Best Bang for the Buck - Around $300

Our Sponsors

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick glance at Golf Discount I saw both the Cobra F8 and F9 and Ping G400 and G400 SFT all at or below $300. I can't say I've ever hit the Cobras, but they have a pretty good reputation here o

Several come to mind from 2019 1) Cobra F9 (seen it nationally at $249) Great ball speed and good forgiveness. Also with you swing speed, keeping spin down is probably an issue. Cobra spins

Man, if you go with drivers from previous years, almost everything is in-play. G400 Max has been the straightest driver I’ve played in the last few years, but spin was a little high, and I didn’t get

If you're jonesing to get one right away, I'd think the Cobra F9 is the way to go. world wide golf has them for $240 shipped from Cobra, but shafts are limited. If you can wait, try to get even a basic fitting for a previous year model. Srixons are down to $299 for both models. If going the eBay route, just check that the seller is reputable. 

• Like 1
What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Accra TZ5 Proto 65 M5 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I ended up ordering the Cobra F9 (for $229, I don't mind using last year's model for $200 less than the current version that may or may not be any better). It's supposed to get here on Friday, and golf courses here are opening the same day. Unfortunately, driving ranges are not allowed to open, so it will be tough to get a feel for it, and league starts on Monday. It looks like I'll be sticking with the RBZ Stage 2 for a little longer, unless the F9 manages to impress me in a very limited sample. Also, it's supposed to be under 50 degrees here Friday and Saturday. I don't think I want to try hitting a new driver when it's that cold. I play softball and most high-tech bats recommend not using them in colder temperatures and will void their warranty if you do.

Does anyone have any experience with the  "Cobra Connect"/ARCCOS app? Is this a gimmick, or is it worthwhile?

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll post a followup once I have a chance to play it for a little while.

Thanks,

Mick

• Like 2

Titleist AP2 718 - AMT White S300 Shafts, Standard Length and Lie

Rocketballz RBZ Stage 2 - 10.5 degrees, Stiff 60g Fujikura Rocketfuel Shaft

Right Handed

Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Handicap - 7.8

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I ended up ordering the Cobra F9 (for $229, I don't mind using last year's model for $200 less than the current version that may or may not be any better). It's supposed to get here on Friday, and golf courses here are opening the same day. Unfortunately, driving ranges are not allowed to open, so it will be tough to get a feel for it, and league starts on Monday. It looks like I'll be sticking with the RBZ Stage 2 for a little longer, unless the F9 manages to impress me in a very limited sample. Also, it's supposed to be under 50 degrees here Friday and Saturday. I don't think I want to try hitting a new driver when it's that cold. I play softball and most high-tech bats recommend not using them in colder temperatures and will void their warranty if you do.
Does anyone have any experience with the  "Cobra Connect"/ARCCOS app? Is this a gimmick, or is it worthwhile?
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll post a followup once I have a chance to play it for a little while.
Thanks,
Mick

I’ve got one round under my belt using arccos and I think I’m already loving it. I usually have my phone in my
Pocket anyway and I really like the stats the system produces. You can read reviews on just arccos as then regular retail, cobra, and ping options are really the same thing.

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

On 4/21/2020 at 11:12 AM, Micklars said:

Thanks,

Mick

Congrats on the purchase !

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r