TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Pride's "Masters" Edition Align Grips

What do you do when you prepare a special Limited Edition "Masters" product and then the Masters doesn't happen? If you're smart, you rebrand.

That's what Golf Pride is doing today, as its releasing its special MCC Align Limited Edition "Spring" grips. Pretty much everyone has limited and/or special edition products for the Masters, as well as the other majors. Whether this was always going to be called "Spring" or if there was going to be a catchier name like "Augusta" or "First Major" or something like that, we don't know. 

print-mcc-align-first-major_front.jpg

What we do know is it's green and gold, either for the Masters or the Green Bay Packers (I'm going with the former), and they're available now on Golf Pride's website. They're standard size only, and sell for $11.49 each.

We know there are more than a few companies holding Limited Edition Masters gear (they can't use the name Masters, the boys at ANGC get very, very angry), so we can expect some quick reshuffling of the deck. 

spring-limited-edition_macro.jpg

Just another piece of COVID-19 fallout...

Are you an Align/reminder grip guy? What about special editions?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Tried these align grips. They're good but at a certain point that alignment aid gets lost and I no longer feel it.

Love the colors but I'm not going to pay an upcharge for 'special edition'.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 1:03 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Tried these align grips. They're good but at a certain point that alignment aid gets lost and I no longer feel it.

Love the colors but I'm not going to pay an upcharge for 'special edition'.

These colors are pretty sweet but the gratification will obviously go away quickly. Plus, it's not like they will last any longer than any other grips. Unless your club color matches the grip it's certainly a luxury buy (and there's nothing wrong with that once and a while) lol

Have the aligns on the Blueprints. I can’t even tell it’s there now.

I do like some special edition Masters “Spring” grips though.

A couple of years ago I had the "align" on my driver. Initially I thought it would be a perfect solution for proper alignment, however, shortly after I started using it, I didn't pay attention to the position in my hand. Ultimately I decided it wasn't worth the extra cost.

I am a big fan of MCC +4, and since I use a strong grip, when I install the grips I make sure that the alignment mark is properly positioned for the V of my hand. That to me is a more valuable visual reference than what I feel in my fingers (align grip).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The "Align" thing is brilliant marketing   Back in the day we used to call these kind of grips "ribbed", or "reminder". A lot of golfers then didn't like them.  

The Align grips do have the modern day compounds, which are nice.

Re-gripping a set of these for other people was tough to dial in, depending on a weak, neutral or strong grip.  (and everything in between) Just setting the grip with logo on the top of shaft, (rib 180 deg.)  didn't work.  The idea being to get the rib to fit in lead hand fingers with clubface in desired location.   Had to interact with the golfer, do one club, test, check, etc. Lots of work,  definitely didn't do it for the money.   

Grips are really so personal, and very much overlooked.