My new truegolffit.com driver

pooley7

I tried it with very disappointing results. It came back with the exact Driver/Shaft I was gaming. So basically, I paid for nothing. When I wrote to ask about this anomaly I was told “Aren’t you glad it affirms what you are using?” Um, no, I tried it because I can’t hit it worth s***. It affirmed nothing. 

PS, went to a Ping G425 max with excellent results. Thanks for nothing TGF. 

Professional club maker/club fitter, retired

Founding member, former President, International Clubmakers Guild

42 minutes ago, 1puttpar said:

I tried it with very disappointing results. It came back with the exact Driver/Shaft I was gaming. So basically, I paid for nothing. When I wrote to ask about this anomaly I was told “Aren’t you glad it affirms what you are using?” Um, no, I tried it because I can’t hit it worth s***. It affirmed nothing. 

PS, went to a Ping G425 max with excellent results. Thanks for nothing TGF. 

Why would a professional club fitter use TGF? Seems like you would have better tools at your disposal. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, Snapjack said:

I went through the questions, anyone can, you just have to pay for the results. I thought the questions were to general to give any kind of accurate guidance to which club and shaft to use. I'm thinking, this could be dangerous, that you could just go to their driver review page and see what they recommend for your swing speed and come up with the same answer.

I went through and answered them and I think the point of this is to get you the best driver for your specs *considering* that you don't have some major swing flaw that you are fighting.  It's assuming that you deliver the ball with a reasonable path and making contact reasonably near the sweet spot.  If you are not doing those things, then you are probably out of luck as there is only so much that AI (basically a fancy algorithm) can do.  

I decided to give this TGF "fitting" a try, mostly out of curiosity and it's only $9.00, so what the heck give it a shot. I answered 4 fairly general  questions, what's your handicap, swing speed, angle of attack and tempo, (not exactly pin pointing my swing) I clicked on the pay for button and a few seconds later got my results. The first recommendation is the Mizuno ST-X with a Fujikura Motore X F3 60 stiff shaft, with this club I would pickup 6.52 yards and be 8.03% more accurate. The second choice is the Titleist TSi4 with a Mitsubishi Tensei AV raw Blue 58 stiff shaft, this is where it gets interesting. According to TGF, I would pickup 19.20 yards but only increase my accuracy by 3.31 %, I questioned the results I was told the Mizuno's accuracy was more important than the Titleist's distance. The problem I have with all of this is TGF doesn't know how accurate I am with my existing driver,(no question on accuracy in the survey) do I play a fade or a draw. I might be another Fred Funk with my driver and stink up the place with my chipping and putting, keeping my handicap up. One day somebody might develop and online fitting that works, until then go see a club fitter that knows what he's doing. Finally, if TGF's recommendations were spot on how many golfers out there would forgo a 19.2 yard increase and opt for the club giving them another 6.5 yards, Bryson DeChambeau wouldn't (bomb and gouge baby, bomb and gouge).

Taylormade M-5 driver, Callaway Epic #3, Nickent 20* hybrid, Honma T/W X #5-#11, Maltby 56*, Putter (to many to list)

I tried to get a fitting and it threw an error on the shaft weight (it looked like).  I tried to run through the questions again and got the same result.  Now I have purchases listed in my billing tab, but haven't seen any clubs still.  I've gone through the help link/contact email and nothing...  

TGF should be viewed as a way for you to spend $10 to get an idea of 1 or 2 drivers to demo. Any assumption those would be the best fit for an individual is wishful thinking. 

I was able to fit myself into better off the rack options than the top 2 suggestions (M5 and G410). To be fair, their 2nd place suggestion (G410) likely would have been my next selection or close to it. (TS3 or Epic Flash would have been close). 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

• 3 weeks later...

Recently sprung for the $9 driver fitting from True Golf Fit.  It recommended the Callaway Epic Speed 10.5 w/Hazardus Smoke 50gm shaft.  Well, I called the local Dick's Sporting Goods who happened to have the exact club in stock.  So, I take my PXG 0811 XF 10.5 w/Tensei 50 gm shaft right on over and, after a warm up, hit 20 balls with each in 5 ball alternate groups.  Well, I'm 79 years old, a towering 5' 7" tall and 175 lbs. with an 88 mph swing speed.  There wasn't a nickel's worth of difference between the results.  I kept the $530 for the new Callaway in my pocket.

WIMB:

• Driver: PXG 0811 XF 10.5 set to 9 w/Tensei 50 R flex
  • PXG 0317 X 3H 19 w/Mitsubishi Chemical 70 R flex
  • Cleveland Launcher 4-PW XL Halo R flex irons
  • Cobra Speed Zone GW R flex
  • Cleveland 54 & 58 CBX R flex 
  • Cobra Supernova putter
  • Maxfli Tour CG