Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

WITB – Will o'the Glen

I like reading this section of the Forum because it is pretty amazing what a variety of golf gear people use! I am old-school, and kind of a pennypincher, as evidenced by my gear list:

Driver – 2007 Callaway Big Bertha Ti454, 10˚ loft, Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue (stiff) shaft. Bought it NOS through eBay from a golf shop in Dallas as a backup to my stock-shaft BB Ti454 (also an eBay purchase), but have swapped it into my bag, and am keeping the stocker as a backup.

Fairways – 2007 Big Bertha 3W, 5W. Good matches for my driver. Bought NOS through eBay.

Hybrid – Taylormade Burner Superfast 24˚ (5H), stack shaft. Got this with the 4H as a 30-year service award from my company.

Irons – Bridgestone J40 DP cavity backs 5 – PW, Project X 5.0 Flighted Rifle shafts. on in an online contest from the Colonial tournament in 2011. Same clubs that Fred Couples uses, though given the relative qualities of his swing and mine, I wonder why I play them!

Wedges:

Hogan Riviera 50˚ GW – bought used through eBay. Kind of worn, but I like the bounce, and I love old Hogan clubs. I am very consistent with this club, and have resisted chaniging it for something newer, even though someone once told me that it she be hanging over my fireplace instead of in my golf bag.

Cleveland RTX4 56˚/10 MID SW – Newest club in my bag, a test club that I liked well enough to swap it in to replace a Miura 1957 K-Grind SW, also a test club. The texturing between the grooves really helps in getting a lot of backspin on the ball.

Hogan Sureout 6006 LW – Another NOS purchase through eBay several years ago. Wide, smooth sole makes this a sweet club off of tight lies. Glides over sand, and low bounce makes it easy to open the face for mortar-bomb flop shots when necessary.

Putter – I switch off between an old Tight Lies Anser-style blade ($17 on eBay) and a four0year-old Odyssey Tank Cruiser blade (35-year service award from work). Both are bent to 79˚ upright (USGA limit). I have added a 30-gram counterweight in the conventional Winn putter grip on the Tight Lies, and a 50-gram weight to the Odyssey (for its greater head weight) in an Odyssey conventional grip, along with 10-gram/20-gram toe/heel weights. Counterweighting gives both putter great balance. 

Would love to see some photos. I love this part of the forum over all others.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe