TESTERS WANTED! ×

Scratch Golf Controversy

TWShoot67

I also appreciate this site where you can honestly state your opinion right or wrong and not get thrown off the site. TW 67 I really do miss your Winners bag articles and other stats you posted. Hope to see you back soon.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and I was told the $350 price is for a wedge that is indeed hand ground by Mr. White. Not sure if the price goes down for a Jeff McCoy wedge, but he's certainly no slouch and got them where they are today...

I am assuming that is what the JDM on the back of the Scratch 60* I acquired the other week means. I am not really familuar with them per say. The wedge is marked on the back JDM/EGG. I paid a pricely sum for it $2.99 at a local Goodwill no joke. I absolutely love that thing especially the sole grind. I had to weight it up for me with lead tape but it has really peformed for me

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I am assuming that is what the JDM on the back of the Scratch 60* I acquired the other week means. I am not really familuar with them per say. The wedge is marked on the back JDM/EGG. I paid a pricely sum for it $2.99 at a local Goodwill no joke. I absolutely love that thing especially the sole grind. I had to weight it up for me with lead tape but it has really peformed for me

I can't say with absolute certainty about the JDM, but the EGG is a reference to the grind. (and a pretty good buddy of mine..) 

http://www.scratchgolf.com/tech-talk.php#grinds

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I can't say with absolute certainty about the JDM, but the EGG is a reference to the grind. (and a pretty good buddy of mine..) 

Thanks can you elaborate about the EGG all I know it is an awesome wedge

G

Thanks can you elaborate about the EGG all I know it is an awesome wedge

I know that the grind was designed and named for a buddy of mine who used to work for Scratch. Ari and Jeff both lived out here when they started the company. You would be amazed by how many Scratch wedges turn up in bags around here.

As far as the specifics of the grind and the performance features, I would refer you to the link in the post above.  It knows more than me.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

The JDM/EGG is one of the first releases of Scratch wedges.  All of their original run of wedges, in all grinds, had JDM/(grind name here) on them.  They're non-conforming, btw.  That was back when they were first starting and the JDM was put on there, basically, as a descriptor for them letting the world know that they were japanese forgings.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Thanks Rookie you answered a couple of questions for me. first off on the Japanese forging. Second about being conforming I figgured it was not I did check on the USGA website and it seemed inconclusive to me. But after playing it I sorta figgured it out It will really checks up good out of the trap oh well.

G

Hey Stu,

Great find.  Can you get me one?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey Stu,

Great find.  Can you get me one?

Got lucky on that one just about wet my pants when I saw it. Snatched it quick with a death grip trust me. Also got a neat Hogan 51* Special too.

G

Stu, where are you hunting, Goodwill, Salvation Army?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

The Goodwill next to my house. I have heard rumors that the one about 5 miles down the road in Pawleys Island is better

G

The Goodwill next to my house. I have heard rumors that the one about 5 miles down the road in Pawleys Island is better

I'll have to start checking the Goodwill in Wesley Chapel (where i live).....

Speaking of BSG, they have a new owner and Robo is a good dude.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I do not really think anything gets deleted here.  If that were the case, I know that on at least 2 occasions mine would have.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I do not really think anything gets deleted here.  If that were the case, I know that on at least 2 occasions mine would have.

I wish that were the case, or, if done, at least notice or a quiet discussion could be conducted. Unfortunately it was not the case in this instance.

I had a disagreement about the Scratch controversy with three fanboys on this board, most focused upon the ability of one grinder's ability to produce sufficient volume for the companies sales. That conversation was deleted and no notice was given.

If I am to be condemned, I would very much like to be informed.

Shambles

Archived