TESTERS WANTED! ×

My new truegolffit.com driver

pooley7

Can't wait to hear what you think of it when you do get out with it!

If I had some more specifics for my swing I would definitely try TGF. 

And yes indeed it does look really good!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’ll definitely let you know.

In the meantime I’m doing swing speed training which might have an influence on the outcome (fingers crossed)

But all I can do is test it when I get the chance and compare it to my old Ping G Series driver

Really hoping that lockdown will be eased after this recently announced 3 weeks extension

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB: Driver - Ping G400 Max 9 Degree, VA Slay X-Stiff Shaft   5 Wood - Ping 18 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaft   Irons - 4 & 5 Mizuno MP20 HMB, 5 to PW, Mizuno MP20 MMC, KBS C Taper Lite Stiff Shafts + 1 inch 1 degrees upright   Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright  Putter - Ping Sigma2 Tyne 35"

I am also interested in how you fare with the new driver from the online fitting. My questions are. How are you working through and landing on the different driver settings?  Also, have you changed the length of the driver at all? Best of luck with the new driver.  Hopefully, we all can get out and play some golf soon! 

Driver: Titleist TSR3 8*-  VA Slay 55 R

Hybrid: 2- Callaway Paradigm Super Hybrid  - VA Slay 85 R

Hybrid: 4- Callaway Paradigm Smoke AI  - VA Slay 85 R

Irons: Srixon ZX5 MII (4-PW) -  UST Mamiya Dart V 90 F3

Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* Volkey SM6 - Stock Shaft

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9 - Stock Shaft

I tried their app for a driver when I was starting to lose my love for my gamer. It came back with the exact setup I was playing! When I contacted them to complain I was told I should be happy that their software affirmed my setup as the best. PS, I’ve moved on rather quickly to a different driver/shaft. Waste of money. 

Professional club maker/club fitter, retired

Founding member, former President, International Clubmakers Guild

I have the same shaft in Regular for my Cobra King F8. Love the shaft. Hope you do as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I tried their app for a driver when I was starting to lose my love for my gamer. It came back with the exact setup I was playing! When I contacted them to complain I was told I should be happy that their software affirmed my setup as the best. PS, I’ve moved on rather quickly to a different driver/shaft. Waste of money. 

Sorry, but

I did wonder how they could quote, for example: +13 yards, 10% more accurate

I mean, they take no data of your current setup or distance with it. So how can they know how much further you will hit their recommendation 🤷🏼‍♂️

In your case, they didn’t. And I’m disappointed that they didn’t give you a refund. Poor show

WITB: Driver - Ping G400 Max 9 Degree, VA Slay X-Stiff Shaft   5 Wood - Ping 18 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaft   Irons - 4 & 5 Mizuno MP20 HMB, 5 to PW, Mizuno MP20 MMC, KBS C Taper Lite Stiff Shafts + 1 inch 1 degrees upright   Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright  Putter - Ping Sigma2 Tyne 35"

On 4/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, Apolloshowl said:

If I had some more specifics for my swing I would definitely try TGF.

This is exactly how I feel too. All I know about my driver ss is that it's most reliable at 102mph. The range is generally 97-105mph. I just lack the consistency to go get fitted. Driver is the problem club for me, if I finish with the same golf ball I'll probably shoot within 2 of my handicap.

@pooley7 nice driver. I had an epic flash sz and just bought a mizuno st180 (both 2and hand) gutted I can't use the mizzy with lockdown in place here. One of my foibles is I use driver off the deck at least once or up to four times a round so I need a driver that suits that. I had an old Mizuno MP630 (without the track at the back) and it was nice.

Edited by jaybeemaestro
Typo

I love the blue of the ST 180, lovely club. Hope it goes well for you

Too bad about all courses closed and in lockdown.  I’m also planning on doing TrueGolfFit but will wait until our courses open up but still want to hear about your TrueGolfFit experience and thoughts whe you guys open back up.  Good luck and stay safe.

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

I was fairly disappointed with the experience of TruFitGolf. I entered just a few metrics and could not review them at a later time. It also suggested two drivers that are hard to find in my area and have almost no used market. I love the company in general so I think of it as a small donation.

Appreciate your feedback.  Do you think being in Alberta had any thing to do with not being able to find the driver?  Like you said, can’t beat the price.  Thx again

1 hour ago, Fjd said:

Appreciate your feedback.  Do you think being in Alberta had any thing to do with not being able to find the driver?  Like you said, can’t beat the price.  Thx again

Well the first option was a Wilson and the second Mizuno. I could have ordered them custom but it'd be hard to find a fitting because those brands don't visit my club often/at all.

I was fairly disappointed with the experience of TruFitGolf. I entered just a few metrics and could not review them at a later time. It also suggested two drivers that are hard to find in my area and have almost no used market. I love the company in general so I think of it as a small donation.

I considered it a risk worth taking too

I just want to be able to get out there to give it whack 🥺

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to take the plunge and use TrueGolfFit to recommend a driver and I am extremely pleased with the result.  Just received my driver today, a Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220, and couldn’t be more pleased..  Since my swing speed is on the slow side, 79-82 mph with a smooth tempo, I was somewhat skeptical about TrueGolfFits recommendation.  However, I never hit it straighter or longer.  The great thing is that I can go after the ball hard and still have great control.  Thanks MGS and TrueGolfFit.

I've considered paying the $9 to see what comes of this, but I dont know if I'm hitting down or level or up on the ball, so that's holding me back.  Does anyone have any suggestion to help me figure that out?

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

I've considered paying the $9 to see what comes of this, but I dont know if I'm hitting down or level or up on the ball, so that's holding me back.  Does anyone have any suggestion to help me figure that out?

Really the only way to do this is on a Launch monitor. You are only talking about a few of degrees. I tried adjusting my swing to swing more up while using a GC quad and it is more than just feeling like you are swing up.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

54 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Really the only way to do this is on a Launch monitor. You are only talking about a few of degrees. I tried adjusting my swing to swing more up while using a GC quad and it is more than just feeling like you are swing up.

Definitely agree you should get on a launch monitor, but if you become impatient.  You might be able to decipher your answer based on your iron divot tendency.  It certainly will still be a guess, but for me, I take a large, deep divot and I am a digger and thus launch data has showed that i hit down on my driver as well.  If you take a smaller divot and sweep the ball a bit more, you could probably put level.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update

Golf is back on the menu in England but with no practice area and social distancing. So that means that I’ve been able to get 5 rounds in but no practice.
So I’ve probably hit my new toy about 40 times.

I haven’t been able to get on a launch monitor, so have set up the driver lie angle, loft and moveable weights to my “best guess”

And it seems to be working, more or less. I’ve gained distance - according to Arccos. Up from 252 yards smart distance with my Ping G series driver (which was fitted by my club pro when it came out in 2016) to 274 yards with the Mizuno ST190G.

It’s early days but I’m enjoying hitting it and it seems to fit - so truegolffit so far!

I’ll post again when I’ve got more games under my belt and have hopefully been able to get on the launch monitor IMG_3241.JPGIMG_3242.JPG

Curiosity over came me and I finally paid to see what the results were.  I was surprised that I wasn't recommended one of the drivers from the 2020 Driver test that had the smallest dispersion.  I figured entering a high handicap would point me in the direction of the Cobra Speedzone Extreme since it was rated the most forgiving driver.  Instead I got the regular Speedzone as my #1 and the Ben Hogan GS53 as my #2.  Neither of which are as high up on the forgiveness chart.  Regardless, demo club time!

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

• 1 month later...

I wasn’t sure about the shaft and at a past fitting (for hybrids) a lighter shaft was the way to go (65g for the hybrid)

So, as I used to have a 55g shaft in my Ping, I’ve got a 50g Tensei Orange Stiff in it to try.
One round in and I’m optimistic.
I really must get to the driving range and on a launch monitor though IMG_3337.JPG

Just in case I misread. The TrueFit went well, but are you saying you did or didn't match the shaft recommendation?

Or did and then switched....  

Just trying to decipher how accurate you felt it was.  It is highly intriguing to me, as my fittings have not gone well. Produced the worst clubs I've played with in my golfing life.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Adams XTD Speedline 3W

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams and Callaway  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Callaway CF19 (4-P)   /   CF16 (4-AW)  /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)   /   Tommy Armour 845s (3-W)

WEDGES: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES  /   Cleveland CG14 50*, 56*    /  Smartsole  56*   /  RTX4 56*  /   NIKE VR 56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / couple of Odyssey No. 2's

BALLS:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

• 2 weeks later...
Just in case I misread. The TrueFit went well, but are you saying you did or didn't match the shaft recommendation?
Or did and then switched....  
Just trying to decipher how accurate you felt it was.  It is highly intriguing to me, as my fittings have not gone well. Produced the worst clubs I've played with in my golfing life.

Hi,

I matched the shaft exactly for the TrueFit.

I got the distance increase (sometimes) that TrueFit advised. But I wasn’t accurate with it. Less accurate than my old Ping driver in fact.

That’s why I decided to experiment with the Tensei Orange at 10g lighter than the recommended Tensei Blue.
And it hasn’t worked. I’m still inaccurate with it no matter where I put the weights and with either shaft 🤷🏼‍♂️

• 1 year later...

I tried truegolffit yesterday and was quite disappointed with the result.

Main reason: I naturally hit a draw and got fit for a draw biased driver. Not looking to hitting even bigger draws or hooks :(.

I think it is a major flaw that this cannot be taken into account.

Callaway Big Bertha (2014) driver

4W: Ping G25

4i: TM P790 (DG 120 S400)

5i-PW: TM P770 (DG 120 S400)

50/56/60: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (DG Spinner)

Putter: Ping Sigma2 Arna

5 hours ago, Jasper279 said:

Main reason: I naturally hit a draw and got fit for a draw biased driver. Not looking to hitting even bigger draws or hooks :(.

That could definitely be an issue 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

19 hours ago, Jasper279 said:

I can’t remember what questions are asked. Is your current shot shape not asked?

6 hours ago, pooley7 said:

I can’t remember what questions are asked. Is your current shot shape not asked?

I've been trying to find the answer to your question as well since I'd like to know what information I have to input to get results.  I looked on the site and can't seem to find what questions I need to be able to answer.  I would assume that you would need some pretty detailed information like swing speed, angle of attack, club path, etc all of which I would need a launch monitor for.

Can someone provide a recap?  

41 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I've been trying to find the answer to your question as well since I'd like to know what information I have to input to get results.  I looked on the site and can't seem to find what questions I need to be able to answer.  I would assume that you would need some pretty detailed information like swing speed, angle of attack, club path, etc all of which I would need a launch monitor for.

Can someone provide a recap?  

I went through the questions, anyone can, you just have to pay for the results. I thought the questions were to general to give any kind of accurate guidance to which club and shaft to use. I'm thinking, this could be dangerous, that you could just go to their driver review page and see what they recommend for your swing speed and come up with the same answer.