My new truegolffit.com driver

Our Sponsors

Just a quick update

Golf is back on the menu in England but with no practice area and social distancing. So that means that I’ve been able to get 5 rounds in but no practice.
So I’ve probably hit my new toy about 40 times.

I haven’t been able to get on a launch monitor, so have set up the driver lie angle, loft and moveable weights to my “best guess”

And it seems to be working, more or less. I’ve gained distance - according to Arccos. Up from 252 yards smart distance with my Ping G series driver (which was fitted by my club pro when it came out in 2016) to 274 yards with the Mizuno ST190G.

It’s early days but I’m enjoying hitting it and it seems to fit - so truegolffit so far!

I’ll post again when I’ve got more games under my belt and have hopefully been able to get on the launch monitor IMG_3241.JPGIMG_3242.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

WITBDriver - Ping G Series 10.5 Degree, Ping Alta 55g Stiff shaft 3 Wood - Ping Stretch 13 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaftIrons - 4 to PW, Ping S57, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Putter - Odyssey O Works 1W

Curiosity over came me and I finally paid to see what the results were.  I was surprised that I wasn't recommended one of the drivers from the 2020 Driver test that had the smallest dispersion.  I figured entering a high handicap would point me in the direction of the Cobra Speedzone Extreme since it was rated the most forgiving driver.  Instead I got the regular Speedzone as my #1 and the Ben Hogan GS53 as my #2.  Neither of which are as high up on the forgiveness chart.  Regardless, demo club time!

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

• 1 month later...

I wasn’t sure about the shaft and at a past fitting (for hybrids) a lighter shaft was the way to go (65g for the hybrid)

So, as I used to have a 55g shaft in my Ping, I’ve got a 50g Tensei Orange Stiff in it to try.
One round in and I’m optimistic.
I really must get to the driving range and on a launch monitor though IMG_3337.JPG

• Like 1

WITBDriver - Ping G Series 10.5 Degree, Ping Alta 55g Stiff shaft 3 Wood - Ping Stretch 13 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaftIrons - 4 to PW, Ping S57, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Putter - Odyssey O Works 1W

Just in case I misread. The TrueFit went well, but are you saying you did or didn't match the shaft recommendation?

Or did and then switched....  

Just trying to decipher how accurate you felt it was.  It is highly intriguing to me, as my fittings have not gone well. Produced the worst clubs I've played with in my golfing life.

• Like 1

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Cleveland HiBore 3W

Hybrid: Titleist driving iron, Titleist hybrid

Irons: Ping Eye2 3-S & TA 845s 3-W

Wedge: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES s300

Putter: Ping Zing 2 33.75" , Anser 3

• 2 weeks later...
Just in case I misread. The TrueFit went well, but are you saying you did or didn't match the shaft recommendation?
Or did and then switched....  
Just trying to decipher how accurate you felt it was.  It is highly intriguing to me, as my fittings have not gone well. Produced the worst clubs I've played with in my golfing life.

Hi,

I matched the shaft exactly for the TrueFit.

I got the distance increase (sometimes) that TrueFit advised. But I wasn’t accurate with it. Less accurate than my old Ping driver in fact.

That’s why I decided to experiment with the Tensei Orange at 10g lighter than the recommended Tensei Blue.
And it hasn’t worked. I’m still inaccurate with it no matter where I put the weights and with either shaft 🤷🏼‍♂️