Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mizuno M Craft Putters

Titleist87

I think the M craft are as nice a putter you can get at retail as there is. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just put the M Craft 3 in the bag, 

Its been a while since I have had a Mizuno putter. The feel is great. 

Last Mizuno putter I had was one of the TP Mills collaborations.

Opted for the white satin finish, just a nice putter,  period.

And on the course today, the performance was just impressive.

I like this putter better than the new generation Scotty's for 2021, they were in comparison before my purchase. Value and feel went to Mizuno. 

Edited by Puttingmatt

My whole bag is Mizuno and I am a massive fan, however, I have to say, I was very disappointed with the putters.  I only tried them in the shop a couple of weeks ago and I so wanted to love them, I just didn't.  Did any one else take time to get a feel for them?  I plan to invest in a Lajosi, however, I would still like to add an MCraft to the stable...

6 minutes ago, The Nug said:

My whole bag is Mizuno and I am a massive fan, however, I have to say, I was very disappointed with the putters.  I only tried them in the shop a couple of weeks ago and I so wanted to love them, I just didn't.  Did any one else take time to get a feel for them?  I plan to invest in a Lajosi, however, I would still like to add an MCraft to the stable...

I found the changeable weights really made a difference. Had an M Craft I and still have an MCraft II - both feel much better with the 3gg weights (345g head weight) as opposed to with the 8g weights (355g head weight). 

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

sorry pulling up this old thread. I have been gaming the M Craft 3 for the past year now and im really struggling with the slower winter greens in the UK. im literally pulling up 7/8 feet short on the longer putts. Ive lost confidence in the putter recently since being told that actually i have more of an arc in my putting stroke, and reading that maybe i should put a heavier weight in the toe to compensate. also had the grip changed from the stoke thin grip to superstroke 3.0 thicker grip. 

any suggestions or advice? change the weights back to even and just trust that ill deliver the club face square? changing back to a thinner grip?

maybe i should focus less on the putter and maybe have another couple of putting lessons?!! 

Edited by Raz1987

3 hours ago, Raz1987 said:

sorry pulling up this old thread. I have been gaming the M Craft 3 for the past year now and im really struggling with the slower winter greens in the UK. im literally pulling up 7/8 feet short on the longer putts. Ive lost confidence in the putter recently since being told that actually i have more of an arc in my putting stroke, and reading that maybe i should put a heavier weight in the toe to compensate. also had the grip changed from the stoke thin grip to superstroke 3.0 thicker grip. 

any suggestions or advice? change the weights back to even and just trust that ill deliver the club face square? changing back to a thinner grip?

maybe i should focus less on the putter and maybe have another couple of putting lessons?!! 

My opinion:

1.  The putter was fine until someone told you about something not related to the putter or how you should putt.  
2. Green speeds have changed and you are struggling to adapt to them.  Green speeds change form hole to hole, course to course, and season to season.  Learn how to adapt.  

3. you changed the grip for some reason that wasn’t mentioned. Change it back to what was working  

if you were happy with the performance you had before the season change, don’t change anything.   The only thing that needed to do is calibrate  your internal distance control mechanism that the ball need to have higher ball speed.  On your summer greens what do you change when you have to hit a 20 foot putt vs a 10 foot putt?  You should be doing this calibration before every round!

As a side note, if you werent performing well with the putter prior to these changes, then maybe a putter tweak, putter fitting,  and/or lessons may be warranted. 

Summarizing my opinion, the putter is fine, the problem is between your ears and thinking you need to change something about the putter.   If you want to analyze you performance with this putter you need to provide performance data from different putt lengths.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

My opinion:

1.  The putter was fine until someone told you about something not related to the putter or how you should putt.  
2. Green speeds have changed and you are struggling to adapt to them.  Green speeds change form hole to hole, course to course, and season to season.  Learn how to adapt.  

3. you changed the grip for some reason that wasn’t mentioned. Change it back to what was working  

if you were happy with the performance you had before the season change, don’t change anything.   The only thing that needed to do is calibrate  your internal distance control mechanism that the ball need to have higher ball speed.  On your summer greens what do you change when you have to hit a 20 foot putt vs a 10 foot putt?  You should be doing this calibration before every round!

As a side note, if you werent performing well with the putter prior to these changes, then maybe a putter tweak, putter fitting,  and/or lessons may be warranted. 

Summarizing my opinion, the putter is fine, the problem is between your ears and thinking you need to change something about the putter.   If you want to analyze you performance with this putter you need to provide performance data from different putt lengths.  

Thanks dude great insight. 
you can probably tell but im a 29 handicap.

grip was changed because it just felt more comfortable in the hand, but I feel at sacrifice of feel which maybe has also contributed to the swing path ‘adjustments’ to the putter. 
but no I agree all in all perhaps a lot of it is just in my head rather than in my hands. 
I also have a lot to learn for adapting to different green speeds. 

22 minutes ago, Raz1987 said:

Thanks dude great insight. 
you can probably tell but im a 29 handicap.

grip was changed because it just felt more comfortable in the hand, but I feel at sacrifice of feel which maybe has also contributed to the swing path ‘adjustments’ to the putter. 
but no I agree all in all perhaps a lot of it is just in my head rather than in my hands. 
I also have a lot to learn for adapting to different green speeds. 

You changed the grip so now you have to get used to the new feel.   The grip change generally won’t change the path but could change rotation which impacts start line.  All stroke paths; some more than others, unless you intentionally manipulate the stroke to be straight….which is bad thing.  Speed is an important aspect in putting and learning how to adapt is a skill that we all practice whether you are a 29 or a 5.   

just focus on: can you start the ball on your chosen line? Can you roll it the desired speed? Did you pick the right line?   Looking at these things will help,you figure out what to practice.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 months later...