Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Simple is fine however those stats do not tell you much in regards to your game or what area is in need of improving. 

If I hit 14 greens and have 40 putts one would like I am a terrible putter and an exceptional iron player. But if on those greens my first putt was from 45+ feet it is not my putting that is poor it is my irons. 

Valid point. I definitely pay attention to that as well where some that use that star may not 

• Like 1

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

What are you hitting off of? and what are you using underneath?

I’m using the “flight deck” made by Fiberbuilt. It’s awesome

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

22 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’m using the “flight deck” made by Fiberbuilt. It’s awesome

This looks great. Does it stay in place well? Are you using outside? I’m going to be in the market soon and was looking at ones that act like taking divots and come back. Have not done deep research but have found a few sites https://www.customdesigngolf.com/divotactiontrade-mats.html like this one

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

This looks great. Does it stay in place well? Are you using outside? I’m going to be in the market soon and was looking at ones that act like taking divots and come back. Have not done deep research but have found a few sites https://www.customdesigngolf.com/divotactiontrade-mats.html like this one

It doesn’t move an inch, it all locks together. The hitting area is fairly small, which worried me, but after thousands of strikes it still looks as new. Then when you want to hit off the tee, you just flip it around, and the tee adjusts to where you want it to be, and it seems indestructible so far, haha, but they gave me two.

your link looks interesting... but honestly I’m really impressed with the flight deck-

• Like 1

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

70s shag or Berber carpet? emoji23.pngWhat does high quality mean?

I am assuming you are attaching it to the net but how far away and how high for each club? Any guidelines?

I really only mean that there is a good padding integrated into the carpet. This way you don't need a second component and the padding is thick enough so that hitting off cement in your garage doesn't hurt.  I have had no discomfort hitting balls in my garage.  (high quality was a poor choice of words).  It would be in between Berber and 70's shag.  I'd say the fibers are between 1/4" - 1/2" long.  The carpet I'm using is a remnant from carpet replacement last year.  I'd guess you could go to a carpet store and get a remnant for free or very cheap.  I have hung netting from when I had my store.  Bed sheets would work equally well.  Nothing fancy except that I get to use my GCQuad and K-Vest.  

3 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

🤣🤣 funny, but actually a good question.
i don’t think he means hitting a piece of carpet as a target, but to hit off of.. 

And, what’s under the carpet? Grass, foam, concrete? My hitting surface is actually really good I think. You can really feel a fat shot with the drag, but it doesn’t break your wrist. It’s like a stiff plastic bristle brush, about 1.5” tall. So it will give a little in good shots, drag pretty hard on fat shots (monitor also shows way less distance, and ball mark is high on face. Thin shots just hurt like normal.

to the paper plate concept.. huh? Won’t it just get crushed the second you hit it? I think your saying a cut will spin to the right etc.

i got my buddies SC200, but he’s set up with different lofts, and his remote needs a new battery, so I can’t really compare units. I set it at an 8 iron (35°), and hit my 7 iron (34°), but it’s also set for total yards blah blah blah- anyways, headed to store for a 2025 3v...

The carpet has the padding integrated.  I do mean hit the paper plate.  If you can't start it very close to the same spot every time the game will be quite difficult.  As for the shredding of the plate - they are cheap.  The carpet I'm using is very unforgiving without being painful.  That said, I'm a reasonable golfer so anyone's experience could be different.  

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Simple is fine however those stats do not tell you much in regards to your game or what area is in need of improving. 

If I hit 14 greens and have 40 putts one would like I am a terrible putter and an exceptional iron player. But if on those greens my first putt was from 45+ feet it is not my putting that is poor it is my irons. 

You aren't wrong, but for many golfers, 76 would be a fantastic day!!!  Not so much for a + handicap.  That said, they would need a few approaches a bit closer to shoot par or better.  

• Like 1

Here’s a few different shots , a 5 iron and a Pw, as seen by the iPhone app vs. the SC200. First the 5 iron, carry is within 3.5 yds. Ball speed is within 2.5 mph. Club head speed is nearly equal. Launch angle is a hair low, and that makes me assume why the spin is slightly low as well. It was a reasonably well struck shot, and 170 is a good carry for me for a well hit ball. Being new to these types of stats, I’m not sure is that’s a proper number for everything.

347838AF-7B89-4D37-8A6B-5827922134AF.thumb.png.53a59b5afd5532f71e6bec7054343f42.png437D60F1-62BA-4F1A-8DEF-340D79A0E602.thumb.jpeg.46576be4d74a0177922cfa9571432aff.jpeg

now some SW comps. You’ll see that carry and ball speed are nearly identical, yet swing speed has a 16 mph difference!! I don’t know which one to believe there. It wasn’t the best hit, But not bad. Spin is low on this one. The spin really can just around I’m finding.

more testing tomorrow between the two as I had to cut short today due to batteries dying, will be better prepared!

1C32878A-81F1-4E6E-B3A1-661A958E414F.thumb.png.82f7d775c660064bcf6983a35232d666.png49F4BE6A-C781-4B7E-94A9-8A59F684441A.thumb.jpeg.1d0322365eafd55879375a204f21cd35.jpeg

• Like 1

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2020 at 3:05 PM, THEZIPR23 said:

I see the point you are trying to make about proximity to the hole, but an old golf coach I used to play with gave me a great little formula for GIR. If you typically can 2 putt 90 percent of the greens, you can reliably use this. I doubt anyone would 3 putt all 18 greens (40 putts) if they hit 14 greens in regulation, but I would argue that their biggest problem is not irons. It’s putting. If you can hit 14 greens you better be shooting in the 60s. 

# of GIR x 2 subtracted from 95 = your score (+/- 1 stroke) 

So, if you can hit 10 greens, you should shoot around 75 every time. Try it. It’s my goal to hit 5 on each side. I’m always amazed when it works out to my exact score. 

4 par 3s, maybe you hit 3?

4 par 5s maybe you hit 3?

10 par 4s left to hit the remaining 4? 

Edited by Gopokes14
  • Like 1

Cart :Clicgear: model 8 with Alphard E Wheels

All clubs standard length/lie

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST  8.5 Alta 55 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G400 13.5 Alta 65 stiff

3 hybrid: :ping-small: G400 19 Alta 70 stiff

Irons 4-GW: :callaway-small: Apex UST Recoil 65 stiff 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Apex pw 45.7, gw 50.11  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS and E12 Speed

7 hours ago, Gopokes14 said:

I see the point you are trying to make about proximity to the hole, but an old golf coach I used to play with gave me a great little formula for GIR. If you typically can 2 put 90 percent of the greens, you can reliably use this. I doubt anyone would 3 putt all 18 greens (40 putts) if they hit 14 greens in regulation, but I would argue that their biggest problem is not irons. It’s putting. If you can hit 14 greens you better be shooting in the 60s. 

# of GIR x 2 subtracted from 95 = your score (+/- 1 stroke) 

So, if you can hit 10 greens, you should shoot around 75 every time. Try it. It’s my goal to hit 5 on each side. I’m always amazed when it works out to my exact score. 

4 par 3s, maybe you hit 3?

4 par 5s maybe you hit 3?

10 par 4s left to hit the remaining 4? 

This formula seems very interesting to me. Where did the 95 come from that you use as the basis for this calc? 

On my last round I hit 12 greens and had no 3 putts (28 putts). Shot 73. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9.5* head set to 8* loft 3*open, weights set slightly lower Launch and fade bias
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: B X, and currently testing the Vice Pro + Neon just for fun

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, The 19th Hole said:

This formula seems very interesting to me. Where did the 95 come from that you use as the basis for this calc? 

I’m not exactly sure why 95? I assume that the average golfer has 32-33 putts per round? Add that to 72 and it’s 95? He just told me it will usually be within a stroke or 2 of my actual score. Ironically, today I shot 76 and I hit 10 greens. I stopped keeping up with putts, but today I counted them up and I had 32 putts. I had 10 cracks at birdie but only made 1. Out of those 10, I was really out of legit birdie range on at least 5 or 6. So my shots into the pin were not all really close. But when it comes to what stat affects my score, this is it. If I wanted to drill down on this, I guess I could try to improve proximity to the whole. But for me, this is a good goal that, most of the time, gives me a goal that drives down my score. I’ll take the birdies when they come. You can beat this with a really good short game but I prefer putting more than scrambling with chips and pitches as much as possible. 

Edited by Gopokes14
  • Like 1

Cart :Clicgear: model 8 with Alphard E Wheels

All clubs standard length/lie

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST  8.5 Alta 55 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G400 13.5 Alta 65 stiff

3 hybrid: :ping-small: G400 19 Alta 70 stiff

Irons 4-GW: :callaway-small: Apex UST Recoil 65 stiff 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Apex pw 45.7, gw 50.11  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS and E12 Speed

15 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

It is called "Riccio's Rule" and was the number came from analysis; and my guess it that the number could have been any number;  95 just worked.    If you read more into the study,  it also goes into putts per hole. 

Overall it is a good basic formula and provides a general baseline for prediction.  As a player,  you still need to do some analysis to determine where you need to improve.    

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG