TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Hogan GS53 driver

StrokerAce

Very windy here today. This driver seems to launch the gall higher. I also kept noticing a left miss. Most ball marks on the face are center to slight higher than center. Still love the sound of the ball coming off the face 

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

@pozzit
@03trdblack
@JScott

Do any of you guys experience a rattle like feeling/sound during your follow through. I noticed it last round and it continued today. It feels like something is moving around in the shaft. I can't recreate it except on the follow through of my swing. It doesn't seem to expect performance all the much but it has me concerned? Any ideas of what it might be/ a possible solution?

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

59 minutes ago, cciciora13 said:

@pozzit
@03trdblack
@JScott

Do any of you guys experience a rattle like feeling/sound during your follow through. I noticed it last round and it continued today. It feels like something is moving around in the shaft. I can't recreate it except on the follow through of my swing. It doesn't seem to expect performance all the much but it has me concerned? Any ideas of what it might be/ a possible solution?

What may have happened is a piece of epoxy may have come loose from the tip of the shaft and is floating around inside.  Is this what it sounds like?  There is a tool that you can use to get it out without removing the grip and Golfworks sells it:

https://www.golfworks.com/the-golfworks-grip-saver/p/saver/

It's one of my favorite tools and has saved a lot of time and effort.

My bag is a revolving door!

I haven't notice that but will try and listen for it. I would assume it's probably epoxy in the shaft. Try taking the head off and do a test swing and see if you hear it then. If you then follow 03trdblack's suggestion or just let it be if it doesn't bother you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Appreciate it guys. I tried your suggestion and I didn’t hear it in the shaft. Interestingly I was on the N- setting and then changed it to the low setting and the rattling went away. May be something with the connector. I’m going to try the new setting the next time I play and see how it goes. If it’s fine I probably won’t worry about it lol Maybe I’m just overthinking things.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my bag:

Played 9 last evening. No Rattle.  This driver sounds, looks, and feels awesome!  I am having a hard time getting set over the ball and I think i know why.  The face bulges out (at least to my eyes) and it seems that the toe and heel sit further back.  In other words, it seems the actual hitting area for the face is small.

Anyone else noticing the face seems overly rounded?

Results from practice session with my personal launch monitor (VoiceCaddie SC300)--Ball speed 156ish on average, swing speed 105ish on average, carry was 260ish on average.

The ball did not curve at all. If i missed it left or right it was due to pull or push (again, not comfortable getting lined up over the driver).

Results from actual play:  played 9 holes on my home course.  usually hit my driver on 1,2,4,5,6,.  3 is a par 3, 8 is a par 3 and 7 has trouble at the end of the fairway so usually hit 3 wood.  9 is a par 5 with water at end of fairway.

For the Hogan test, I hit driver on 7.  Launch was higher than usual (which is fine).  I hit the fairway on 1,4,5,7 so 4 out of 6 fairways.  I carried the ball further than normal but total distance was about the same.  On the 4th hole I hit a great drive and was probably a good 7 yards closer to the green than normal.  The fairways i missed were a yard or so off the fairway, nothing out of play.

So far, I love the look of the driver itself but i can not how to get it to sit square (still messing around with the settings).  I also love the feel of the ball off the face (i am noticing my ball marks on the face seems slightly higher than center--probably explains the higher flight).  Lastly the sound...it sounds slightly louder than say a Taylor Made M5 but not as "metallic" sounding as say a Titleist TS 3.

So far, so good with results.  If you asked me right now if I would game this...yes.  Best bang for the buck!

5 minutes ago, JScott said:

Played 9 last evening. No Rattle.  This driver sounds, looks, and feels awesome!  I am having a hard time getting set over the ball and I think i know why.  The face bulges out (at least to my eyes) and it seems that the toe and heel sit further back.  In other words, it seems the actual hitting area for the face is small.

Results from practice session with my personal launch monitor (VoiceCaddie SC300)--Ball speed 156ish on average, swing speed 105ish on average, carry was 260ish on average.

The ball did not curve at all. If i missed it left or right it was due to pull or push (again, not comfortable getting lined up over the driver).

Results from actual play:  played 9 holes on my home course.  usually hit my driver on 1,2,4,5,6,.  3 is a par 3, 8 is a par 3 and 7 has trouble at the end of the fairway so usually hit 3 wood.  9 is a par 5 with water at end of fairway.

For the Hogan test, I hit driver on 7.  Launch was higher than usual (which is fine).  I hit the fairway on 1,4,5,7 so 4 out of 6 fairways.  I carried the ball further than normal but total distance was about the same.  On the 4th hole I hit a great drive and was probably a good 7 yards closer to the green than normal.  The fairways i missed were a yard or so off the fairway, nothing out of play.

So far, I love the look of the driver itself but i can not how to get it to sit square (still messing around with the settings).  I also love the feel of the ball off the face (i am noticing my ball marks on the face seems slightly higher than center--probably explains the higher flight).  Lastly the sound...it sounds slightly louder than say a Taylor Made M5 but not as "metallic" sounding as say a Titleist TS 3.

So far, so good with results.  If you asked me right now if I would game this...yes.  Best bang for the buck!

It’s an interesting take on the face and center.  I’ve thought the same when first admiring the club through their product release.  What you’re seeing has to do with the face having a contrasting color than the crown.  Here’s a quick stock photo of a G410 where you can see the difference between toe and heel vs face bulge. You'd see the same with the PING if it had the same color styling. While I prefer the monochromatic style, if it works like you describe, it doesn’t matter much. 

6EE800D5-43FF-421F-8ABE-F78B3EF130BE.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 hours ago, JScott said:

I would agree that the face does seem to show more bulge at address. I also noticed the higher strikes on the face as well and was thinking it was just my strikes or recently raising my tee height but I've skied 2 balls so far this year and don't know if I have done that at all last year. The nine holes I played on Tuesday in league was atrocious all around and the only fairway i hit was the previously mentioned sky ball. I did have 2 decent drive on 6 & 9 (both par 5s) and felt like i finally got into a rhythm on the range after the round.

To be fair my driver swing has been very poor this year as a whole.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:22 AM, bens197 said:

It’s an interesting take on the face and center.  I’ve thought the same when first admiring the club through their product release.  What you’re seeing has to do with the face having a contrasting color than the crown.  Here’s a quick stock photo of a G410 where you can see the difference between toe and heel vs face bulge. You'd see the same with the PING if it had the same color styling. While I prefer the monochromatic style, if it works like you describe, it doesn’t matter much. 

6EE800D5-43FF-421F-8ABE-F78B3EF130BE.jpeg

Yep, that's it.  It is probably me but it find it very distracting.  When i feel i am square (club face to ball) and look up, I'm way off.  When i get lined up square with feet and shoulders and put the club down, it looks really shut.

1 hour ago, JScott said:

Yep, that's it.  It is probably me but it find it very distracting.  When i feel i am square (club face to ball) and look up, I'm way off.  When i get lined up square with feet and shoulders and put the club down, it looks really shut.

I hope you can make it work. How do you like the shaft feel and performance compared to what you’re used to?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 hours ago, JScott said:

I ended up opening up the face one notch on the adapter which made the face sit square for me.  I thought the default setting looked closed as well.

I've been playing a set of Hogan Fr Worth Irons in black for a couple  years now and am wanting a set of the new black Icon irons.  These drivers and fairway woods have peaked my interest.  They are a good bit less expensive than current offerings from Ping or Taylor made, they look great and...well I want some!

Edited by bmcdonald

Got another round in with the Hogan driver today and was able to compare it using Shot Scope to a borrowed Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero.  A buddy of mine let me use his Mavrik Sub Zero head and I put it onto a shaft I was fit into with an Epic Flash Sub Zero.

I hit the Hogan on the front 9 and hit the Mavrik on the back.  The Hogan is shafted with the Hzrdus Smoke 65 6.0 and the Mavrik was shafted with a Fujikura Speeder 661 TR Stiff.

Hogan GS53 Front Nine:

AVG:  262.66

Callaway Mavrik Back Nine:

312 (downhill)

AVG: 270.83

It's obvious that playing different holes with different drivers won't give perfect side by side results but the course was very busy and I couldn't hit two tee shots off of every hole.  The Hogan and I are really starting to bond and it's really starting to show how consistent it is.  I didn't get out of play one time on the front nine and the driving distances were very consistent.  I hit a few wild shots with the Mavrik and a few bombs but lost 2 balls (right) which I didn't like.  The average with the Callaway was slightly longer but the shot I hit 312 was downhill and skewed the average.

People often and easily fall in love with the one or two bombs they may hit during a round with a driver but I'm more concerned with a driver that is super reliable and predictable which the Hogan is proving itself to be.  I get very consistent distance, ball flight and shot shape with it over and over.

I also got another 18 holes in with the Hogan driver. It still does the rattle intermittently, but I talked to the customer service at BH and they sent me a return shipping label to check out the issue. I have immense confidence with this club each time I hit it. On two instances on short par 4’s yesterday (305 and 312) yards I nearly drove the green with just a short 20-30 yard pitch left in. I was even able to attack a par 5 in two which left an eagle putt which is something I haven’t been able to do much before... (of course then I three putted 🤣). It has such a consistent ball flight with a nice high draw when hit well. This club can do it all even when I tee’d it low to hit a stinger into a stiff wind. So far, I’m loving this driver and if I had an early prediction, YES it’s staying in my bag!

In my bag:

These are excellent! Love reading these reviews. Thunderstorms have me sitting at home right now. Keep up the great work.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

15 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Got another round in with the Hogan driver today and was able to compare it using Shot Scope to a borrowed Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero.  A buddy of mine let me use his Mavrik Sub Zero head and I put it onto a shaft I was fit into with an Epic Flash Sub Zero.

I hit the Hogan on the front 9 and hit the Mavrik on the back.  The Hogan is shafted with the Hzrdus Smoke 65 6.0 and the Mavrik was shafted with a Fujikura Speeder 661 TR Stiff.

Hogan GS53 Front Nine:

312 (downhill)

It's obvious that playing different holes with different drivers won't give perfect side by side results but the course was very busy and I couldn't hit two tee shots off of every hole.  The Hogan and I are really starting to bond and it's really starting to show how consistent it is.  I didn't get out of play one time on the front nine and the driving distances were very consistent.  I hit a few wild shots with the Mavrik and a few bombs but lost 2 balls (right) which I didn't like.  The average with the Callaway was slightly longer but the shot I hit 312 was downhill and skewed the average.

People often and easily fall in love with the one or two bombs they may hit during a round with a driver but I'm more concerned with a driver that is super reliable and predictable which the Hogan is proving itself to be.  I get very consistent distance, ball flight and shot shape with it over and over.

I agree with this. Played 18 yesterday and did have a chance to hit two drives on a few holes.  While I hit my Titleist driver further on average, I am finding myself more consistent with the HOGAN driver.  Also played around with the setting Friday night until the driver looked square at setup.  I set up much easier yesterday and I still love the feedback the Hogan gives.  The sound is a perfect blend between too muted and too loud.  The feel is amazing.  I also am finding a more consistent flight and i am hitting it higher, which i like for total carry distance.  I am still finding (for some reason i cannot explain) the ball marks on the face are slighter higher than center.  I would rather hit a driver higher in the face than lower, so i am OK with this.

Bottom line:  Loving the HOGAN, really thinking about putting a lighter shaft in my TITLEIST driver as well (to see what happens) and hands down worth the $$$.  I am seeing slightly less distance but more consistency from the HOGAN.  

9 hours ago, JScott said:

I agree with this. Played 18 yesterday and did have a chance to hit two drives on a few holes.  While I hit my Titleist driver further on average, I am finding myself more consistent with the HOGAN driver.  Also played around with the setting Friday night until the driver looked square at setup.  I set up much easier yesterday and I still love the feedback the Hogan gives.  The sound is a perfect blend between too muted and too loud.  The feel is amazing.  I also am finding a more consistent flight and i am hitting it higher, which i like for total carry distance.  I am still finding (for some reason i cannot explain) the ball marks on the face are slighter higher than center.  I would rather hit a driver higher in the face than lower, so i am OK with this.

Bottom line:  Loving the HOGAN, really thinking about putting a lighter shaft in my TITLEIST driver as well (to see what happens) and hands down worth the $$$.  I am seeing slightly less distance but more consistency from the HOGAN.  

I love hearing this, more people need to stop chasing "bombs" and think about putting the ball in play instead. Still it is fun to blast one miles down the fairway....😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Glad you guys are getting some good testing. I was going to get my Game golf ready for league early this week but the app kept crashing as i tried to start the round. Ill try and get that ironed out by this next week.

OK, so went to my home course with the intention of walking 9.  Got paired up with another person and wound up walking 18 on the tougher, narrower, course (my home club has 36 holes).

Really starting to love this HOGAN driver.  The club now sits square (at least to my eyes) and i am having a much easier time getting lined up.  I am growing more and more confident in this club.  I will point to a few things.

1.  feedback--the immediate feedback coming off the face is great.  Also, i love the sound this driver makes and the feel of it.

2.  ball flight--the ball is coming off the face at a higher launch (my TITLEIST driver was about 10 degree launch angle...HOGAN Is around 13.).

This could be for a few reasons.  Lighter shaft, higher degree of loft, etc.  Whatever the reason, perfect trajector

3.  Spin--while i have not tried to get actual spin rates yet, this driver seems to spin less....i put some swings where I KNOW my Titleist driver would have gone left, but the HOGAN stayed pretty true to the line.

Right now, I am really liking this driver and am appreciative of the chance to test it.

ON COURSE:  Hit driver on 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17.  Hit fairway on 3, hit it through the fairway by 1 foot on 4, hit fairway on 5, hit fairway on 11, hit fairway on 12 (par 5 with trouble at end of fairway (creek) and the about 200 to the pin.  Hit it about 295 (very long for me) to 5 feet in front of creek.  I even told the person I was playing with, I will hit driver as i don't hit it 300.  Hit fairway on 14 and 15 (15 was also long).  17 I pull it into the rough so that was me, not the driver.

The fairways I missed were literally 3 feet from the fairway and most rolled through.  

BOTTOM LINE:  This driver hangs with any driver i have every played (Titleist/Taylor Made being my last two) for a better price.  

Quick side note:  the feedback I have received from others I have played with has been.. "what is that driver, it sounds great".  "I didn't know HOGAN made clubs still".  Where did you get that driver, i have not seen them anywhere.  even a "why are you playing a Hogan driver".  The perception that HOGAN is not a Callaway, Taylormade, Titleist, etc. and thus is no good is very real with some people.  I have not let anyone else hit it....yet.

OK, so went to my home course with the intention of walking 9.  Got paired up with another person and wound up walking 18 on the tougher, narrower, course (my home club has 36 holes).
Really starting to love this HOGAN driver.  The club now sits square (at least to my eyes) and i am having a much easier time getting lined up.  I am growing more and more confident in this club.  I will point to a few things.
1.  feedback--the immediate feedback coming off the face is great.  Also, i love the sound this driver makes and the feel of it.
2.  ball flight--the ball is coming off the face at a higher launch (my TITLEIST driver was about 10 degree launch angle...HOGAN Is around 13.).
         This could be for a few reasons.  Lighter shaft, higher degree of loft, etc.  Whatever the reason, perfect trajector
3.  Spin--while i have not tried to get actual spin rates yet, this driver seems to spin less....i put some swings where I KNOW my Titleist driver would have gone left, but the HOGAN stayed pretty true to the line.
Right now, I am really liking this driver and am appreciative of the chance to test it.
ON COURSE:  Hit driver on 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17.  Hit fairway on 3, hit it through the fairway by 1 foot on 4, hit fairway on 5, hit fairway on 11, hit fairway on 12 (par 5 with trouble at end of fairway (creek) and the about 200 to the pin.  Hit it about 295 (very long for me) to 5 feet in front of creek.  I even told the person I was playing with, I will hit driver as i don't hit it 300.  Hit fairway on 14 and 15 (15 was also long).  17 I pull it into the rough so that was me, not the driver.
The fairways I missed were literally 3 feet from the fairway and most rolled through.  
BOTTOM LINE:  This driver hangs with any driver i have every played (Titleist/Taylor Made being my last two) for a better price.  
Quick side note:  the feedback I have received from others I have played with has been.. "what is that driver, it sounds great".  "I didn't know HOGAN made clubs still".  Where did you get that driver, i have not seen them anywhere.  even a "why are you playing a Hogan driver".  The perception that HOGAN is not a Callaway, Taylormade, Titleist, etc. and thus is no good is very real with some people.  I have not let anyone else hit it....yet.

Great feedback, especially the perceptions of people you play with. I’m very tempted now and will try their demo program to test it myself a bit.

What's in the bag

Custom Classic XL, 9, Fujikura Vista Pro 75 stiff

Ping, i20, 15, TFC 707 F (stock) stiff

Idea Black Super Hybrid, 19 Aldila Voodoo stiff

Mizuno MP Fli-hi, 18, DG SL S300, MP 52, 3–6, DG S300, Mizuno MP 62, 7–PW, DG S300

Titleist SM5 50/8, SM5 54/10, SM5 58/8, SM5 52/8, SM5 58/8

Odyssey Black Series #1 34" with black oxide finish

Vice Pro+

Since Club Champion is now fitting Hogan products, I'm tempted to make an appointment to see if there's a shaft combination that can really maximize the performance of this head.  I guess I'll have to wait until this COVID stuff dies down.

1 hour ago, 03trdblack said:

Since Club Champion is now fitting Hogan products, I'm tempted to make an appointment to see if there's a shaft combination that can really maximize the performance of this head.  I guess I'll have to wait until this COVID stuff dies down.

This is a fantastic idea I wish i had one close enough to try this. My plan was to try and get to a fitter and have them fit me for any driver and then compare my dispersion and distance to the GS53.

Alright 9 holes with league yesterday played the back nine so there is only 5 holes that you can hit driver and even one of those I rarely use driver but got to test the Hogan. weather was garbage and with a constant wind and really heavy air and misting near the end so all shots were short. 

Hole 10: Face Open push right 213 yds

Hole 11: Fade and didn't account for the wind 220 yds

Hole 12: I rarely hit driver here but had to try and cut the corner slight push which made it through the fairway  but solid strike 264 yds (maybe i need to try and cut this corner more)

Hole 16: OB Left wind off the left give up swing big old slice into trees and long grass 😞 198 yds

Hole 18: Misting heavy air good strike only fairway 241 yds

image.png.c541a64ed5521fe31f51cf1b7d0e6caa.png

With those sad drives through, I have been really enjoying GS53. My initial impressions have not changed it feels and sounds fantastic. I have compared this to my Ping G30 on the range and a few holes (no numbers yet) the Hogan was a better more penetrating and did not spin up like the ping. 

Are you hitting the Hogan any lower or does it come out on the same trajectory but with less spin?  I know it's hard to know for sure without a launch monitor but I haven't played any super windy days yet to compare myself.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:46 PM, 03trdblack said:

Hogan GS53 Front Nine:

312 (downhill)

I get what you mean, I rather average 250 off the tee and hit the fairway 90% of the time, than average 300 but be on the woods 90% of the time.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Are you hitting the Hogan any lower or does it come out on the same trajectory but with less spin?  I know it's hard to know for sure without a launch monitor but I haven't played any super windy days yet to compare myself.
Im not sure about launch angle but I definitely think I brought peak height down and have never felt like the ball has stalled in the air because of spin. When everything opens back up I'm going to get on a simulator and compare these as well as any other driver I can test

On 5/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, pozzit said:

Im not sure about launch angle but I definitely think I brought peak height down and have never felt like the ball has stalled in the air because of spin. When everything opens back up I'm going to get on a simulator and compare these as well as any other driver I can test

Are you seeing any side spin with this driver or is it a pretty straight ball flight?

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

18 minutes ago, PowerFadetoaslice said:

Are you seeing any side spin with this driver or is it a pretty straight ball flight?

Its primarily been a straight flight. I have had some bad swings and got a hook or slice out of it but its just a terrible swing I had not the club. It has always felt more like a push or pull compared to a fade or draw.

Anything that i felt was a slice was definitely face open and cutting across it. There is no club that will fix this. 

3 hours ago, pozzit said:

Its primarily been a straight flight. I have had some bad swings and got a hook or slice out of it but its just a terrible swing I had not the club. It has always felt more like a push or pull compared to a fade or draw.

Anything that i felt was a slice was definitely face open and cutting across it. There is no club that will fix this. 

Yes I agree with this pozzit. The ball flight is definitely straight. When I miss, I come across it, and turn the hands over; it is more of a pull than it is a hook. When I put a good swing on the ball, ball flight is almost perfectly straight.

In my bag:

Just a little insight into what this driver can do. Usually I hit hybrid or 3 wood short of the water but today I felt ambitious and hit driver over the water. Great shot with perfect straight ball flight giving me a pitch it. I like this driver more and more each time I hit it.
IMG_3155.JPG

In my bag: