Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

PSA - For your own sake, please don't...

9 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

We live in a quasi-tourist area here in northwest Ohio. My wife and I can always tell when 'guests' are teeing off in from of us. They be at the blues (6,700 yds slope rating 136), practice several swings with their orange whips and then drive their first and most likely second ball 100 yds. straight into the water.

I'll have to remember that next time I visit Cedar Point.   😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

He should play from where it's fun and not frustrating. There is a table (can't remember where I saw it), that shows drive distance to length of course (yds.) you should play  - on average, however, that's just a starting point. .

I couldn't agree more!  I kept lobbying him to move up because it would be more fun than getting a stroke on every par 4 and 2 on par 5's.  Here's to hoping he knocks in a few birdies and realizes what he's been missing! 👍

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

He should play from where it's fun and not frustrating. There is a table (can't remember where I saw it), that shows drive distance to length of course (yds.) you should play  - on average, however, that's just a starting point. .
There's another table saying 5 iron distance. I think the thought is if you can hit it twice and get home your doing ok.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I'm with [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] on this. I use 'em. There .. I said it.
Anyway..... my little annoyance on the course is also watching a foursome in front of me take an agonizingly looooong time over each - and every single - putt.
That's N number of minutes X 4 players X N number of putts per player (= a whole lotta time).
And which sometimes .. inexplicably .. has to be done in a group context: like they're a team that's tied for the lead on #18 at Augusta on Sunday................
I'm gonna expand on this. Don't be the person who doesn't begin the routine till his turn. They don't pull the driver till it's their turn to hit, doesn't start reading the green until everyone else had putted out, no practice swings while their partner is 40 yards across the fairway etc.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I'm with [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] on this. I use 'em. There .. I said it.
Anyway..... my little annoyance on the course is also watching a foursome in front of me take an agonizingly looooong time over each - and every single - putt.
That's N number of minutes X 4 players X N number of putts per player (= a whole lotta time).
And which sometimes .. inexplicably .. has to be done in a group context: like they're a team that's tied for the lead on #18 at Augusta on Sunday................ 🤷‍♂️

My dad has used them for years. His clubs are so pristine you’d think they were new.

Not only do they save undue wear and tear, the resale value on a clean dent free set vs a battered and beaten “naked” set... easy pick for me if I were looking for used clubs.
1 hour ago, Titleist87 said:

Do you cover you metal woods? Your Scotty Cameron? Why does it bother you so much that I use iron covers?

post-4406-0-51510600-1488617192_thumb.jpgy

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

^^^^^  Ya gotta be kidding me putting a cover on that???  It might be ugly and rusty but it darn sure makes a lot of putts. Besides he gets so hot at times he needs to cool off.

Seriously I do not care if someone uses any kind of covers or not 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm gonna lose the battle on what I am about to say, because virtually everyone I play with does it now, but for me, and call me old school if you want (I think Augusta National has a great policy on this btw), but please, put your cellphone away for the duration of the round, unless you are keeping score on it, or using it for GPS yardage.
Yes, even my best buddies have their phones attached to them, and will play videos, text loved ones, and take phone calls.  I tolerate it, but for me personally I find it rude to be talking to someone on the phone, or texting them, while you are supposed to be engaged in an activity with me on the golf course that SHOULD require your focus and concentration.
Again, I get it, I'm the outlier here, and I'm not trying to shame anyone, or call anyone out, but for me this game requires my focus and concentration during the time I am on the golf course.  If you are constantly feeding your phone with distractions and "when will you be home?" texts from your wife or significant other, then you are missing the point of playing golf, at least in my mind.
Disclaimer:  I (typically) keep my cellphone in my pocket on silent.  My Garmin GPS watch has phone notifications that I see throughout the round.  But unless my wife tells me someone is dying I've trained her to know that I will not respond to her while I am on the golf course.  
I play golf to get away from the noise and distraction of constant updates of whatever from a portable computer known as an iPhone.  Perhaps if we all put our phones away we could actually enjoy our round of golf, and the company that is with us, more.
Again, don't rip into me.  If you are glued to your cellphone on the course, just keep up with the pace of play and I'll never say a word to you.  But I post this because I can hope, right?

My phone is in my pocket too, for the Arccos. But I am on call 24/7 so it is attached to me for the majority of the day unfortunately.

If I absolutely have to take a call and I’m playing with someone I will pick up my ball to not hold anyone up. Luckily I’ve only had to do that once.
2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Trust me down here in this tourist mecca it is SOP with the tourist golfers. They will show up dressed to the nines with staff bags etc with all the latest and greatest. They will march their collective butts to the back tees and---- proceed to top their first ball and their breakfast ball 50 yards down the fairway. You will see them in the restaurants at night still dressed like they stepped off the tour van and you will hear them say  "Oh that ( insert name ) course ate us up today I shot 120 and Joe shot 125.  Rangers will not say Jack because they are told "don't piss the tourists off"  But really most of us find it funny and if we are forced to play behind them we will for a dollar or so bet like if it takes the guy in the pink shirt 5 to reach the next par 4.  

I used to live in Las Vegas, and I can recall playing one of the big tourist courses with a couple guys from the east coast that wanted to play from the tips, because "How many times to get to play Bear's Best?"  My playing partner was the only one simi good enough to enjoy playing from that far back.  Needless to say we simply moved up to the blues once we led the way to #10.  Most of the time I run into 20 somethings that just started playing that want to play from the tips, that I usually have to convince to move up after a few holes.  If I'm outnumbered with which tees people want to play from, then I'll usually just go with it. 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗
I will agree with all that has been mentioned and would like to add.....don't hang a towel out of your back pocket.  I can't tell if you are playing golf or getting ready to wash the golf cart.

When the course is wet/muddy where do you put the towel to clean off the ball or the mud off of your club.

Signed
non apologetic back pocket towel carrier

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm gonna lose the battle on what I am about to say, because virtually everyone I play with does it now, but for me, and call me old school if you want (I think Augusta National has a great policy on this btw), but please, put your cellphone away for the duration of the round, unless you are keeping score on it, or using it for GPS yardage.
Yes, even my best buddies have their phones attached to them, and will play videos, text loved ones, and take phone calls.  I tolerate it, but for me personally I find it rude to be talking to someone on the phone, or texting them, while you are supposed to be engaged in an activity with me on the golf course that SHOULD require your focus and concentration.
Again, I get it, I'm the outlier here, and I'm not trying to shame anyone, or call anyone out, but for me this game requires my focus and concentration during the time I am on the golf course.  If you are constantly feeding your phone with distractions and "when will you be home?" texts from your wife or significant other, then you are missing the point of playing golf, at least in my mind.
Disclaimer:  I (typically) keep my cellphone in my pocket on silent.  My Garmin GPS watch has phone notifications that I see throughout the round.  But unless my wife tells me someone is dying I've trained her to know that I will not respond to her while I am on the golf course.  
I play golf to get away from the noise and distraction of constant updates of whatever from a portable computer known as an iPhone.  Perhaps if we all put our phones away we could actually enjoy our round of golf, and the company that is with us, more.
Again, don't rip into me.  If you are glued to your cellphone on the course, just keep up with the pace of play and I'll never say a word to you.  But I post this because I can hope, right?

No need to 'rip into you' since I agree on phone use. I use it for GPS, and answer only if my wife or kids text (they would only text if it was very important). I think golfers who use the phone for calls slow down the game.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have always felt like smart phones are a blessing and a curse. At the grocery store I sometimes need it to verify stuff with the Mrs so it is extremely helpful, although I talk business only in hushed tones and it takes no more than a few seconds. Otoh hand I see people talking very loudly about personal stuff and that is something I find extremely rude. But to the point about having a phone on a golf course, as an actor I have to be available for my agent on a moments notice so I have no choice but to keep mine with me. Thankfully it isn't often that my agent calls while I am playing, but if they do I keep it short and walk away from my playing pards. 

... I have played with high school kids from the golf team and they are on their phones the entire round, head ducked and oblivious to everything but their screens. I asked a couple I was paired up with exactly what are they looking at and their response was "you know, everything. social media, friends texting, you know that kind of stuff". I asked if any of it was important or immediate and they laughed and said "Not really but what is?" Oh to be young and care free. So as an experiment I asked them to put their phones in their bags for the back 9 and one said "Nah, I'm good" but the other did it and after 18 he said "That was pretty cool. I am gonna try and do it again next time I play". I think one of the determining factors other than us carrying on a good conversation, we got to see a Hawk find his/her lunch in the heather and the kid said he had never seen a Hawk in real life on a golf course. The irony being this is their home course and a pair of hawks live on it and I see them every round I play there. These kids are so locked into their phone screens they never see what is right in front of them. 

Reminds me of two brothers, both in their 20s, who I got paired up at a golf course in NC, where they had met for a family vacation, and this round of golf was a part of their vacation.  I literally had to tell them when it was their turn to hit their shot, because they were so engrossed in their phones as to actually not have a clue what they were doing on the golf course.  I mean, isn't the point of going on vacation to get away from the stresses and strains of the day to day?  Sadly, unlike your high school golfers you played with, these guys sucked at the game.  And I suppose if I played as badly as they did I'd be on my phone too, trying to forget how bad I sucked at golf.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
52 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

I started wearing a smartwatch (also Garmin) because of the phone notifications. My phone is now always on silent, and I don't have to worry about muting it for meetings, movies, etc. It's already done. I used to dislike wearing a watch while playing, but either I've just gotten mellower about it, or the bigger yet lighter smartwatch sits more unobtrusively on my wrist. Bonus: It's a golf GPS!

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Just now, Siamese Moose said:

I started wearing a smartwatch (also Garmin) because of the phone notifications. My phone is now always on silent, and I don't have to worry about muting it for meetings, movies, etc. It's already done. I used to dislike wearing a watch while playing, but either I've just gotten mellower about it, or the bigger yet lighter smartwatch sits more unobtrusively on my wrist. Bonus: It's a golf GPS!

I'm with you there.  It was a happy accident when my wife bought me my Garmin GPS watch for Christmas a few years ago.  The phone notifications I just turned on to see how it worked, and now I love it.  And as you said, it beats having to look at your phone every time it dings.  And this may or may not be a legal thing to do, but when I am driving I always have my phone in my pocket, so as not to be distracted by it, but my watch let's me know what's going on, as that is all I look at for a second.  Then again, I don't get all that many notifications in general.  I can work my way around a smartphone with the best of them, but I just don't let a phone run my life.  It's there all the time, but most of the time I have better things to do.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

... I was in Portland shooting a Humana infomercial and my wife usually comes with me for a mini vacation because we love the area and especially the Farm to Table organic restaurants. We were dining at Imperial, an upscale but casual and expensive restaurant. Really nice decor and the kitchen is open so you can see the Chef cooking over a wood burning grill. Of course a myriad of people from all over the world can be there, so people watching and interacting with your waiter.waitress is part of the experience. Right next to us was a family consisting of a Dad in his 50's and three kids in their late teens or early 20's. And without exaggeration, they did not share more than a few words as all 4 of them were looking at the phone screens the entire meal, and that included while they ate not even looking at the amazing meal that the Chef takes great lengths to make every plate look interesting and beautiful. OK, I am done with my Keep Your Phone Off My Lawn posts. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I should also mention I am guilty of #2 on every good shot I make to the green.

It’s almost as if it’s part of my shot routine. If it’s good and heading on my line the club twirls and drops as it’s landing. I can’t help it. I can’t stop it. I won’t stop it.

Must be all those years growing up watching tiger.

I don’t twirl on my slice into the next fairway though. I’m usually using
My club to signal that my ball was crushed and is screaming way the f*!% right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

54 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

I liked your post, and I leave my phone in the cart on vibrate and check it frequently to see if I got a call.  Three years ago I was about to tee off on #10 when I got a call that my mom had a stroke.  I drove 300 miles the rest of the day.  For the same reason, I get calls periodically about my dad now that my mom passed away.  If I miss it, they always leave a message.  That's why I check it frequently.    If it's a call from someone I don't know, I don't answer, and IF it goes to voicemail, I check it after the round.  Most everyone has some level of importance tied to their phone, but not everyone is considerate enough of the others in their group when using it.  A whole generation grew up with smartphones, but very few people had mobile phones before that and got along just fine.  Times change and so do people.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, Titleist87 said:

Do you cover you metal woods? Your Scotty Cameron? Why does it bother you so much that I use iron covers?

It doesn't bother me at all. I have friends that use them for the same reason most people use them... golf s**t is expensive!...lol. I just don't bother because I tend to like my stuff to look used. Maybe it's because the tools I use for a living are 100 years and more old... and I love them. The patina of age and use is .... appealing to me. If others feel different.... cool with me. 😉

1 hour ago, Mr. 82 said:

No ripping from me...lol. I use my phone for the GPS app. The ringer is turned off and I don't care who is trying to get a hold me. It can wait until I'm done.

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I have always felt like smart phones are a blessing and a curse. At the grocery store I sometimes need it to verify stuff with the Mrs so it is extremely helpful, although I talk business only in hushed tones and it takes no more than a few seconds. Otoh hand I see people talking very loudly about personal stuff and that is something I find extremely rude. But to the point about having a phone on a golf course, as an actor I have to be available for my agent on a moments notice so I have no choice but to keep mine with me. Thankfully it isn't often that my agent calls while I am playing, but if they do I keep it short and walk away from my playing pards. 

... I have played with high school kids from the golf team and they are on their phones the entire round, head ducked and oblivious to everything but their screens. I asked a couple I was paired up with exactly what are they looking at and their response was "you know, everything. social media, friends texting, you know that kind of stuff". I asked if any of it was important or immediate and they laughed and said "Not really but what is?" Oh to be young and care free. So as an experiment I asked them to put their phones in their bags for the back 9 and one said "Nah, I'm good" but the other did it and after 18 he said "That was pretty cool. I am gonna try and do it again next time I play". I think one of the determining factors other than us carrying on a good conversation, we got to see a Hawk find his/her lunch in the heather and the kid said he had never seen a Hawk in real life on a golf course. The irony being this is their home course and a pair of hawks live on it and I see them every round I play there. These kids are so locked into their phone screens they never see what is right in front of them. 

But Sam, think of all knowing Twitter bird they get to interact with instead of watching a hawk doing what it was created to do.  Hawks are so old fashioned.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

4 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

But Sam, think of all knowing Twitter bird they get to interact with instead of watching a hawk doing what it was created to do.  Hawks are so old fashioned.

... LOL, I play this course quite a bit and as I said there is a pair of hawks that lives there. One day another hawk ventured into their territory and the bloody fight that ensued was a National Geographic special. The male attacked the intruder hawk in the tree and they both fell to the ground with the female joining in there. It was over fast but the screeching was insane. I walked over to the spot after the intruder got free and flew away and found a few bloody feathers on the ground. Kinda made whatever problems I had at the time seem pretty trivial. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I agree with not being on the phone the entire round, it really takes away from the enjoyment of the outdoor experience. That being said, I'm asks an Arccos user and do sometimes bring it out of the pocket to check distances. I will admit to being horrible about having it out on the putting green, my putting sensor died and I have to manually insert everything including first putt distance.

When the course is wet/muddy where do you put the towel to clean off the ball or the mud off of your club.

Signed
non apologetic back pocket towel carrier

Why can't I hit the like button more than once for this? :)

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Wow, you just joined MGS and this is one of your first posts? Since you are talking about your own very subjective problems with 1 & 2 you might as well add NO flat brimmed hats, white belts, matching shoes and even worse WHITE SHORTS!?!? What a LOSER. I sure hope that sounds silly to you. Why anyone would care if someone twirls their club is beyond me, especially if it adds to their enjoyment of playing. 3 is something that obviously effects others so I get that one. 

... I tend to sell my forged and easily dinged/bag chattered irons after a season, or 2 at most so keeping them as pristine as possible is always a bonus for resale value. I tried head covers but it was just too cumbersome for me and I kept losing them, so one round was enough for me to find another option. I am honestly dumbfounded why anyone would care if another player uses iron head covers. 

@chisag, what does when I joined have to do with anything? The post was meant to stir the pot and get some funny conversations going. Some of my best friends do the things I outlined, and it's hilarious to poke fun at each other on the course. Clearly I hit nerve with you, no need to get so worked up about...

:taylormade-small: M4, 9.5°, MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 TX

:callaway-small: RAZR Fit Xtreme, 15°, Accra DyMatch 2.0 ST80 M5

:callaway-small: Apex UT, 18°, Project X 6.0

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 4-PW, Project X 6.0

:vokey-small: SM6 50°, 12F

:vokey-small: TVD 56°, 12K

:vokey-small: SM6 60°, 08M

:cameron-small: Select GoLo 5 (Black Mist), 35”

Why can't I hit the like button more than once for this? :)

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I smashed the like button to be your second like.

But I don’t carry it in my back pocket. Wouldn’t want to get mud in that area on my white pants/shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I'm with @Shankster on this. I use 'em. There .. I said it.

And which sometimes .. inexplicably .. has to be done in a group context: like they're a team that's tied for the lead on #18 at Augusta on Sunday................ 🤷‍♂️