of that.    I really did like my pxg though 

I had the Callaway Epic Flash and tried out the SIM Max this year and I love it! Looks great when you are looking down on it and ball feels great off the face. The twist face in these woods really makes a difference and improves golf game! Definitely recommend the SIM fairway woods!