Our Sponsors

Thanks for the info but I don't think I'd meet the criteria in two days so I'll pass

You have more than two days to meet the criteria. The two days is just one requirement not a deadline. However that said, this is the exact situation MGS is trying to avoid. Somebody signing up just for “free stuff” and not contributing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I have the clubs that I want and have left my opinion about them.  I don't have an opinion on a number of items that don't concern me and if I'm interested in something

I'll look for others opinion .  If I was a tester I'd give my detailed opinion but since it seems that this forum expects opinions on a number of things I don't have the time or interest in being an equipment junkie and then posting for the sake of posting. As you can see I'm pretty blunt so likes are something I don't care about.  Super Speed was just something that might be useful in my rehab.  I have other equipment like cable pulleys and rubber bands that my trainer has recommended.  So for you to say that me applying to be a tester and not wanting to spend a great amount of time participating in the forum is the reason for the restriction as if don't desire the opportunity then you better qualify the email you send out rather then imply that there is no qualifications.

1 hour ago, Fcass2003 said:

Well looks like this is a waste of time for me as I don't spend all my time on the computer.  I like looking up peoples opinion of equipment and will give mine but I don't have 15 things to talk about

1 hour ago, Fcass2003 said:

Got email from golfspy about super speed thought it might be something I'm interested in since I haven't been able to play for 2 years due to shoulder surgery. Now as to opinion about equipment I play Miura mc501 prior to surgery and see no reason to look at anything else as they are the best irons I've ever hit and have no desire to change.

41 minutes ago, Fcass2003 said:

So for you to say that me applying to be a tester and not wanting to spend a great amount of time participating in the forum is the reason for the restriction as if don't desire the opportunity then you better qualify the email you send out rather then imply that there is no qualifications.

I wish you luck in your rehab and hope you are able to get out and play golf soon.     As for the testing and the MGS forum;  we view this as a community and we talk about golf and things that are going on in the world, our families, golf tournaments,  it is more than just posting about equipment but we definitely talk about  more equipment than just golf clubs.  

To be honest I read your posts and you say it is a waste of time since you don't spend all your time on the computer yet you want to apply for a test that will consume 48 weeks of time and require you to write ongoing detailed posts with photos about the product and your progress.  

If you read the post about the recruit status, part of the reason for the "qualifications" as you call it is that the the OEMS are providing equipment and the expectation is that the testers don't just take the equipment and never post;  yes that happens even with people that contribute.  If you aren't willing to engage in the forum,  why should you be given the opportunity over others that have decided to participate even by posting a couple of times a week?  

We welcome pretty much anyone to the forum and hope you decide to stay and contribute.  I even gave you a like on your iron post so you are almost to the post total and if you post a whats in your bag post with some pictures, you would probably have those 15 likes in a day or so and you could then apply for the superspeed sticks.   

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not trying to pile on here but I got the email as well and just read it. At the bottom it says “Want to test them”. Then say below that “Become a tester”. Well if you want to become a tester the recruit thread breaks down how to become eligible. There is no misconception in the email I got. Maybe you got a different one but I’m guessing it is mass produced.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

2 hours ago, Fcass2003 said:

I have the clubs that I want and have left my opinion about them.  I don't have an opinion on a number of items that don't concern me and if I'm interested in something

I'll look for others opinion .  If I was a tester I'd give my detailed opinion but since it seems that this forum expects opinions on a number of things I don't have the time or interest in being an equipment junkie and then posting for the sake of posting. As you can see I'm pretty blunt so likes are something I don't care about.  Super Speed was just something that might be useful in my rehab.  I have other equipment like cable pulleys and rubber bands that my trainer has recommended.  So for you to say that me applying to be a tester and not wanting to spend a great amount of time participating in the forum is the reason for the restriction as if don't desire the opportunity then you better qualify the email you send out rather then imply that there is no qualifications.

The email goes out to everyone signed up for mgs emails. That’s thousands upon thousands of people. 

I got it twice because I used one email just for the newsletter/emails and then in my other emails that’s my main email on the site 

the testing applications are usually open for at least a week. That’s more than enough time for someone interested in being both an active member and a tester to meet the qualifications.

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1