Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

PSA - For your own sake, please don't...

2 hours ago, SnakeDoc said:

Thank you @Shankster I am glad to be here.

... I am teaching myself Spanish and have been at it for almost 6 months now. At 67 it ain't easy picking up my first foreign language and I hope I am as close to correct Spaish as you are with your English. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

44 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am teaching myself Spanish and have been at it for almost 6 months now. At 67 it ain't easy picking up my first foreign language and I hope I am as close to correct Spaish as you are with your English. 👍

As far as my languages go, Portuguese, English, Spanish, I don't consider my self a speaker of either, but I would not go hungry in Italy or France.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

As far as my languages go, Portuguese, English, Spanish, I don't consider my self a speaker of either, but I would not go hungry in Italy or France.

I got to travel to Germany one time for work. Not being able to speak a lick of German was tough outside the office but I was able to order lunch at the Italian restaurant we went to because I could at least read the menu since they had it written in Italian!

I was suddenly grateful for all of the restaurants in the north end of Boston that do that with their menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, chisag said:

I blame spanish classes for why I failed off my baseball team twice in high school 😑

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

30 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I got to travel to Germany one time for work. Not being able to speak a lick of German was tough outside the office but I was able to order lunch at the Italian restaurant we went to because I could at least read the menu since they had it written in Italian!

I was suddenly grateful for all of the restaurants in the north end of Boston that do that with their menus. emoji1787.png

I remember when I first migrated to the US and everything was new, I had never taken English classes, so my first few days were really interesting.

Those were some good times.

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

I remember when I first migrated to the US and everything was new, I had never taken English classes, so my first few days were really interesting.
Those were some good times.

I can only imagine. Everywhere that I’ve been (Germany, China, Caribbean) people have been able to point me in the right direction with a little English. I know it’s much more rare for non-English speakers coming here.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

I love watching birds of prey.   We have lots of hawks, bald eagles, and osprey near me.  When the osprey are nesting, i can go down the street and watch them dive for birds.   One of the most amazing things I saw was an osprey carrying a fish and a bald eagle chased him down,  flipped upside down and grabbed the fish from the osprey.  Wish I had a camera with me to capture that.    My father in law was really into photography and took the below picture of the osprey I mentioned. 

221201_218138088203574_4839905_o.jpg.ecb3f65d596a82057ea3bc5e5ad267ce.jpg

That's awesome! I used to Bass fish on a lake that was a state funded sanctuary for Ospreys. Watching the birds was every bit as much fun as fishing.

7 hours ago, SnakeDoc said:

Thank you for pointing out, I know my grammar is not the best.

I was not born or educated in the United States, so I fail o basic grammar at times.

Don't worry about your grammar------ I was born and raised in the South and we butcher the English language ------ In fact I do not speak "real" English either I speak Southern Redneck--- Besides if you really want to get technical us in Merica do not speak proper King's English anyhow. So write it how you want to write it and we will figure it out if not we may politely ask " What are you talking about Willis?"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, SnakeDoc said:

Funny you mentioned Portuguese. Had a truck driver up at the Steel Mill one day that did not know procedure. He was asking me. I could not figure out what he was saying. I could pick up on some Spanish. Another driver walked up and I knew him and asked if he knew more Spanish than I did. He went to conversing with the guy and got him straightened out. I asked what Spanish dialect he was speaking? He said none--- Portuguese . WTF I asked him? He told me his Mom is Portuguese and he is fluent in the language

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

10 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Don't worry about your grammar------ I was born and raised in the South and we butcher the English language ------ In fact I do not speak "real" English either I speak Southern Redneck--- Besides if you really want to get technical us in Merica do not speak proper King's English anyhow. So write it how you want to write it and we will figure it out if not we may politely ask " What are you talking about Willis?"

I don't give much mind about it anyways, I make fun of my accent and grammar all of the time, as well as my best friends try to give me a hard time.

My standard answer is that they have known me for over 10 years and if they do not understand me, it is their own fault, they had plenty of time to learn my "English".

My Reviews:

2 minutes ago, SnakeDoc said:

I don't give much mind about it anyways, I make fun of my accent and grammar all of the time, as well as my best friends try to give me a hard time.

My standard answer is that they have known me for over 10 years and if they do not understand me, it is their own fault, they had plenty of time to learn my "English".

Some of us here on MGS will figure it out like your friends did

G

My biggest cringe is my cousin will slice a ball 45 feet into the trees with no sight of it and walk up and down looking for it for like 15 mins .. Like the ball is gone man ...take a drop keep it moving

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I can only imagine. Everywhere that I’ve been (Germany, China, Caribbean) people have been able to point me in the right direction with a little English. I know it’s much more rare for non-English speakers coming here.

Beijing is the only place that I have been that I couldn’t get around without a translator. Everywhere else in Asia I have been I was able to get by with English and my limited Cantonese.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

8 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

My biggest cringe is my cousin will slice a ball 45 feet into the trees with no sight of it and walk up and down looking for it for like 15 mins .. Like the ball is gone man ...take a drop keep it moving

In some respects, it is inspiring to watch the strong belief that these people have that they will find the ball. It's an almost insane level of belief that they have, but it is a selfish mindset when it negatively impacts pace of play for playing partners and potentially the rest of the course.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

On 4/14/2020 at 10:36 AM, Titleist87 said:

Do you cover you metal woods? Your Scotty Cameron? Why does it bother you so much that I use iron covers?

I never got the hate for Iron covers, I don't use them but who cares if someone does, it doesn't impact my life. I always put my covers back on my putter, driver, hybrid etc so they wont get dinged up. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

5 minutes ago, palvord said:

In some respects, it is inspiring to watch the strong belief that these people have that they will find the ball. It's an almost insane level of belief that they have, but it is a selfish mindset when it negatively impacts pace of play for playing partners and potentially the rest of the course.

it is ! I remember I just watching my cousin walk up and down the fairway looking for this ball and I don't even think he was keeping score. He wanted to find that ball so bad... I told him it was a donation to the golf gods and he should thank them for choosing his ball 😀

46 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

English to Redneck:

Y'all need naught fret bout yer werds ----- I was born and brung up in tha confedaracee an we hawg slawter Anglish. Fakt iz I aint never spoke no "reel" Anglish I speek Bubba. Cauz iffin you rally wanna get awl hoitee toitee, ratcheer en 'Murica we ain't speekin no Kangs Anglish anyhows. So's spe-yell any ole ways ya wanna spe-yell an we gonna cyfer it and iffen we doant, weyell dang we just gonna ask in our sundee best speekin' " What y'all  talkin' bout Willis?"

English to Redneck:

Y'all need naught fret bout yer werds ----- I was born and brung up in tha confedaracee an we hawg slawter Anglish. Fakt iz I aint never spoke no "reel" Anglish I speek Bubba. Cauz iffin you rally wanna get awl hoitee toitee, ratcheer en 'Murica we ain't speekin no Kangs Anglish anyhows. So's spe-yell any ole ways ya wanna spe-yell an we gonna cyfer it and iffen we doant, weyell dang we just gonna ask in our sundee best speekin' " What y'all  talkin' bout Willis?"

I read that too easily.

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

I read that too easily. emoji23.png

Hanging around my dumbass to much 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 hours ago, chisag said:

English to Redneck:

Perfect translation------- And I know some boys up your way and they are as big of a redneck as I am

G

Perfect translation------- And I know some boys up your way and they are as big of a redneck as I am

Real quick, I always loved this joke.

A redneck is on the shore of a private pond fishing around 7pm. The property owner is tired of people fishing there and called the law.

Cops show up and confront Mr. Redneck with his large Yeti cooler full of fish.

Evenin’ Sir, whatcha doing fishin’ here in someone else’s pond?

I ain’t fishin, these here are my retriever fish.

Retriever fish?...yup...I’m just keepin em here with me and then I throw em back. When I whistle, they swim to the shore and we hang out again.

The Cop can’t help but laugh. Sir, fishing on private property is illegal and you’ll be ticketed for each of the...12 fish in this cooler. 12 fish x $100 is a lot of money.

Like I said sir, they aren’t for eatin. The redneck grabs the cooler, dumps the fish into the pond and they all swim away.

A minute goes buy and the redneck starts heading for his truck. The cop says, where do you think you’re going? Go get your fish, I’m not letting you off without a ticket.

What fish, I don’t have any fish in this yeti?

Who says rednecks aren’t smart
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Real quick, I always loved this joke.

A redneck is on the shore of a private pond fishing around 7pm. The property owner is tired of people fishing there and called the law.

Cops show up and confront Mr. Redneck with his large Yeti cooler full of fish.

Evenin’ Sir, whatcha doing fishin’ here in someone else’s pond?

I ain’t fishin, these here are my retriever fish.

Retriever fish?...yup...I’m just keepin em here with me and then I throw em back. When I whistle, they swim to the shore and we hang out again.

The Cop can’t help but laugh. Sir, fishing on private property is illegal and you’ll be ticketed for each of the...12 fish in this cooler. 12 fish x $100 is a lot of money.

Like I said sir, they aren’t for eatin. The redneck grabs the cooler, dumps the fish into the pond and they all swim away.

A minute goes buy and the redneck starts heading for his truck. The cop says, where do you think you’re going? Go get your fish, I’m not letting you off without a ticket.

What fish, I don’t have any fish in this yeti?

Who says rednecks aren’t smart emoji4.png

Reminds me of this...

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :cobra-small: :touredgeexotics: :cleveland-small: :PXG:               

Cobra SpeedZone 9*
TourEdge EXS 18* 
TourEdge C721 22*H
PXG 0211 DC 6-P + G
Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52/58*
Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Ave
Taylormade Tour Response

On 4/14/2020 at 10:09 AM, B.Boston said:

My dad just finally gave up on playing from the Whites... he probably held out a year or two too long but realized he's not having fun golfing when it takes him 3 good shots to reach a par 4 now.  He already told the members in our league he's playing from the next tee's up (green in this case) this year and if they don't like it he won't play.

Being the good son that I am, I will miss teasing him after hitting his second that he's almost to my drive (I'm not really that long of a hitter), but I'll sure be happy to see him hitting more greens and having some looks at birdie.  It will also be good to see him able to get through 18 more easily again.

I read somewhere that playing the tees that gives you an average of 8 iron in on the par 4's is a good spot to be playing from.

First The tees on the course I play most with my dad are set red, (Kids) Gold (Senior) White,  Blue (tips) So on this, I play from the whites (with the distances I can hit the ball, could probably play from back tees, but dont feel I'm skilled enough) My dad plays the golds when he plays with his friends in their weekly game, however when we play our weekly game we usually get paired up with 2 others, if they are both playing white, he will join the 3 of us on whites as he thinks its quicker to hit from there, than drive to golds then hit, etc.

What is everyones thoughts on that, should he be playing from the gold. He usually shoots anywhere between 5-10 worse from whites than gold (on 9)

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

That’s def up to him. But when my dad plays up he usually just takes the cart up to the next tee box after I get my club and hits right after I do. I walk to his tee while he’s hitting. It really takes no extra time as long as he wants to play from those tees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1) Guys playing the wrong tees: dudes always want to play the tips but if your driver doesn’t carry 275 what are you doing back there?

2) People screaming for near misses: save your screams/yells for hole-outs: I’m teeing off 20 yards from you when your group erupts due to someone scaring the hole...

3) Not being ready to hit when it’s your turn

4) taking too much time to put: there better be at least $100 on this putt that you’ve backed off4 times while I wait in the fairway..

I do listen to music while I play, but always on headphones, and not so loud that I can’t converse with my playing partners.

Edited by Micah T

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

9 hours ago, BIG STU said:

... LOL, no doubt. But to be fair a Chicago translation is"

Yo, who gives a raytz azz about how you taak?  I wuz borned on da Sout-side uv Sheecaago and we taak f****n grate. An not fur nuttin but Eenglish aint alwaaz Eenglish so's I speek Sheecaago.-- An you guyz wannaa akt like sum kinda f****n' skaalur none of uz guys speak college boy Eenglish anyf****nway. So's go ahead say what you gunna say an no f****n dout we knows what da f**k you sed but if its naat ?  " What da f**k  R you taakin bout ya moor-on?" 

(too much time on my hands 😜 )

6 hours ago, Apes44 said:

First The tees on the course I play most with my dad are set red, (Kids) Gold (Senior) White,  Blue (tips) So on this, I play from the whites (with the distances I can hit the ball, could probably play from back tees, but dont feel I'm skilled enough) My dad plays the golds when he plays with his friends in their weekly game, however when we play our weekly game we usually get paired up with 2 others, if they are both playing white, he will join the 3 of us on whites as he thinks its quicker to hit from there, than drive to golds then hit, etc.

What is everyones thoughts on that, should he be playing from the gold. He usually shoots anywhere between 5-10 worse from whites than gold (on 9)

... I am a firm believer in playing the correct tees for your skill level because that makes the round the most enjoyable experience possible. If you really feel like you want to move up a tee to join a friend or family member, that works but never moving back a tee. I have played with 3 other people and we all teed off from different tees and still waited to hit our approach shots. If you play ready golf and don't spend a bunch of time talking ion the tee box multiple tees is not a problem at all. Especially if walking. But playing the wrong tees can really slow down a round. 

26 minutes ago, chisag said:

... LOL, no doubt. But to be fair a Chicago translation is"

Yo, who gives a raytz azz about how you taak?  I wuz borned on da Sout-side uv Sheecaago and we taak f****n grate. An not fur nuttin but Eenglish aint alwaaz Eenglish so's I speek Sheecaago.-- An you guyz wannaa akt like sum kinda f****n' skaalur none of uz guys speak college boy Eenglish anyf****nway. So's go ahead say what you gunna say an no f****n dout we knows what da f**k you sed but if its naat ?  " What da f**k  R you taakin bout ya moor-on?" 

(too much time on my hands 😜 )

I can talk sheecaggo too. Back in my trucking days I had a delivery to a regular account near Wrigley Field and this is before the days of lights there. Used to go to the games with the receiving crew drink beer etc.I would sleep in the truck inside their big fenced lot with  security. Get up the next morning and unload. Most drivers in those days carried a Cubs schedule because if they were playing you would not get jack done that day. Yeah man drink that Old Style beer. If I was running late I called them and they  left my ticket with the security guard. I think the cab ride down there was only $5 or so. Note: I was also up there the night they shot the pilot for Crime Story with the car chase which started on Cicero Avenue and ended up on 294. The cops had all that blocked off and I think they were as excited as we were.

Edited by BIG STU

G

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am a firm believer in playing the correct tees for your skill level because that makes the round the most enjoyable experience possible. If you really feel like you want to move up a tee to join a friend or family member, that works but never moving back a tee. I have played with 3 other people and we all teed off from different tees and still waited to hit our approach shots. If you play ready golf and don't spend a bunch of time talking ion the tee box multiple tees is not a problem at all. Especially if walking. But playing the wrong tees can really slow down a round. 

The last sentence says it all---- That is 99.9% the problem with the touron golfers around here---- I bet $100 they do not attempt to play the tips on their home course plus most of them have no clue that they are at sea level. Back before range finders and GPS I have heard some say wow the 150 markers are off. Heard one comment one day that the flight down must have screwed with his range finder. I told him he was at sea level. He replied " what does that have to do with anything?" I said never mind --- clueless

G