TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson Staff Infinite Line - Thoughts?

AGutierrez7

So I just finished reading the "Best Blade Putters for 2020" that was just published by MyGolfSpy, and was just wondering about your guys thoughts on the Wilson Staff Infinite line that was involved in the testing (the West Loop and Windy City models). I currently game an Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball and was considering trying out a blade putter instead (also my birthday is in two days so I figured it could be an early gift to myself 🤑). If anyone currently games one or has tested them in the past, I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Thanks in advance.

Edited by AGutierrez7

Most Recent Testing: :Sub70: 949x PRO Hybrid 

In my  :callaway-small: 2019 X-Cart Bag :  

:taylormade-small: M3 10.5* (TENSEI Blue 6R)

:benhogan-small: GS53 3W 14* (Review)

:mizuno-small: CLK 2017 4H 22* 

:taylormade-small: M6 Irons 4-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

AW, SW: :Sub70: Forged Satin 48*, 54* 

LW::vokey-small: SM6 60*

:wilson_staff_small:  Infinite Putter Michigan Ave 34"

:bridgestone-small: e6  

Current Tech:

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Rangefinder

:skycaddie: LX5 GPS Smartwatch (Review)

Honestly I love the line. For a putter that is priced where it is, they have good feel and are just solid overall. Nice grip and visuals overall too.

A good variety of shapes and options that make them best bang for your buck I would say.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Nothing wrong with the line;  they all feel pretty good and roll the ball well.   Wilson has a tendency to put a lot of sight lines on their putters so if don't like that they may not be for you.   I also hated the stock grip;  too much taper and too big in the top hand.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Honestly I love the line. For a putter that is priced where it is, they have good feel and are just solid overall. Nice grip and visuals overall too.

A good variety of shapes and options that make them best bang for your buck I would say.

That's good to hear, my thoughts were aligned similarly. The price line is really hard to beat so I wondered if quality was not completely there. Good to hear your thoughts, thanks. 

:taylormade-small: M6 Irons 4-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

Current Tech:

I checked it out as well, only comes in 34” and 35”......and it has a counterbalance in the grip.

As for me, I am a 33” putter guy........

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

They feel hard with the tp5 pix balls that golftown had down on the putting greens compared to most other milled face putters. A lot of that could be adjusted through ball I imagine. Check out last years most wanted results. Same putters didn’t do nearly as well in 2019. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I've got an Infinite South Side from a few years ago, very nice weighting and feel. Stock grip was no good, so I swapped it out with a Winn Pistol. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

MGS testing is guilty of exposing great gear that otherwise would go under the radar. For $99 you can’t go wrong when the results speak for themselves.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Topic is mostly about Wilson Infinite line anybody have opinions on the Tommy  Armour Inpact #3?

It is a decent putter. People that have purchased seem to like. I prefer the higher end milled putters that TA our out this year. During most wanted testing
It performed well for me. Not the best and not the worst.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I gamed the Windy City for 2 seasons before I was able to snag a TA3. I gamed the TA3 for the second half of last season and really appreciated it inside of 15'. I felt the roll was true when you hit it properly. The TA3 is best for a straight back-straight through putting stroke and probably why I do well with it inside of 15' but not so great with lag putting.

Right now I am practicing with them both on my 11' roll out mat in the basement and am seeing improvements with the Windy City. I think that the ball comes off the face of the Windy City a little more hot compared to the TA3, but I don't have any hard data to back up that observation.

I like that the Windy City comes with a slightly oversized grip as the standard grip. On days where I feel my hands are getting in the way, I use the Windy City and help get my hands quiet so I can focus on just rocking my shoulders.

If you want any more info, I'm rolling lots of putts in my basement right now so I can try a bunch of different stuff (within 11') for you and let you know the results. 

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

The Infinite line is interesting for me.  They look to be an amazing value, especially for a milled putter.  Ive never used an Infinite but I have played the Harmonized putters in the past.  The Harmonized is a whole different ball game though and is much more of a, "cheap" putter than these seem to be.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

53 minutes ago, palvord said:

I gamed the Windy City for 2 seasons before I was able to snag a TA3. I gamed the TA3 for the second half of last season and really appreciated it inside of 15'. I felt the roll was true when you hit it properly. The TA3 is best for a straight back-straight through putting stroke and probably why I do well with it inside of 15' but not so great with lag putting.

Right now I am practicing with them both on my 11' roll out mat in the basement and am seeing improvements with the Windy City. I think that the ball comes off the face of the Windy City a little more hot compared to the TA3, but I don't have any hard data to back up that observation.

I like that the Windy City comes with a slightly oversized grip as the standard grip. On days where I feel my hands are getting in the way, I use the Windy City and help get my hands quiet so I can focus on just rocking my shoulders.

If you want any more info, I'm rolling lots of putts in my basement right now so I can try a bunch of different stuff (within 11') for you and let you know the results. 

I have not had much experience with oversized grips and I currently game a standard grip. It would be interesting to see how the feel is with the oversized grip on the Wilson Staff putters. If you could vary putts within that range and note any differences in the two that would be great. I would like to know how your confidence in different lengths of putts vary from putter to putter if it varies at all. Thanks. 

Current Tech:

11 minutes ago, AGutierrez7 said:

I have not had much experience with oversized grips and I currently game a standard grip. It would be interesting to see how the feel is with the oversized grip on the Wilson Staff putters. If you could vary putts within that range and note any differences in the two that would be great. I would like to know how your confidence in different lengths of putts vary from putter to putter if it varies at all. Thanks. 

Will do. I can have some rough data and thoughts for you by the end of the week.

@AGutierrez7: You asked, and here are my incredibly non-scientific results of my testing of the TA3 against the Wilson Infinite Windy City.

There are extreme differences between each putter that could make you lean one way or the other just based on preferences:

Putter: TA3 Windy City
Shape: Mallet Blade
Length: 34" 35"
Balancing: N.A Counter Balance
Grip Size: Regular Oversize
Aim Lines: 1 3

As I mentioned earlier, the ball seems to come off the face of the Windy City more "hot." That could be perception and not reality and perhaps influenced by the way the putter has more weight in the grip to create the Counter Balance.

My mini experiment was hitting 25 putts with each putter from both 5' and 10' on my roll out mat in the basement for a total of 75 putts from each distance with each putter. I would hit sets of 5 putts from the two distances rotating putters and distance. I would also hit the sets of 5 at varying times throughout the day to try and make the experiment a little more random.

Putter TA3 Windy City
Tuesday 5' 20/25 - 80% 18/25 - 72%
Tuesday 10' 5/25 - 20% 7/25 - 28%

Wednesday 5' 21/25 - 84% 20/25 - 80%
Wednesday 10' 11/25 - 44% 12/25 - 48%

Thursday 5' 21/25 - 84% 19/25 - 76%
Thursday 10' 12/25 - 48% 10/25 - 40%

Total 5' 62/75 - 82.6%  57/75 - 76%
Total 10' 28/75 - 37.3%  29/75 - 38.6%

Total  90/150 - 60% 86/150 - 57.3%

During this short experiment the TA3 was better by five putts at the 5' distance and the Windy City was better by one putt at the 10' distance.

For some context, here are my putting stats from Arccos to help you see what kind of a putter I was last season with the TA3 for the majority of the year:

Putting 2'.PNG

Putting 2-10'.PNG

Putting 10-20'.PNG

Putting 20-30'.PNG

If any of the stats are confusing, let me know. I can try to clarify.

I did learn that on most of my misses with both putters, I turn the putter face to the left at contact rather keeping the face square through contact so now I have something to focus on in my practice.

If I do golf this season, I will game the TA3. The data points to it being better, as well as the comfort level I have developed with it in my hands. I don't have anything bad to say about the Windy City. I think it is a good putter, and would be happy to have that as my gamer if need be. 

I hope this little review helps you. If you want any other information, let me know.

1 hour ago, palvord said:

@AGutierrez7: You asked, and here are my incredibly non-scientific results of my testing of the TA3 against the Wilson Infinite Windy City.

There are extreme differences between each putter that could make you lean one way or the other just based on preferences:

Putter: TA3 Windy City
Shape: Mallet Blade
Length: 34" 35"
Balancing: N.A Counter Balance
Grip Size: Regular Oversize
Aim Lines: 1 3

As I mentioned earlier, the ball seems to come off the face of the Windy City more "hot." That could be perception and not reality and perhaps influenced by the way the putter has more weight in the grip to create the Counter Balance.

My mini experiment was hitting 25 putts with each putter from both 5' and 10' on my roll out mat in the basement for a total of 75 putts from each distance with each putter. I would hit sets of 5 putts from the two distances rotating putters and distance. I would also hit the sets of 5 at varying times throughout the day to try and make the experiment a little more random.

Putter TA3 Windy City
Tuesday 5' 20/25 - 80% 18/25 - 72%
Tuesday 10' 5/25 - 20% 7/25 - 28%

Wednesday 5' 21/25 - 84% 20/25 - 80%
Wednesday 10' 11/25 - 44% 12/25 - 48%

Thursday 5' 21/25 - 84% 19/25 - 76%
Thursday 10' 12/25 - 48% 10/25 - 40%

Total 5' 62/75 - 82.6%  57/75 - 76%
Total 10' 28/75 - 37.3%  29/75 - 38.6%

Total  90/150 - 60% 86/150 - 57.3%

During this short experiment the TA3 was better by five putts at the 5' distance and the Windy City was better by one putt at the 10' distance.

For some context, here are my putting stats from Arccos to help you see what kind of a putter I was last season with the TA3 for the majority of the year:

Putting 2'.PNG

Putting 2-10'.PNG

Putting 10-20'.PNG

Putting 20-30'.PNG

If any of the stats are confusing, let me know. I can try to clarify.

I did learn that on most of my misses with both putters, I turn the putter face to the left at contact rather keeping the face square through contact so now I have something to focus on in my practice.

If I do golf this season, I will game the TA3. The data points to it being better, as well as the comfort level I have developed with it in my hands. I don't have anything bad to say about the Windy City. I think it is a good putter, and would be happy to have that as my gamer if need be. 

I hope this little review helps you. If you want any other information, let me know.

First off, that's is some fantastic data and I really appreciate you taking the time to put this together. From your stats it looks like you have a really solid putting game (66% from 10' to 20' WOW). It was interesting to see how well the Windy City was able to keep up with your TA3, considering you played the majority of last season with the TA3. I'm also curious what kind of putting stroke you have as that may explain part of the results. Also with the putter length differences, could you feel any sort of variance (feel, etc) between the two? Again, I really appreciate you taking your time to do this. Great little experiment that was extremely helpful for me. 

Current Tech:

42 minutes ago, AGutierrez7 said:

First off, that's is some fantastic data and I really appreciate you taking the time to put this together. From your stats it looks like you have a really solid putting game (66% from 10' to 20' WOW). It was interesting to see how well the Windy City was able to keep up with your TA3, considering you played the majority of last season with the TA3. I'm also curious what kind of putting stroke you have as that may explain part of the results. Also with the putter length differences, could you feel any sort of variance (feel, etc) between the two? Again, I really appreciate you taking your time to do this. Great little experiment that was extremely helpful for me. 

You're welcome. I'm happy to hear this was helpful for you. 

I'm not surprised that the "battle" was close between the two putters. I used the Windy City all of 2018 and a little bit of the start of 2019.

Data is weird sometimes. I would not describe myself as a "good" putter.  I would describe myself as a consistent two putter. The data was a little surprising to see that high of a make % from 10-20'.

My putting stroke, I try to have a straight back-straight through type of style. I try to rock my shoulders to make this happen and keep my hands and wrists along for the ride. My miss comes from either turning the face open at contact most of the time, or having the path come more inside. In this experiment, I would say 75% of my misses were left of the cup due to the open face and 25% were yanked right with the club face coming across my intended path to the inside.

The difference in height didn't really impact what I felt compared to the weight distribution with the counter balance weight that is in the grip of the Windy City. The feel of more of weight that high up the club compared to the TA3 plus the over sized grip made more of a difference to me in feel than the height. I grip the Windy City a little bit lower than on the TA3 so that could also eliminate any difference in feel with the height.

The only thing preventing me from considering the Infinite line is the over-use of site lines. I like one.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

The only thing preventing me from considering the Infinite line is the over-use of site lines. I like one.

I’m sure some black paint could take care of that concern if you’re into modifying your gear. I know a few threads on here show pictures of people modifying site lines to suit their needs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

2 hours ago, palvord said:

I’m sure some black paint could take care of that concern if you’re into modifying your gear. I know a few threads on here show pictures of people modifying site lines to suit their needs.

Paintfill kind of works.   Ive done it before to get naked heads,  but it is hard to exactly match the color and the lines are still somewhat visible since they are cut into the head.   

Went to their webpage to find headweight but this information is no provided. Anybody know the Windy City headweight?

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

On 4/10/2020 at 4:48 PM, Titleist87 said:

Went to their webpage to find headweight but this information is no provided. Anybody know the Windy City headweight?

Google turned up that the headweights for the entire line are either 355g or 365g pending the model, but no specifics as to which model weighs what.

Great line of putters, I've enjoyed the Windy City, Bean, and Michigan Ave models. I think the quality of the head and the feel is great but my one downside is the grip. I'm just not a fan of the fat grips, but that's an easy problem to solve. 

• Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always liked the feel of the Infinite series on the indoor carpet, but never found a head shape I was crazy about. Then “The L” came out and I was smitten. Every time I tried it at the store, it felt great and rolled better, for me, than the more expensive Scottys, Odysseys, TM Spiders, etc. Just seemed to set up right, automatically. Finally bought it last year. As usual, results on the course not as good as in the store, but not the putter’s fault. Really like the black head, zero glare, frames the ball beautifully.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried one out through u-try while I was having another putter refinished.  Liked it enough that when I returned it, I went to PGASS to try different styles.  Ended up really liking their #9 style Grant Park.  I've never really tried a #9 thinking that it had too much toe hang.  I was wrong.  Great for my stroke.  Played my first round with it Friday and putted better than I have in a LONG time.  Great distance control (which is my biggest weakness), great feel, and easy alignment.  May end up extending it 1/2", but other than that, I liked it a lot.

• 2 months later...

I have been eyeing the Bucktown model. I have been a blade putter all my life, but think I could gain from the mallet design. Was surprised by how highly the Infinite range scored. I have been looking at the fang designs and am curious about the Wilson ones. Anyone have experience with the Bucktown?

I just tied my best round this week (79) with 36 putts! It was the worst! I feel like my game is there, just need the putter to BRING ME HOME TO GLORY.

First, lessons, then, new toys. 🤪

WITB:

Callaway Rogue ST - Driver

Titleist TS2 - 4 Wood

Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54 and Cleveland RTX4 58

#ROCKCHALK

17 hours ago, Deepred said:

Try a Bucktown before you buy it. I ordered one online and was shocked at the size of the head, it’s much larger than the Grant Park model I had and the TA Impact 3 it looks like.

I just checked out the Infinite line at the local golf store and WOW. I couldnt believe how good they felt! Even the Bucktown (which had a larger head) really helped me line up the putts well and they felt GREAT coming off the face. I think I am going to invest. 

This is why I love MyGolfSpy. I would have NEVER considered Wilson Staff, but the data convinced me to try it out. Excited to have a resource like this. 

WITB:

Callaway Rogue ST - Driver

Titleist TS2 - 4 Wood

Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54 and Cleveland RTX4 58

#ROCKCHALK