TESTERS WANTED! ×

PSA - For your own sake, please don't...

6 hours ago, Jack Foster said:

Thought it would be fun to hear what makes all of you cringe on the golf course. 

Here are mine...

1) Please don't play a round of golf with iron covers, or even take them out in public for that matter

2) Please don't twirl your club after every shot; if you do, know that you're being laughed at

3) Please don't drive to an adjacent hole looking for your snap hook, and pick up a ball that isn't yours; don't be that guy. While you're doing it people are saying "ugh that idiot is definitely picking up my ball"

Everything in here is great good topic ! @cciciora13 this gets two thumbs up! Go to the greens (or equivalent to whatever course is blue/white combo) or better yet if you’re drive is 180 just go to the whites please you’re making my 3 1/2 hour round now 5.....it’s taking up my valuable drinking time 😭....

1 for me is make sure it’s your ball! Can’t stand having a good tee shot and someone from another fairway coming over and hitting it! “Just put another one down”....just make sure it’s your ball you’re hitting please....that’s why I get custom numbers and custom logo so it’s easy 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

27 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’ll use iron headcovers if I choose. I still don’t get the hatred towards this.

You spend 1000+ on a set of clubs to ride in a cart with someone that jumps over bunkers and dents the crap out of them...

Yep.

I hear ya. I guess I just don't care about a few dings in my "tools". Not worth the effort to take them off ond put them back on... to me. I take the head cover off of my driver for the entire round and put it back on when I'm done. I guess I just think that the "patina" of use is sexy?

I’ll use iron headcovers if I choose. I still don’t get the hatred towards this.

You spend 1000+ on a set of clubs to ride in a cart with someone that jumps over bunkers and dents the crap out of them...

Yep.

Same here. I use head covers, especially since our cart paths are a bit rough. But then I'm a bit fussy about everything I own - not just the clubs. Also on the course they come off quickly and go on just as fast.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Same here. I use head covers, especially since our cart paths are a bit rough. But then I'm a bit fussy about everything I own - not just the clubs. Also on the course they come off quickly and go on just as fast.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Same here. I tend to sell clubs as fast as I get them! Lol. It takes me all of 5 seconds to take the cover off and put it in my back pocket and just as little time to put it back on. If I’m playing in wet conditions, I will keep the club with me and while it down while we drive to the next shot then put it back. Plus I’m a little ocd and like to keep my stuff shiny.
On the same note, unless someone is getting extremely carried away with practice swings or talking, I tend to not worry about how long the round takes. I am there to enjoy myself and get away from the stresses of everyday life.

I have one rule when I play with someone, as long as you are respectful to me, others, and the course, go ahead and play and wear whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

For your own sake, please don't default to the golf cart 100% of the time. Try to walk when you play, if physically possible.  If you are a paired up with someone in a cart, maybe walk a few holes, walk from your approach shot to the green, walk from the green to the next tee box if it makes sense.  

If you are in the cart alone, then push it a couple of holes. (Nah, I'm kidding about this one.)

But seriously,  golf carts have become portable bar stools on wheels.   Drinks, food, music, watch footlball games on the phone, a place to and eat hot dogs and munch potato chips, pound beers, and.....

Walking from shot to shot can be liberating, a chance to reflect, blow off steam, burn off some negative energy, and maybe a chance for a quality private confab with the beer cart girl.  You got all of your clubs with you all of the time which is great, very rarely do you see a walker leave his wedge on the side of the green.

Good for heart, the waist line, albeit maybe not for the joints, got two man-made ones myself, and some modern-day courses aren't conducive for hoofing it, but when the opportunity presents itself, let's do it.

Yep.

I agree.. if I’m spending thousands on my clubs I want them to look new and not be dinged and smashed around. Plus the way I trade them in the newer they look the more value they are.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I thought this thread was going to be about having your PSA checked 🤣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I hear ya. I guess I just don't care about a few dings in my "tools". Not worth the effort to take them off ond put them back on... to me. I take the head cover off of my driver for the entire round and put it back on when I'm done. I guess I just think that the "patina" of use is sexy?

I like wear on mostly everything else. But when it comes to my golf clubs, I’m pretty particular.

For example, I purposely put coffee cups on my tables to get the ring. Prefer old beat up stuff.

Favorite look on lumber is a full blade buzz saw cut.

But you Put a dent or ding in my 2 iron and I get all bent out of shape. Haha. I do have them labeled so I’m not digging around searching for clubs
9 hours ago, jnharvey44 said:

Playing music out loud bugs me. Part of what I enjoy is just being outside without a bunch of noise.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

+1 on this.  I've noticed an uptick in folks playing music for half the course to hear... not cool.  Please be considerate of others - put some earphones in and enjoy.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

15 hours ago, cciciora13 said:

Please don't tee off from the tips if you are not even close to the skill level required to play there! LOL

I'll never understand when people do that and it only slows down play for everyone else behind that group.

My dad just finally gave up on playing from the Whites... he probably held out a year or two too long but realized he's not having fun golfing when it takes him 3 good shots to reach a par 4 now.  He already told the members in our league he's playing from the next tee's up (green in this case) this year and if they don't like it he won't play.

Being the good son that I am, I will miss teasing him after hitting his second that he's almost to my drive (I'm not really that long of a hitter), but I'll sure be happy to see him hitting more greens and having some looks at birdie.  It will also be good to see him able to get through 18 more easily again.

I read somewhere that playing the tees that gives you an average of 8 iron in on the par 4's is a good spot to be playing from.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Getting looked at like I don't belong. I grew up playing a lot of golf in a small town in ND. I golfed shirtless, shoeless, in cut-off shorts. We took our time. We had fun. If someone was taking too long we skipped to another hole. I know that this doesn't work most places, but I wish it were easier for people to just enjoy the game. I play the part as best I can when I go to courses, now. I put on my button down. I even bought golf shoes this year. But please, don't look at people like they don't belong out there.

Yeah I get frustrated when someone takes my ball. Or plays too slowly. Or plays loud music. But at the end of the day, I'm out golfing. And so are they. And I try to do my best to enjoy my game as much as I can while others enjoy it as much as they can. 

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 10.5 Stiff

Fairway wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 Stiff 

Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Steel Fiber i95 Stiff (5-PW)

Wedges: Vokey 52, 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

15 hours ago, Shankster said:

I'm with @Shankster on this. I use 'em. There .. I said it.

Anyway..... my little annoyance on the course is also watching a foursome in front of me take an agonizingly looooong time over each - and every single - putt.

That's N number of minutes X 4 players X N number of putts per player (= a whole lotta time).

And which sometimes .. inexplicably .. has to be done in a group context: like they're a team that's tied for the lead on #18 at Augusta on Sunday................ 🤷‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

21 hours ago, Jack Foster said:

Thought it would be fun to hear what makes all of you cringe on the golf course. 

Here are mine...

1) Please don't play a round of golf with iron covers, or even take them out in public for that matter

2) Please don't twirl your club after every shot; if you do, know that you're being laughed at

3) Please don't drive to an adjacent hole looking for your snap hook, and pick up a ball that isn't yours; don't be that guy. While you're doing it people are saying "ugh that idiot is definitely picking up my ball"

Do you cover you metal woods? Your Scotty Cameron? Why does it bother you so much that I use iron covers?

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

I'm with @Shankster on this. I use 'em. There .. I said it.

Anyway..... my little annoyance on the course is also watching a foursome in front of me take an agonizingly looooong time over each - and every single - putt.

That's N number of minutes X 4 players X N number of putts per player (= a whole lotta time).

And which sometimes .. inexplicably .. has to be done in a group context: like they're a team that's tied for the lead on #18 at Augusta on Sunday................ 🤷‍♂️

You just described the Men's Club gangsome at my course... every... single ... day, and they are playing for quarters!!  And there are 3-4 foursomes!!

Oh btw,  I don't use head covers on irons, except when my clubs go on an airline.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I thought this thread was going to be about having your PSA checked 🤣

Even if this thread is not about that...get it checked guys.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

19 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

My dad just finally gave up on playing from the Whites... he probably held out a year or two too long but realized he's not having fun golfing when it takes him 3 good shots to reach a par 4 now.  He already told the members in our league he's playing from the next tee's up (green in this case) this year and if they don't like it he won't play.

Being the good son that I am, I will miss teasing him after hitting his second that he's almost to my drive (I'm not really that long of a hitter), but I'll sure be happy to see him hitting more greens and having some looks at birdie.  It will also be good to see him able to get through 18 more easily again.

I read somewhere that playing the tees that gives you an average of 8 iron in on the par 4's is a good spot to be playing from.

He should play from where it's fun and not frustrating. There is a table (can't remember where I saw it), that shows drive distance to length of course (yds.) you should play  - on average, however, that's just a starting point. .

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 minutes ago, Titleist87 said:

Do you cover you metal woods? Your Scotty Cameron?

Exactly.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You just described the Men's Club gangsome at my course... every... single ... day, and they are playing for quarters!!  And there are 3-4 foursomes!!

Yeah it's really crazy to me. I read somewhere the European Tour head done an analysis on putting time vs putting makes - and in that study they found a correlation of LESS time reading the putt with a HIGHER make percentage.....!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

7 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Trust me down here in this tourist mecca it is SOP with the tourist golfers. They will show up dressed to the nines with staff bags etc with all the latest and greatest. They will march their collective butts to the back tees and---- proceed to top their first ball and their breakfast ball 50 yards down the fairway. You will see them in the restaurants at night still dressed like they stepped off the tour van and you will hear them say  "Oh that ( insert name ) course ate us up today I shot 120 and Joe shot 125.  Rangers will not say Jack because they are told "don't piss the tourists off"  But really most of us find it funny and if we are forced to play behind them we will for a dollar or so bet like if it takes the guy in the pink shirt 5 to reach the next par 4.  

We live in a quasi-tourist area here in northwest Ohio. My wife and I can always tell when 'guests' are teeing off in front of us. They'll be at the blues (6,700 yds slope rating 136), practice several swings with their orange whips and then drive their first and most likely second ball 100 yds. straight into the water.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart