TESTERS WANTED! ×

DYI Golf Scooter

I use a Zero 9 Scooter to commute to work and back and always wanted to build accessories for it, as there are hardly any.

During this COVID-19 crisis I had some time to build a platform to transport my dog and recently I converted a $5 thrift store pull trolley into a bolt on golf Accessory for my scooter.

All it took was some cutting, drilling, plumbing clamps and rubber strips. I tested it up and down the street and will take it on the course in the coming days.

Stability seems good, just getting used to the shortened foot space.

Any thoughts?

6EF35A2D-A3C0-49AA-AA83-CEFC5666E8CD.JPG

🤙

I would guess those tires aren't going to do very well on grass.  I'd be concerned with them doing damage to the fairways since they are so narrow.  Better ask the super before you take it out there.

Very cool mod though and it's always great to complete a project!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Great idea and excellent handy work.  Not sure how much I would trust the off-road capabilities of such a small wheel/tire diameter..  One sprinkler head, rut you didn't see (b/c you were looking for your ball), loose gravel, or wet grass, and your Zero 9 Scooter will result in somewhere more than Zero but less than 9 broken bones.  This is not really a time you want to end up in the hospital.

I do think an affordable single rider golf cart/vehicle with a good design that minimizes the chance of injury is a good idea though.  And in a social-distancing post-covid world, I wouldn't be surprised if demand for such a product finally reaches critical mass.  

Let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/9/2021 at 3:15 AM, gji2021 said:

Yes most courses may not allow you in as it deprives them of cart revenue. I do use my electric scooter at times though on courses that allow it. It looks like this.GT.jpg.028561b956292a891f3466d701ad8d12.jpg

I'm looking at building the same thing, but I need to check out if my course will allow the smaller wheels. Thanks for the heads up...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…