TESTERS WANTED! ×

Storage space as a hitting bay!

Ghost

Hey guys,

With the current situation, it has become difficult to hit the gym every day, even to go for my weekend golf practice. The facility is a pretty busy place, but it is better not to take any chance and maintain a distance from people. I don't any virus to get me! So when went through a few things, I came across a golfer using a storage unit as a hitting bay. I've seen many storage units in my area, but I've never actually heard of anyone renting a storage unit in North York for using it as a hitting bay. So has anyone here done it before? It is pretty much a crazy idea, but it wouldn't be a wicked concept, given the current lockdown situation. Or should I go just ahead with a stimulator?

What are your thoughts on this? 

Thanks!

Eesh...I'd be leery of that; you don't own the storage space, you're only renting it and who knows what the owners might do.

or, maybe I've just seen one too many episodes of Storage Wars. LOL

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

55 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hey guys,

With the current situation, it has become difficult to hit the gym every day, even to go for my weekend golf practice. The facility is a pretty busy place, but it is better not to take any chance and maintain a distance from people. I don't any virus to get me! So when went through a few things, I came across a golfer using a storage unit as a hitting bay. I've seen many storage units in my area, but I've never actually heard of anyone renting a storage unit in North York for using it as a hitting bay. So has anyone here done it before? It is pretty much a crazy idea, but it wouldn't be a wicked concept, given the current lockdown situation. Or should I go just ahead with a stimulator?

What are your thoughts on this? 

Thanks!

Definitely worth looking into (watch out for balls coming back at you 🤣). I would definitely do a price comparison (not sure how long you have to rent a space for if there is a requirement or not). I am sure cost wise will be significantly cheaper....worth an ask to the storage company so they dont think "why does this guy keep coming every day for 2 hours to his storage unit?"

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I thought about it but not sure the cost is worth the payoff. I have a storage unit and if I cleaned it out there is plenty of room to do as you stated.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges.