Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What is your home practice setup

She almost killed me ahahahah
I also have an outdoor skytrak bay i am finishing and will post very soon!

B910B1B6-7CD6-4DB6-94E8-2280F6C28C5A.jpeg

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

4 hours ago, Wondergiulio said:

She almost killed me ahahahah
I also have an outdoor skytrak bay i am finishing and will post very soon!

B910B1B6-7CD6-4DB6-94E8-2280F6C28C5A.jpeg

I told my wife I was putting together a place to watch movies on a big screen. Then it was hey look what else it can do! I can hit golf balls into it too. It was the dog house after that. Didn't appreciate the bait and switch. But they do all watch movies on it too.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Here's mine.  It's basically a 10x10x10 cage net supported by props and bungees, as I need to put up and take down every time.

I had to upgrade the net to this one recently as i skied my driver over the previous one (8x8 pop up type), luckily the neighbours tree got in the way and stopped it, but it made my 'cheeks' clench a bit.  I am currently refining the net hanging to narrow it at the back, so my wife can get past more easily.

I also got a SkyTrak about a month ago, which makes it so much more worth the time to set up (15 to 20 mins from stored away to starting hitting).

20200416_141353.jpg

Couldn't take it anymore before some of the lift here in the state of Michigan was removed. I decided to build out what I call an el-cheapo Optishot golf sim 

IMG_1319.JPEG

IMG_1320.JPEG

IMG_1322.JPEG

IMG_1323.JPEG

After losing more than 235lbs with RNY weight loss surgery and building a passion for the game of golf I decided to create a youtube channel to share my journey. I'll be bringing golf course vlogs, golf product reviews, golf simulator sessions from my home garage setup, and a whole lot more!

The Bogey Smalls YouTube Channel

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Do you take payments for range time?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, Lacassem said:

Do you take payments for range time?

Dunkin credits only.... 😁 

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I'm liking the Mevo. It is definitely on my wish list. I have a Rukket Haak pop up net with the tri-turf mat and a Rukket pop-up pitch and chip target. They are currently in my basement but I can't hit full shots due to the low ceiling. When the weather warms up in Central NY, its all getting moved outside.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

On 4/16/2020 at 1:02 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I was looking at the OptiShot 2 - seems like a lower cost alternative to the much more expensive SkyTrak system but the accuracy isn't quite accurate.

How do you like it as a simulator?

Opti spot hates my swing. It likes people who sweep the club more then it's aggressive divoters

1 hour ago, Erik-M said:

Opti spot hates my swing. It likes people who sweep the club more then it's aggressive divoters

Thanks for the input - this seems hit or miss with the bad outweighing the good .... I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

5 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Thanks for the input - this seems hit or miss with the bad outweighing the good .... I'm going to have to figure something else out.

You have to get everything right with OptiShot 2. The lighting has to be correct. You have to set up each club based on your typical flight path, and speed. Non reflective clubs need a strip of white electrical tape on the sole of the club to pick up the club correctly.  Sweepers can tend to show slices and hooks due to not being close enough to the sensors. A slight divot is prefered with the irons if you installed a thicker turf. Once it's set correctly it works great for what it is.  I can play a round in an hour and only get one or two flyers. You can use a mulligan on the flyers if you feel the need. If you really want something better there is a steep price associated. Wasn't in my budget!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 5/1/2020 at 12:16 PM, Pandaman said:

Here's mine.  It's basically a 10x10x10 cage net supported by props and bungees, as I need to put up and take down every time.

I had to upgrade the net to this one recently as i skied my driver over the previous one (8x8 pop up type), luckily the neighbours tree got in the way and stopped it, but it made my 'cheeks' clench a bit.  I am currently refining the net hanging to narrow it at the back, so my wife can get past more easily.

I also got a SkyTrak about a month ago, which makes it so much more worth the time to set up (15 to 20 mins from stored away to starting hitting).

20200416_141353.jpg

Do you think a PVC pipe style of cage would be sturdy enough to not blow over without the use of tie downs like that?

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

21 hours ago, beelzeberto said:

Do you think a PVC pipe style of cage would be sturdy enough to not blow over without the use of tie downs like that?

Possibly, but I would avoid the thinner pipes as they will be too flexy.  I wouldn't trust it in a stiff breeze either.  I think sone form of 'anchorage' would be wise.

I think it would be tricky to have an easily put up and taken down one with those too.

Possibly, but I would avoid the thinner pipes as they will be too flexy.  I wouldn't trust it in a stiff breeze either.  I think sone form of 'anchorage' would be wise.
I think it would be tricky to have an easily put up and taken down one with those too.

A boating trick might work better for you. In the northern climates where boaters need to put a tarp over the boat they build a frame out of electrical (steel) conduit. The benefit in addition to no flex is that the connectors for the pipe have set screws so it's easy to assemble and disassemble. For a hitting net 1/2" would probably work

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I recently setup a net in my backyard, and my backyard slopes down. I need to add some blocks under the net to raise up the height. With my low trajectory shots, plus not being that far away from the net, didn't think I would ever hit the ball over the net. To be safe, I faced the net toward the direction of a virtually abandoned barn that is on the other side of my fence. Somehow, I have managed to hit a ball over the net over the fence a couple of times in the past week. And both times, the next day someone was working in the yard by the barn. I only see someone over there like twice a year...

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Rukket net for me.  Also putting in the basement on the carpet.  Looked into a putting mat, but the carpet does a fairly good job and speed isn't too terribly off.  

image.png.330b104a24034de0673a67b84d34914f.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"