Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Separate Buy/sell/trade into 3 sections and clear locked items

Manimal26

Hey everyone,

I was looking to post some items for purchase and/or trading and it is difficult to see if anyone is looking to buy trade or sell. I was wondering if it would be possible to separate it into 3 subsections so it could be navigated easier. Also it would be nice if things that have been bought sold or traded could be removed as well.

Thanks!

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

• 4 months later...
On 4/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, Manimal26 said:

Hey everyone,

I was looking to post some items for purchase and/or trading and it is difficult to see if anyone is looking to buy trade or sell. I was wondering if it would be possible to separate it into 3 subsections so it could be navigated easier. Also it would be nice if things that have been bought sold or traded could be removed as well.

Thanks!

This would be a huge improvement, and make things much easier to find. 

Also, I would suggest rather than clearing old sale posts they could be moved into a 4th "folder" called Archive. The Archive section would coincide with my suggestion that all prices and price drops MUST be maintained with the listing and not deleted and replaced with $Sold as I see almost everyone does. I'm a member on other forums with classifieds sections like this and they require that the prices be maintained and it is a really useful tool in determining market value of everything. A lot of sellers are sometimes unsure where to price things at and having an archive with sale prices still showing is incredibly helpful in establishing what price you should be listing your item at. 

1 hour ago, ChitownM2 said:

This would be a huge improvement, and make things much easier to find. 

Also, I would suggest rather than clearing old sale posts they could be moved into a 4th "folder" called Archive. The Archive section would coincide with my suggestion that all prices and price drops MUST be maintained with the listing and not deleted and replaced with $Sold as I see almost everyone does. I'm a member on other forums with classifieds sections like this and they require that the prices be maintained and it is a really useful tool in determining market value of everything. A lot of sellers are sometimes unsure where to price things at and having an archive with sale prices still showing is incredibly helpful in establishing what price you should be listing your item at. 

could not agree more.... I am not a big fan of GOLFWRX but the Buy/Sell/Trade is much better organized...

55 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

could not agree more.... I am not a big fan of GOLFWRX but the Buy/Sell/Trade is much better organized...

It is, but it drives me nuts that everyone deletes the sale price of their items over there. 

I like this forum better, but I'm on their BST a lot more often as they probably have as many items posted in 2 hours as this forum gets in a week....

I honestly thought this forum might get a little bump in BST activity when that site went down for a week, but it didn't materialize.

17 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

It is, but it drives me nuts that everyone deletes the sale price of their items over there. 

I like this forum better, but I'm on their BST a lot more often as they probably have as many items posted in 2 hours as this forum gets in a week....

I honestly thought this forum might get a little bump in BST activity when that site went down for a week, but it didn't materialize.

I 100% agree that MGS > WRX... The whole MGs culture is what I like, but WRX does have a much more active BST and I have made some deals here but WRX its like the wild west lol

You seem focused on the deleting if the sale price. Leaving the price is not an indicator of the actual sales price. Most people discuss prices via PM and make agreements outside anything seem.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You seem focused on the deleting if the sale price. Leaving the price is not an indicator of the actual sales price. Most people discuss prices via PM and make agreements outside anything seem.

Sure, but it almost always ends up somewhere in the vicinity (85-90%) of the original asking price. Very rarely will someone list something for $300 and then accept $150 for it without intermediate price drops being posted. Based on the initial asking price and the elapsed time between the time it is posted and the time it sells, you can make reasonable inferences about where the price ends up.

If someone lists a set of irons for $500 and it sells within an hour you can be pretty sure they got the asking price or very very close to it. Likewise if it sits for 2 weeks and then drops to $450 and then sits another 2 weeks before selling you can bet that the price was definitely lower than $450.