TESTERS WANTED! ×

What’s your favorite grip?

scanepa

33 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I am currently going through a period of questioning what the right grip and grip size is for me. Pondering going back to undersized grips, which I had used for a short period of time.

I've gone bigger. Never considered going smaller to undersized. Why the change? And how do you hold the club?

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

12 hours ago, golfingbrock said:

I've gone bigger. Never considered going smaller to undersized. Why the change? And how do you hold the club?

I previously was holding the grip incorrectly which was causing my left palm to come off at the top of the swing and then causing me to regrip on the downswing, which caused all sorts of bad shots. Now that I have been focused on fixing that, I have been thinking more about how the grip feels in my hand. A standard grip on a .610 shaft feels slightly big for me.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 5/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, dlow206 said:

I previously was holding the grip incorrectly which was causing my left palm to come off at the top of the swing and then causing me to regrip on the downswing, which caused all sorts of bad shots. Now that I have been focused on fixing that, I have been thinking more about how the grip feels in my hand. A standard grip on a .610 shaft feels slightly big for me.

Interesting. Definitely not a one size fits all problem but find the best grip to optimize your swing. I use jumbo grips with double overlap but on have ML hands, and I've gotten it to work.

My last 2 rounds I played without a glove, the first time by accident, and then this morning on purpose and they were some of my best ball striking rounds in awhile. Think I'll start going without a glove from now on and hopefully toughen up my hands a bit too.

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

2 hours ago, golfingbrock said:

Interesting. Definitely not a one size fits all problem but find the best grip to optimize your swing. I use jumbo grips with double overlap but on have ML hands, and I've gotten it to work.

My last 2 rounds I played without a glove, the first time by accident, and then this morning on purpose and they were some of my best ball striking rounds in awhile. Think I'll start going without a glove from now on and hopefully toughen up my hands a bit too.

I swapped out my Tour Velvet standard size last night and put on a undersized MCC plus 4. For me, it was the top hand on the standard size that felt a little big previously.

Changing that plus holding the grip more firmly completely cured my snap hooks. Only 1 snap hook throughout 18 holes when previously I could snap hook every tee shot the entire round.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

New decade stretched or tour velvet stretched. I have an XL glove, but lose like 10 yards and consistency if I don't play undersized.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

On 5/31/2020 at 3:18 PM, dlow206 said:

I swapped out my Tour Velvet standard size last night and put on a undersized MCC plus 4. For me, it was the top hand on the standard size that felt a little big previously.

Changing that plus holding the grip more firmly completely cured my snap hooks. Only 1 snap hook throughout 18 holes when previously I could snap hook every tee shot the entire round.

I use undersize grip in irons and midsize in driver for this exact reason. It works!

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

I was a Winn Dri Tac fan for a few years but they wore out to fast.  I switched over to GolfPride CP2 Pro and like them a lot. I use midsize due to having long fingers. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag