TESTERS WANTED! ×

PSA - For your own sake, please don't...

On 4/14/2020 at 11:44 AM, CHoyle14 said:

I will agree with all that has been mentioned and would like to add.....don't hang a towel out of your back pocket.  I can't tell if you are playing golf or getting ready to wash the golf cart.

Um might be the new covid 19 rules now with no more ball washers. Golfers used to always have nice clean balls before the pandemic but not now.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:59 PM, tony@CIC said:

When the course is wet/muddy where do you put the towel to clean off the ball or the mud off of your club.

Signed
non apologetic back pocket towel carrier emoji51.png

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Use a clip eg. carboner. I have two one towel for the club one towel for me, been that way for 50 years and towels for the most part are the same as I take care of my things.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:38 AM, Jack Foster said:

Thought it would be fun to hear what makes all of you cringe on the golf course. 

Here are mine...

1) Please don't play a round of golf with iron covers, or even take them out in public for that matter

2) Please don't twirl your club after every shot; if you do, know that you're being laughed at

3) Please don't drive to an adjacent hole looking for your snap hook, and pick up a ball that isn't yours; don't be that guy. While you're doing it people are saying "ugh that idiot is definitely picking up my ball"

#3 for sure ..... Always on my best drive of the day too.. 

and I can't believe all the iron cover love on this thread!!

Great post really enjoying this one.

:taylormade-small: Driver M6 9 Patterson Kinect 

:755178188_TourEdge: Tour Edge Exotic EXS 3 Wood 15 degree 

:taylormade-small: Rescue 3 fairway/hybrid wood 17 degree

:ping-small:  irons i-500 4-W Project X LZ 5.5 

:taylormade-small: Wedges,  Mill Grind 2- 50 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree HI-Toe

:cameron-small:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter Super Stroke grip

:Snell: MTB-X optic yellow

VESSEL  bag Player stand 2.0 

On 4/14/2020 at 3:26 PM, Middler said:

+1. Like we care what the OP or other ego players would like. Who died and made the OP queen?

My list is short, please don't play slow (for any number of reasons), damage the course or make noise when others are hitting. Anything else you do is fine by me - we all have our foibles.

I use iron covers, but there's no need to cover every club, every other one leaves them all protected. Mine are every other iron, staggered from row to row. Doesn't slow anyone down, and my irons look like the owner cared for them when I'm done with them.

IMG_2328.JPG

I cover all of my clubs, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges and putter. Have since 1985. I do it very fast as I am a fast golfer do 18 in a cart in 2 3/4 hours. Always play ready golf, never pull the pin almost since the ebeginning.

WBMTM golfers who do not play ready golf.

Here are Randy's Rules for Ready Golf. 19 Rules to never break.

1. Always play as soon as you can

2. Always go directly to your ball and hit it when ready no matter if you are away or not on the fairway or on the green

3. Never remove the pin just leave it in and put.

4. Always let the short hitters tee off first.

5. Always keep your glove on even when you put.

6. Always Drink water and eat a snack while walking or riding in the cart.

7. Always visualize your drive as soon as you are on the tee box.

8. Always visualize and line up your putt as soon as you are on the green

9. Always mark your score after you get off the green and add up your score card when you get off 18.

10. Always wash your ball while you are waiting on the tee box or when others in your group are teeing off.

11. Always keep your eye on the ball and walk or ride directly to it, whether it is on the fairway, rough or water.

12. Always hit your ball first then help find your buddy's ball

13. Only look for balls (rough, water or fringes) when there are no golfers behind you so you don't slow the pace of play.

14. Don't buy beverages or food on the course, bring your own if need be.

15. Never drink alcohol or smoke weed on the course.

16. Always apply sun screen and mosquito repellent in the washroom before you get to the first tee and if you  have to reapply later do it while waiting to play your ball.

17. Don't flirt or try to impress the cart girl, she is not into you, leave her alone

18. Keep your dam cell phone in your car or at least turn if off and don't use it unless there is an emergency on the course, eg. you got hit with a ball from guys from behind you that you were holding up.

19. Don't just watch players play in front of you if they are out of your normal range or your range you are shooting that day. Just hit the ball.

Please like this and pass these rule along and lets speed up the pace of play and increase the fun factor!

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by viking
two typos

WBMTM golfers who do not play ready golf.
Here are Randy's Rules for Ready Golf. 19 Rules to never break.
1. Always play as soon as you can
2. Always go directly to your ball and hit it when ready no matter if you are away or not on the fairway or on the green
3. Never remove the pin just leave it in and put.
4. Always let the short hitters tee off first.
6. Always Drink water and eat a snack while walking or riding in the cart.
7. Always visualize your drive as soon as you are on the tee box.
8. Always visualize and line up your putt as soon as you are on the green
9. Always mark your score after you get off the green and add up your score card when you get off 18.
10. Always wash your ball while you are waiting on the tee box or when others in your group are teeing off.
11. Always keep your eye on the ball and walk or ride directly to it, whether it is on the fairway, rough or water.
12. Always hit your ball first then help find your buddy's ball
13. Only look for balls (rough, water or fringes) when there are no golfers behind you so you don't slow the pace of play.
14. Don't buy beverages or food on the course, bring your own if need be.
15. Never drink alcohol or smoke weed on the course.
16. Always apply sun screen and mosquito repellent in the washroom before you get to the first tee and if you  have to reapply later do it while waiting to play your ball.
17. Don't flirt or try to impress the cart girl, she is not into you, leave her alone
18. Keep your dam cell phone in your car or at least turn if off and don't use it unless there is an emergency on the course, eg. you got hit with a ball from guys from behind you that you were holding up.
19. Don't just watch players play in front of you if they are out of your normal range or your range you are shooting that day. Just hit the ball.
Please like this and pass these rule along and lets speed up the pace of play and increase the fun factor!
Stay safe everyone.

Pretty sure I break 18 out of 19 of these every time I play. And 19 out of 19 if the cart girl is out.

I can still play a fast round though. I’m ready to hit when its my turn (or if I’m playing out of turn ‘ready golf style’).

I also take my glove off after every shot. Keeps my hands and glove drier and they last a lot longer.

Oh wait.. I do follow #9 all the time. I mark my score in the cart (if I’m not driving) of when we get to the next hole and we’re going up to the tee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Pretty sure I break 18 out of 19 of these every time I play. And 19 out of 19 if the cart girl is out.

I can still play a fast round though. I’m ready to hit when its my turn (or if I’m playing out of turn ‘ready golf style’).

I also take my glove off after every shot. Keeps my hands and glove drier and they last a lot longer.

Oh wait.. I do follow #9 all the time. I mark my score in the cart (if I’m not driving) of when we get to the next hole and we’re going up to the tee.

Hey Boston try the rules you may really like them. The group behind you sure will but you are a fast very good player already so that is great, kudos to you Boston. This may make you faster and play 36 holes like I do and at least 4 times a year 54 holes in one day. Was going to try for 72 holes this year but I guess that is not going to happen with this pandemic.

If you sweat a lot or it is very humid, yes rule  5. Always keep your glove on even when you put. can be modified. Hey all rules have to be modified for certain situations, they are not written in stone. I did not come down from a mountain with these.

Respectfully, if I followed all of those rules I would end up hitting into and through other groups on the course, and would probably lose focus on scoring well. I play fast and will pick up or let groups play through if I’m with someone learning the game, but those rules would suck a lot of the enjoyment out of the game for me.

I don’t take practice swings (unless its on a really funky lie). I get my yardage via rangefinder or GPS when I arrive at my ball (usually while another player is hitting) and have a club ready to go when I can safely hit.

But I won’t rush around the course just to finish quickly. I enjoy interacting with my playing partners (and the cart girl or other staff as well). And I enjoy watching people execute golf shots and navigate around the course. I’ll talk equipment or strategy in the cart or walking from shot to shot. I’ll wager a closest to the pin or longest driver on a hole.

Perhaps we just golf in very different areas. Last year I was able to walk a 9 hole round in under two hours with a 4-some but we literally had no one else on the course at that time. Usually I’m waiting on every tee box for at least a minute. And If its league play... well we have players of all skill levels so some holes can be pretty long.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Hey Boston I always walk off nearest yard marker to my ball as i do not have a GPS or range finder. The GPS watch or hand held seems cool always ask a person who is in my group what my yardage is if they have one. One course here has that in their carts, cool feature but often they don't work.

I interact with all my playing partners we have a great time talking you can do those and play ready golf, talk and walk don't just stand around and gab.

Had an 18 hole executive course here I could play in little over an hour.

Like to be the first to tee off in the morning, have the course to myself at times 6:30 am or 7 am tee off. Play 36 and come in for a nice lunch special which won't be happening this year anywhere.

Hey Boston I always walk off nearest yard marker to my ball as i do not have a GPS or range finder. The GPS watch or hand held seems cool always ask a person who is in my group what my yardage is if they have one. One course here has that in their carts, cool feature but often they don't work.

I interact with all my playing partners we have a great time talking you can do those and play ready golf, talk and walk don't just stand around and gab.

Had an 18 hole executive course here I could play in little over an hour.

Like to be the first to tee off in the morning, have the course to myself at times 6:30 am or 7 am tee off. Play 36 and come in for a nice lunch special which won't be happening this year anywhere.

Too much contradiction. There is no way you play 18 holes in a little over an hour and shoot 100. Something isn't adding up here amigo. Even with a cart I don't see how that is possible.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Too much contradiction. There is no way you play 18 holes in a little over an hour and shoot 100. Something isn't adding up here amigo. Even with a cart I don't see how that is possible.

Hold my beer..

*Fires up TGC on PS4*

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

A drop here a drop there who’s counting amiright?!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Hold my beer..
*Fires up TGC on PS4*

I can play an 18 hole round while on a 30 minute conference call while on mute!

Ideally while on mute, with an adult beverage.

Hold my beer..
*Fires up TGC on PS4*
Well played sir!DopeyBiodegradableHorsemouse-small.gif

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

I can play an 18 hole round while on a 30 minute conference call while on mute!

Ideally while on mute, with an adult beverage.

I can run hole to hole on and sim no problem

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

13 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Hey Yung. 18 holes in 2-2.5 hours for a regular course with a power cart. 18 holes walking on a par 3 executive course. All season long from may 15-Oct. 15 in Manitoba Canada at a public course teeing off early in the morning at 7 am. Been doing it for years.

Edited by viking
typo

Hey Yung. 18 holes in 2-2.5 hours for a regular course with a power cart. 18 holes walking on a par 4 executive course. All season long from may 15-Oct. 15 in Manitoba Canada at a public course teeing off early in the morning at 7 am. Been doing it for years.
big-red-nope-button.gif

I can’t do that in a cart as a single and posting par or better. And I play quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Hold my beer..

*Fires up TGC on PS4*

Never played video games I like the real things, fast cars (1986 Mustang Cobra GT) trucks (1999 F150 4x4 T54 special) trucks, dirt bikes (1988 Honda CR 500), and snowmobiles (triples 1997 Polaris Ultra SP 680, 3 in a row makes it go go go).

1 minute ago, viking said:

Never played video games I like the real things, fast cars (1986 Mustang Cobra GT) trucks (1999 F150 4x4 T54 special) trucks, dirt bikes (1988 Honda CR 500), and snowmobiles (triples 1997 Polaris Ultra SP 680, 3 in a row makes it go go go).

There is your first mistake calling a 1999 F150 a truck.....

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

I can’t do that in a cart as a single and posting par or better. And I play quick.

Most of the time I play as a single, only a few times with my neighbors. Course let me play on my own as they know I am fast and a regular. If i am grouped up with slowr people I play through on my own can't stand waiting around.

Just now, viking said:

Most of the time I play as a single, only a few times with my neighbors. Course let me play on my own as they know I am fast and a regular. If i am grouped up with slowr people I play through on my own can't stand waiting around.

You should reply to the “How Much Do You Chat“ forum. I am sure you have some great insight on not talking with groupings 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 minutes ago, viking said:

?

Inside joke between @B.Boston and myself we once played 36 in a simulator in 2 hours 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

7 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

99% of the time I play alone. Get up at 4:45 am drive 1 hour to the course, tee off at 7 am or sooner. done by 9:30 am go for lunch (20 minute drive to a different course with much better lunch specials) drive 1 hour back, at home before noon. Usually most Mondays mid May to end of Sept. if the weather is nice. Yes with that schedule it is by myself in a cart.

I'm just gonna leave you with this for the night. Hitting 1 shot every minute shooting 100 gets you over 1.5 hours for the round. You may be fast but you aren't that fast.

Inside joke between [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] and myself we once played 36 in a simulator in 2 hours 

The owner was very impressed when we asked to start a second round after 50 minutes. I barely had enough time to eat my Chinese food from next door or sip my beer between shots.

And just like that I want Chinese food. Damn you shark.

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

There is your first mistake calling a 1999 F150 a truck.....

#1 selling truck in Canada and US for well over 50 years.

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

You should reply to the “How Much Do You Chat“ forum. I am sure you have some great insight on not talking with groupings 

Actually just started chatting on this form 2 days ago. Told you I am fast. Nick name is Rapid Randy, like fast things and work fast.

6 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I'm just gonna leave you with this for the night. Hitting 1 shot every minute shooting 100 gets you over 1.5 hours for the round. You may be fast but you aren't that fast.

You are wrong on time and score. Usually shoot 87-92. I floor thr cart after I shoot and rarely are people in front of me or behind me but yes i ahve had players pass me and I let them play through usually are really good golfers, seniors. One guy here is 85 shoots around par wow can that guy play good and fast.