Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Golf Season

LeftyHawk

As I sit here I can't help but be a little miffed. I understand the whole stay at home thing with this pandemic, it's some serious s**t. But with spring coming on and with the work I've done on my game, my clubs over the past 5 years I was really looking forward to a stellar season. I know there's courses in other states open, but I just can't justify traveling during this time for a round of golf.

I've spent countless hours reading and trying to understanding my swing mechanics and how it relates to my clubs and their performance. Ball contact, ball flight, Loft, lie, grips, the list could go on. Not that I'm ready for the tour or anything, it's just I was really looking forward to getting even with Mr. Par. Slugging balls into a net is only so good for so long.

As I have more days behind me than I have in front I was really looking forward to this season. Well, with any kind of luck we may get in a month or two before old man winter returns.

Thanks for letting me rant........

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

Soon...paitence. We're all in this together.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I feel your pain, I have spent more time on my game this past winter than in any 10 years combined.. I am feeling like this was the year... Snow starting to melt, temps warming up.

I am trying not to be a selfish child.. but Ill admit it that I dont always do a great job of it.

Anyway , we need to keep on “flattening the curve” so we can get back out there and Hit Bombs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

24 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Anyway , we need to keep on “flattening the curve” so we can get back out there and Hit Bombs.

Absolutely !!!!

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

Many of us will have a shortened 2020 golf season and that's tough on us die-hard golfers. But it's just a game for us... a diversion from the rest of our daily lives.  In addition to the millions without work struggling to get through this, imagine what athletes that trained for the last 4 years to compete in this year's Olympics feel.  Some may not get their chance to compete at all next year.  What happens if the Masters is canceled this year?  Even if it is only postponed, will they still have the Drive, Chip and Putt for the kids?  If not, some of those kids won't be eligible next year.  Same with the Augusta National Women's Amateur.  Some men's amateur champions may likely pass up the Masters to turn pro.  Some of these sacrifices are greater than others, but our shortened 2020 golf season doesn't even begin to compare. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”