TESTERS WANTED! ×

What’s your favorite grip?

scanepa

Jumbo max ultra lite here...always had issues with putting a choke hold on the club and these have helped that substantially. Also like the IOMIC grips, have a set I am putting those on as well.

Hogan GS Driver/3 wood

Hogan FT Worth 15 Irons

Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Odyssey Milled Putter

OnCore Elixir and Avant Balls

Just put another set of Lamkin Sonar midsize on my irons last night. Tacky, on the softer side, but not mushy like the CP2 I had on there. Should be good to-go for the rest of the season!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Golf Pride midsize Tour Velvet and Tour Velvet 360 for me. I've tried others, but I always come back to the TV line!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I'm using Tour Velvet +4 now.  Last set was a TV standard .580 core on a .600 shaft.  I like it a little bigger, but so far as midsized.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

On 4/9/2020 at 10:32 AM, tony@CIC said:

While I'm sold on the MCC+4's for all of my clubs, I'm tempted to try a WINN LT for my 60* since most of the time I'm choking down on it. Anyone here try the LT? 

I could be wrong, but doesn't DeChambeau use a non-tapered grip?  If so, that could be the ticket.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

Absolute Favorite - Grip Master Perf Wrap... A big $ commitment on the front end, but they last forever, and get better with age.  Unfortunately, I have a "small problem" with equipment, and buy/trade/sell  far too often to justify the investment in leather.

Favorite grips without taking out a second mortgage - Lamkin UTX... The perfect combination of tacky and traction.

Favorite from "Back in the day" - Lamkin Crossline Classic Cord (I must have been the only person that liked them)

3 minutes ago, Saluki91 said:

Absolute Favorite - Grip Master Perf Wrap... A big $ commitment on the front end, but they last forever, and get better with age.  Unfortunately, I have a "small problem" with equipment, and buy/trade/sell  far too often to justify the investment in leather.

Favorite grips without taking out a second mortgage - Lamkin UTX... The perfect combination of tacky and traction.

Favorite from "Back in the day" - Lamkin Crossline Classic Cord (I must have been the only person that liked them)

Agree on the Gripmasters.  I have the same problem with the rotating clubs.  When trading, I'll take them off and replace them with Tour Velvets.  Then put them on the new clubs.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

16 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Agree on the Gripmasters.  I have the same problem with the rotating clubs.  When trading, I'll take them off and replace them with Tour Velvets.  Then put them on the new clubs.

Please file this under "I read it on the internet, so it must be true"...

Years ago, I read a post by a very reputable club builder (may have been Dana Upshaw, but I can't swear to that...) on a now defunct forum (GEA) that warned against blowing Grip Master wraps on and off with compressed air.  The reasoning (as I recall) was that the wrap constricted the underlisting to the point that air would damage the rubber, leather, or both.  Given that information, I have always used tape and solvent when installing my leather wraps.

I have removed Grip Masters with a Golfsmith blade-style remover, and I don't enjoy it.  It is very easy to stretch the wrap loose, and I worry about excessive solvent taking the tack out of the leather.

Do you use a blade to remove yours, or have you been successful with compressed air?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Saluki91 said:

Please file this under "I read it on the internet, so it must be true"...

Years ago, I read a post by a very reputable club builder (may have been Dana Upshaw, but I can't swear to that...) on a now defunct forum (GEA) that warned against blowing Grip Master wraps on and off with compressed air.  The reasoning (as I recall) was that the wrap constricted the underlisting to the point that air would damage the rubber, leather, or both.  Given that information, I have always used tape and solvent when installing my leather wraps.

I have removed Grip Masters with a Golfsmith blade-style remover, and I don't enjoy it.  It is very easy to stretch the wrap loose, and I worry about excessive solvent taking the tack out of the leather.

Do you use a blade to remove yours, or have you been successful with compressed air?

Thanks!

I have been successful taking them off with air about 90% of the time.  When that doesn't work, I have one of those metal rods that you use to make a little gap and insert some V&P Naptha and do it manually.  That sucks.  I've not blown one apart.  Note: When installing, I use painters tape and V&M Naptha.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

2 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I have been successful taking them off with air about 90% of the time.  When that doesn't work, I have one of those metal rods that you use to make a little gap and insert some V&P Naptha and do it manually.  That sucks.  I've not blown one apart.  Note: When installing, I use painters tape and V&M Naptha.

Thanks!  I have one set of Perf Warps left, and I'll try them with air when my current grips wear out.

Stay healthy and safe!

Used to be into the Pure Pros, liked them quite a bit.  But when there's a bit of moisture involved, not so good.  Have been using Crosslines or Star Grip Sidewinders the last couple years.

Going to try testing leather again.  I tend to run on the warm side and we get our share of gulf coast humidity every summer (just not as constant as they get).  Bought a GripMaster Roo that I've put on a SW, and have a couple Best Grips Microperfs that I'll be testing on a couple irons.  Used the SW w/Roo this past weekend, with success.  My leather attempt in the past, I found the grips were a bit slick in the cool/dry Minnesota fall.  The Roo showed no signs of that, in mid-40s temps.  

If I can bring myself to play a single set (yeah, that'll happen), I'll probably put one form of leather grips on them...

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 4/6/2020 at 4:45 AM, juspoole said:

Multicompound New Decade Midsize +4 for me.  I don't have to regrip near as often and they give great grip throughout the shot.  Not much vibration dampening, but that isn't really anything I'm am looking for anyhow.

I worked at a golf shop and these were by far out best seller. Biggest selling point was how well they held up in any condition! People would also come in with those grips wore out and they said they've had them for a few years. In my opinion, best choice for a grip.

Another vote here for MCC +4. Easily the best grip I've had. 

Ping G410 Plus 9 degree - Ventus Blue 7x

Titleist TS3 Hybrid 19 degree - Tour AD 105x

Taylormade P790 3 Iron - Dynamic Gold x100

Mizuno MP-20 4-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 (4-8) s400 (9-PW)

Callaway Jaws 50,56 degree - Dynamic Gold s400

Callaway PM grind 60 degree- Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

Taylormade Spider-X 

Titleist AVX

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 9:08 PM, Saluki91 said:

I have been installing mine using blue painters tape, light soap solution and air. If I decide to change shafts/clubs, I just blow them off and reinstall on the new ones.

BT

On 4/21/2020 at 3:01 PM, NRJyzr said:

Used to be into the Pure Pros, liked them quite a bit.  But when there's a bit of moisture involved, not so good.  Have been using Crosslines or Star Grip Sidewinders the last couple years.

Going to try testing leather again.  I tend to run on the warm side and we get our share of gulf coast humidity every summer (just not as constant as they get).  Bought a GripMaster Roo that I've put on a SW, and have a couple Best Grips Microperfs that I'll be testing on a couple irons.  Used the SW w/Roo this past weekend, with success.  My leather attempt in the past, I found the grips were a bit slick in the cool/dry Minnesota fall.  The Roo showed no signs of that, in mid-40s temps.  

If I can bring myself to play a single set (yeah, that'll happen), I'll probably put one form of leather grips on them...

Be interested to hear what you think.  I just ordered a couple Grip Master wraps to try, its my first time trying leather grips.  I like a round grip so I was a little Leary about ordering Best Grips, but I have heard the seam isn't very noticable

Ping G425 LST 10.5* - Rogue White 130

Ping G425 LST 14.5 - Rogue White 130

TaylorMade SIM 19* Tensei Pro White

Srixon ZX5 4&5 iron Modus 120

Srixon ZX7 6-AW Modus 120

Vokey SM8 54* 60* Modus 125 wedge

EvnRoll ER5B

Golf Pride Jumbo Tour Wraps on Irons

MCC +4 on wedges, like cciciora13 comment above, like the extra wrap at the bottom of the grip. .

Tried the Winn Dri-Tac WRAP Jumbo's, however after the first rain, took grips off and went back to Golf pride Tour Wraps.   Winn Grips became slippery when wet! 

On 4/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, cciciora13 said:

I love the multicompound MCC plus 4 grips. Those extra wraps on my bottom hand just help me relax my grip.

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Currently using GripMaster Kidd's... tacky and durable.  

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Lamkin Crossline for me ... Switched from tour velvet Golf Pride... Cant go wrong either way !!!

Golf In the morning, Golf at Noon and Golf in the Evening !!

I used to be dedicated to Winn Dri-Tacs, but then my new Mizuno irons came with Golf Pride MCC New Decade's and I have become a HUGE fan of them.  Gonna end up putting them on the Vokeys I just got and my woods when I re-grip this winter.  Might try the MCC Plus4 and see what they're all about.  Anyone try them and like them?

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

25 minutes ago, chadwzimm said:

I used to be dedicated to Winn Dri-Tacs, but then my new Mizuno irons came with Golf Pride MCC New Decade's and I have become a HUGE fan of them.  Gonna end up putting them on the Vokeys I just got and my woods when I re-grip this winter.  Might try the MCC Plus4 and see what they're all about.  Anyone try them and like them?

Mcc+4 or nothing 

I’ve had a number of rounds with the Lamkin Sonar now. I can see staying with these for quite some time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

One thing I don't like about trying clubs is that seemingly every grip is a standard grip.  I switched to Golf Pride Tour Velvet Jumbo about 7 years ago in my wedges to help take my wrists out of the swing on chips and get away from the yips, and liked it so much that I changed all of my clubs to the jumbo grip.  I wear a M/L glove so I don't have huge hands, but I also use a double overlap grip (right pinkie and ring overlap the left).  There was a brief adjustment period, but I didn't lose any distance and my game got much more consistent.

I also converted my 70 year old dad a few years ago and it's helped both his swing and his joints a ton.

Most people that I've talked to have never tried a different sized grip, so I would recommend taking an old wedge or short iron from an old set and getting a bigger grip to see how it hits on the range and on the practice green.  I'd also be interested in trying the jumbo max grips on a spare club to see how they feel, but I don't see myself ever going back to standard or mid-sized grip.

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

I jumped on the plus4 bandwagon a few seasons ago. Feel as though I lost a bunch of feel and tempo when I did. Went back to the standard golf pride mcc and love it. I still have the plus4 in my 3wood only because I haven't had the time to get it regripped during all the covid closures and I immediately feel it anytime I grab the club. 

GP MCCs here.  (No plus 4...not a fan.)

I played Winn Dri-Tac for a long time and really liked them; felt like they held their tackiness well.  But, they seemed to wear out pretty quick.  Then I went to the Lamkin UTX Wrap, which I felt was significantly superior to the standard UTX.

Now, MCCs all around, with the exception of Super Stroke grips on my 54 and 58...want something a little softer for feel.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I am currently going through a period of questioning what the right grip and grip size is for me. Pondering going back to undersized grips, which I had used for a short period of time.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4