Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Which shaft should I choose

So I just got my hands on a used 915 F2 it came with a diamana blue s+ 70g shaft.  In the past I have not loved diamana shafts.  Anyway I was going through my golf "stuff" and found a uncut Aldila Voodoo xstiff 65g shaft.  I am wondering if you think it might work well in this 3 wood.  I dont remember very much about this shaft and havent found a ton online to use to compare them.  Unfortunately I dont have a extra Titliest tip so I cant easily test them out 🙄.  Any suggestions? 

:titelist-small: 917 D2 9.5 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g 6.5
:taylormade-small: M2 (2017) 3W 17.5 -  
:ping-small: G 4H 22 - 
:titelist-small: 735cm 3 - PW - KBS Tour Black Nickel 115g ( R )
:vokey-small: SM4 Tour Chrome 52˚- 8˚ | 56˚- 8˚ | 60˚- 7˚ - True Temper Dynamic Gold ( W )
:cameron-small: California Coronado
:Snell: 
MTB-X
:Arccos:

If you don’t care about the adjustability you can buy an adapter for $20 at The Golfworks, then test them both!

https://www.golfworks.com/the-golfworks-910-913-915-straight-fit-adaptor/p/bb9058/

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

14 minutes ago, prussell24 said:

So I just got my hands on a used 915 F2 it came with a diamana blue s+ 70g shaft.  In the past I have not loved diamana shafts.  Anyway I was going through my golf "stuff" and found a uncut Aldila Voodoo xstiff 65g shaft.  I am wondering if you think it might work well in this 3 wood.  I dont remember very much about this shaft and havent found a ton online to use to compare them.  Unfortunately I dont have a extra Titliest tip so I cant easily test them out 🙄.  Any suggestions? 

Not knowing anything about what you are trying to do,  it is impossible for us to really answer this question.  Will it work in a 3 wood...yes.   Will it work for you.....unknown.  

You can buy adapters for titleist clubs on ebay to test the shaft.   Here's one source:  https://www.dallasgolf.com/titleist-913-915-917-fairway-wood-shaft-adapter-adjustable-tip/   but they are easily found on ebay and with a basic google search.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Sorry dont know what I was thinking. I have a smooth swing with a middle to late release. swing speed is between 95 and 102 with a 3 wood. I prefer a stiff handle and my miss with driver and 3 wood is a slice to the left.

:vokey-small: SM4 Tour Chrome 52˚- 8˚ | 56˚- 8˚ | 60˚- 7˚ - True Temper Dynamic Gold ( W )
MTB-X

3 hours ago, prussell24 said:

Sorry dont know what I was thinking. I have a smooth swing with a middle to late release. swing speed is between 95 and 102 with a 3 wood. I prefer a stiff handle and my miss with driver and 3 wood is a slice to the left.

Are you a lefty? Or are you hooking the ball to the left? It’s really hard to say without knowing what is causing the miss. The general rule of thumb is softer shaft = miss left. But that rule has been broken by countless players depending on impact characteristics. The real benefit from a shaft is how it works with your strengths and dynamics to promote proper delivery of the face. If I had to go in blind I’d say the Voodoo is a better fit. But that’s a guess, actual mileage may vary. 

Just saying, shaft adapters are quick and cheap to buy/install...

Edited by zrumble
Correction

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

I think I am going to have to try both out and see which works best.  

MTB-X