AGutierrez7

Wilson Staff Infinite Line - Thoughts?

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, palvord said:

I’m sure some black paint could take care of that concern if you’re into modifying your gear. I know a few threads on here show pictures of people modifying site lines to suit their needs.

Paintfill kind of works.   Ive done it before to get naked heads,  but it is hard to exactly match the color and the lines are still somewhat visible since they are cut into the head.   

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Went to their webpage to find headweight but this information is no provided. Anybody know the Windy City headweight?

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:titelist-small: 915F Diamana

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

On 4/10/2020 at 4:48 PM, Titleist87 said:

Went to their webpage to find headweight but this information is no provided. Anybody know the Windy City headweight?

Google turned up that the headweights for the entire line are either 355g or 365g pending the model, but no specifics as to which model weighs what.

• Like 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Great line of putters, I've enjoyed the Windy City, Bean, and Michigan Ave models. I think the quality of the head and the feel is great but my one downside is the grip. I'm just not a fan of the fat grips, but that's an easy problem to solve. 

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade M3 with Tensei Blue X-stiff 60

Wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* 3 Wood with UST Elements Chrome TSPX 75FT

Hybrid or 3 iron: unknown, search underway

Irons: 4-PW Wilson Tour Blades DG Pro S300

Wedge: Wilson PMP 50, 55, 59 KBS Hi-rev 2.0

Putter: Wilson Staff 8802 milled 

Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

I have a Michigan Ave. Great putter, although the finish and grip seem to be wearing out faster than I would expect. It hasn't won a permanent spot in my bag, but it always seems to be the one I go back to when the putter of the month isn't working.

• Like 1

I always liked the feel of the Infinite series on the indoor carpet, but never found a head shape I was crazy about. Then “The L” came out and I was smitten. Every time I tried it at the store, it felt great and rolled better, for me, than the more expensive Scottys, Odysseys, TM Spiders, etc. Just seemed to set up right, automatically. Finally bought it last year. As usual, results on the course not as good as in the store, but not the putter’s fault. Really like the black head, zero glare, frames the ball beautifully.

• Like 1

Tried one out through u-try while I was having another putter refinished.  Liked it enough that when I returned it, I went to PGASS to try different styles.  Ended up really liking their #9 style Grant Park.  I've never really tried a #9 thinking that it had too much toe hang.  I was wrong.  Great for my stroke.  Played my first round with it Friday and putted better than I have in a LONG time.  Great distance control (which is my biggest weakness), great feel, and easy alignment.  May end up extending it 1/2", but other than that, I liked it a lot.

• Like 2

I have been eyeing the Bucktown model. I have been a blade putter all my life, but think I could gain from the mallet design. Was surprised by how highly the Infinite range scored. I have been looking at the fang designs and am curious about the Wilson ones. Anyone have experience with the Bucktown?

I just tied my best round this week (79) with 36 putts! It was the worst! I feel like my game is there, just need the putter to BRING ME HOME TO GLORY.

First, lessons, then, new toys. 🤪

WITB:

Callaway Rogue - D and 3W

Titleist 915H

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi Helix 3.0 54 and Taylormade Hi-Toe 58

#ROCKCHALK

Try a Bucktown before you buy it. I ordered one online and was shocked at the size of the head, it’s much larger than the Grant Park model I had and the TA Impact 3 it looks like.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Deepred said:

Try a Bucktown before you buy it. I ordered one online and was shocked at the size of the head, it’s much larger than the Grant Park model I had and the TA Impact 3 it looks like.

I just checked out the Infinite line at the local golf store and WOW. I couldnt believe how good they felt! Even the Bucktown (which had a larger head) really helped me line up the putts well and they felt GREAT coming off the face. I think I am going to invest. 

This is why I love MyGolfSpy. I would have NEVER considered Wilson Staff, but the data convinced me to try it out. Excited to have a resource like this. 

WITB:

Callaway Rogue - D and 3W

Titleist 915H

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi Helix 3.0 54 and Taylormade Hi-Toe 58

#ROCKCHALK