TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy Strava Club

@russtopherb that's great to hear she's on board with it man. You'll be thankful. Definitely worth the wait for a fit. I had some of those similar symptoms before the knee/hip pain put me over the edge. 

FWIW, this one is an "endurance" bike. The geometry let's me get into a forward, but comfortable position so there's speed left on the table but I'm able to ride further and still way faster than the other bike I was riding. The tires on it are thin but wide enough and textured so I can hit up gravel if I want. I went with this one over a faster one with racing slicks because a lot of the side roads I ride are tar and chip makeup and it would've made for a bumpy ride. Plus I like off roading occasionally. 

I'm thinking about giving my old bike a tune-up with some MTB tires so I can take it on proper trails. Would be a cheap upgrade to give more variety in my rides but I'm gonna wait until after lockdown for that one. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

@russtopherb that's great to hear she's on board with it man. You'll be thankful. Definitely worth the wait for a fit. I had some of those similar symptoms before the knee/hip pain put me over the edge. 

FWIW, this one is an "endurance" bike. The geometry let's me get into a forward, but comfortable position so there's speed left on the table but I'm able to ride further and still way faster than the other bike I was riding. The tires on it are thin but wide enough and textured so I can hit up gravel if I want. I went with this one over a faster one with racing slicks because a lot of the side roads I ride are tar and chip makeup and it would've made for a bumpy ride. Plus I like off roading occasionally. 

I'm thinking about giving my old bike a tune-up with some MTB tires so I can take it on proper trails. Would be a cheap upgrade to give more variety in my rides but I'm gonna wait until after lockdown for that one. 

My wife is a workout fanatic and also has soreness and sometimes pain due to problems with her back and her wrist, so she's all about making sure you have the right equipment to stay relatively pain free. Odds are I'll keep the Specialized and let my son ride it since trade-in is only around $50 and it's got brand new tires & tubes. I do have a local shop 2 blocks from my office, right off one of the major Rhode Island mixed use paths. I have to go to work at least one day this week anyways to get some graphics work done that I can't do from home, so I may mask up and take a walk over as last I heard, they're still open. 

My brother just got fit down in Arkansas and was shocked at the bike he was fit into, it would never have even been a size he would have considered if he hadn't been fit. He's been riding the past month with zero issues and loving it.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Very low mileage for me this week. Been battling some food poisoning which has sucked, but thankfully with working from home it's been slightly more bearable than it could have been. Last night was the first time I've gotten a good night of sleep in a bit so I'm hopeful that I'll have the energy to get a few rides & walks in this weekend. Those who've been through this know how much energy gets drained out of you. 

I'm in!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Joined! Look forward to training with you all 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Go away rain!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 3 weeks later...

I really wanted to get my first 20mi ride in today, but ended up at 13. I was nearing a point where I would have had to go way out and then back to make it 20, and I knew I had a series of hills coming back that would have done me in. It ended up being the right decision, but I'm going to keep on pushing! 

5 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I really wanted to get my first 20mi ride in today, but ended up at 13. I was nearing a point where I would have had to go way out and then back to make it 20, and I knew I had a series of hills coming back that would have done me in. It ended up being the right decision, but I'm going to keep on pushing! 

Definitely better to err on the side of caution. I've accidentally pushed myself too far a few times already thanks to poor route planning. That's the good and bad part of training outside....you can't just jump off and be done. 

Just joined. My only active friends on Strava before this are a serious triathlete, and an ultra-marathon trail runner who seems to podium at every event he enters, so it tends to be a bit demoralizing to post my workouts! Should I expect the same here?

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

If no one else's, I know my workouts are way more average so I think you'll be in good company 👍

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

Just joined. My only active friends on Strava before this are a serious triathlete, and an ultra-marathon trail runner who seems to podium at every event he enters, so it tends to be a bit demoralizing to post my workouts! Should I expect the same here?

Nope, we accept and appreciate all work outs. I mean I just posted a cool .6 mile run yesterday.

Thanks for joining.

I'm in I need to lose some winter weight and quarantine weight

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 2 weeks later...

I've been feeling like an absolute slug. Got out for my longest ride to date on Saturday, then haven't had a chance to touch the bike since. Had a socially distanced confirmation get-together down in RI for my nephew on Sunday, then I've had a virtual meeting every single night this week so far. Work has been straight out, so no chances to sneak out for a ride at lunch. Thankfully I've been doing a 20 minute workout every morning before I start working, but other than that, no time on the new bike. I've been itching to get out there! 

5 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I've been feeling like an absolute slug. Got out for my longest ride to date on Saturday, then haven't had a chance to touch the bike since. Had a socially distanced confirmation get-together down in RI for my nephew on Sunday, then I've had a virtual meeting every single night this week so far. Work has been straight out, so no chances to sneak out for a ride at lunch. Thankfully I've been doing a 20 minute workout every morning before I start working, but other than that, no time on the new bike. I've been itching to get out there! 

If it makes you feel better, mine is in the shop 😢 At least you've you the option to ride sitting in your garage. If you're looking to get out for a 20 miler soon, one thing I've found helpful to increase distance is to find a nice midway point you can relax for a snack and break then ride home. Just a thought. 

There's an island I really want to ride to when I get my bike back but it's about 45 miles round trip. Kinda nervous about it so we'll see how I'm feeling when the time comes. Could be a good time to bring the drone for an extended stop. 

10 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

If it makes you feel better, mine is in the shop 😢 At least you've you the option to ride sitting in your garage. If you're looking to get out for a 20 miler soon, one thing I've found helpful to increase distance is to find a nice midway point you can relax for a snack and break then ride home. Just a thought. 

There's an island I really want to ride to when I get my bike back but it's about 45 miles round trip. Kinda nervous about it so we'll see how I'm feeling when the time comes. Could be a good time to bring the drone for an extended stop. 

Thanks for the tip! I actually felt pretty good after the 15mi ride as far as stamina and leg strength. I thought I'd be closer to 20 based on my pre-route planning but it ended up not working out that way, perhaps because it was a circular route vs going the opposite direction on the way back. I may try doing 10mi out, stop for a snack, then 10mi back this weekend.  

15 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

A tip for out and back routes, especially if you're going to push your endurance limit, is to go out into the wind, so you have a tailwind on the way home. It's so much easier, especially mentally!

Unfortunately since I live on the coast, the wind is constantly swirling so there's no way to plan routes based on wind direction. It is what it is.

Alright baby! Back in business. Just picked up my bike from the shop. Cannondale was nice enough to replace the parts for free and I'm thankful to the shop for fitting me in amongst their insane demand for bike service. 

Turns out I've got way too much strength! Partially kidding of course but it turns out the solution was an upgraded crank set with a different type of threading (English vs square). The service rep humored me while I peppered him with curiosity questions trying to learn more about this particular problem. Trial ride around the sample path they have was nice and quiet so I'm looking forward to a full ride ASAP. 

My main course is on a Navy base so they are waiting to open in own terms. Do any of you guys have experience riding to the course before a round? I'm curious if it's worth it. 

Guys I’m sorry! I keep forgetting to use the Strava app on my runs! The rain has hit us hard the last few week in Oregon so I haven’t been able to get on the bike. I’ll try to do better and post some activity to the group

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Just curious if any of you guys have a particular way you like to log interval workouts on Strava? I did one today, but now it looks like I just ran the fastest 2 miles of my life haha

Right Handed

WITB thread here

• 3 weeks later...

Put in 15.7 miles in a little under 3 hours today. Instead of driving to the local park to do the 11km loop trail, I ran out there, ran the loop, and then ran back.

Adrenaline-boosting moment of the run was a little over half an hour in, when I was running a connector trail between two roads and had a large branch fall from 60 feet up and land 3 feet behind me. I heard the crack, looked up and saw it coming, and gave an extra little burst to get away from it. The branch was large enough that if it had hit me I would for sure be in the hospital, and it would've had the potential to be fatal.

I'm thankful that I've spent enough time in the woods that I've been around naturally falling trees and knew instantly what the crack sound I heard was. If you've never been around that, it sounds like a cross between the sound your axe makes when splitting kindling and a gunshot. Before I even saw the branch I knew it was coming and was ready to dodge it.

Overall an eventful day, and I will sleep really well tonight!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS