TESTERS WANTED! ×

Who can golf during COVID?

I live in rural upstate New York. Initially we could golf but now our Governor has decided that golf is dangerous and has forced the courses to close. It seems ridiculous to make rules for the whole state based on the tragedy COVID19 has caused in  New York City. What is your state doing? Can you still golf and what are the specific rules being used to promote social distancing?   

Driver: Taylor Made SLDR

Irons: Taylor Made RSi2 4-PW

Hybrids: Adams Tight Lies 3 and 5

Putter: Taylor Made Spyder

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 50, 56, 60

I live in rural upstate New York. Initially we could golf but now our Governor has decided that golf is dangerous and has forced the courses to close. It seems ridiculous to make rules for the whole state based on the tragedy COVID19 has caused in  New York City. What is your state doing? Can you still golf and what are the specific rules being used to promote social distancing?   

So far we can golf in Ohio, but the courses have instituted a number of protocols: only one person in a cart, no pins (elevated cups), etc.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Scoot,

Sorry NY is closed for business.  Specially upstate where much fewer outbreaks vs the city.  I'm north of Atlanta and most courses are open.  Home course has nice putting, chipping, and driving range.  Bathrooms closed.  Mats spread 10-12".  One to a cart unless family member.  Social  distancing marked off in clubhouse.  Other than that , feels pretty normal.  Hope your Gov relents on upstate soon. 

Ohio is still open for golf as long as the course follows certain safety procedures. I played a course last weekend, Denison Golf Club, and there were no flag sticks. It forced me to aim at the center of the green. I played to my handicap and I'm convinced it's because I wasn't pin-seeking. I read an article that night that best thing that ameteur golfers could do is aim for the middle of the green!

:ping-small: G410, 9°, Tensei Orange 70-S
:adams-small: Tight Lies, 16°, Bassara 55-S
:adams-small: Idea Tech Boxer a40S 4 hybrid, Tour AD 65-R
:callaway-small:  X-20 Tour 4I-PW, Project X 5.5
:mizuno-small: MP-T4 50°, True Temper
:cleveland-small: 588 56°, stock
:nike-small: SV 60°, stock
:scotty-small: Newport 2 Notchback, Flat Cat grip
vice.png.4b217c198888a58207ae8084550b589d.pngPro balls

Ohio is still open for golf as long as the course follows certain safety procedures. I played a course last weekend, Denison Golf Club, and there were no flag sticks. It forced me to aim at the center of the green. I played to my handicap and I'm convinced it's because I wasn't pin-seeking. I read an article that night that best thing that ameteur golfers could do is aim for the middle of the green!
Center of the green green never moves

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

There's a whole other thread about this, but we are able to golf in both Florida and Georgia.  I'm currently out with really painful back pain, and don't know when I'll resume playing.  But if I was healthy I would be playing.

The governor of New York is colossal asshat IMHO, but he's simply a reflection of his constituents, again IMHO.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
1 hour ago, Scoot24 said:

In Michigan the courses were still open for the first few days of our stay at home order, they have since been deemed non essential and ordered closed. 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

ADK upstate or WNY upstate?

I live in Rochester and we’re still a few weeks away from our peak impact. Keep in mind that It’s only April. If we do right by the stay at home, there’s hope that we’ll be able to see these rules eased sooner than later.

We’re all in this together.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Thankfully Western NE is also open at this time.

City course is walking only, both golf shop and restaurant are closed except for the pick up window.

Driver: Ping G410+
Fairway Wood: Ping G425 (x2)  
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro
Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0  50*, 54*, and 58*
Putter: Ping Fetch 2021
Ball: Snell MTB-X

When the snow is melted Colorado is still playing.
Walking only, don’t show any earlier than 10 min before your tee time, pay online, don’t touch the flag stick or people. Foam was placed in the cup so your ball is easily grabbed. Facilities are closed, and no rakes or water provided. Basically, if you didn’t bring it, don’t touch it.

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

Massachusetts is closed.  I live in Mass but belong to a course in Rhode Island ( live on the birder).  I cannot play at my home course currently even though it’s still open.  They are literally arresting people if you try.

In Illinois, Golf courses are closed. They open briefly for like 2 days following the stay at home order, but then were shut down. Wisconsin is opening up there courses next week with stipulations, and I hope Illinois follows suits. You have a way higher chance of catching it in the grocery store then you do on a golf course....

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Minnesota just reversed their closures today, so it looks like we’ll finally get out on the course again. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get re-re-reversed, but ya know.... politicians....

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

We are free to golf at some courses here in Texas. Some have closed, but others, especially private, remained open the entire time. 

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Still winter up in the great white north .. they have closed the courses for now anyway , but spring is rapidly getting here. We’re likely a couple weeks away from actual golf time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I know there are parts of CA are golfing.  I was surprised to discover Sacramento...our Capitol is still open.  Here in San Diego we're still in lock down

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

We are currently golfing in Austin Texas! Some courses are only offering a small amount of people on the range. Some other courses no range at all. Most courses are doing raise cups and no flag sticks. I’m happy that they are still open. Nice to get out and walk for once! 

1 hour ago, Dragon3 said:

I know there are parts of CA are golfing.  I was surprised to discover Sacramento...our Capitol is still open.  Here in San Diego we're still in lock down

There still playing up there??? Here in LA we're all locked up. Pretty sad since the air here has been as clean as I've ever experienced in my 35 years here. 

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X

In Bradenton fl. We are playing with new rules. 1 per cart. No more than 3 per group. Foam swim noodle cut and put around flagstick in the cup. Ball barely goes in the hole and you can pick it up without touching anything. At least 8 min In between tee times. PACE OF PLAY HAS BEEN WONDERFUL! First time I’ve had back to back rounds in under 3 hours. 

Taylormade Woods

Cobra Hybrid

Hogan Irons
HiToe Wedges

Spider Putter

Snell MTBX golf balls 

I live in Sarasota, and almost all of the courses are open with the same set of rules.

Walking is allowed, golf carts are single player only, there are no rakes in the bunkers, no water on the course and the poles have small donuts in the cup that prevent the balls from falling completely in.

The clubs are taking the added steps of wiping down carts and providing limited food and beverage on a take out bases only

I would estimate the level of play is about 70% of normal

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

TS2 Driver 16.5 degree fairway metal

918 19/23 hybrid

Apex 21 Irons Nippon NS Pro Modus3

Vokey Wedges 54/58

Cameron Newport Select mallet

MyGolfSpy junkie since 2017

We are back up and running at some clubs in Dallas just depends. I'm in Frisco, The local public course is back open with the social distancing restrictions the courses 1 county up are open and I tend to play out at The Bridges Golf club in Gunter. It's a Freddie Couples course and the greens are sweet. 

7 hours ago, OsoBear said:

There still playing up there??? Here in LA we're all locked up. Pretty sad since the air here has been as clean as I've ever experienced in my 35 years here. 

@OsoBear Surprisingly, Yes!  I saw it the other day on a local news segment.  🤔 Because less driving/flights, etc. these days...Take care and be safe, hearing about lots of protests now...due to pandemic...

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

We're able to play in North Carolina. Cups have been altered from 2" noodle in cup, to cup being flipped upside down. Some courses implement 1 person per cart. Most snack bars are closed. Walked 9 at local muni & playing tomorrow. Hope you guys that can't play get to play soon!

Wilson D7 Irons with KBS Tour 80 Reg Flex Shafts

PING G410 Plus with ALTA CB Red 55g SR Flex Shaft

Callaway Super hybrid factory shaft with R flex

Taylormade Rocketballz 5 metal with factory Graphite Shaft reg flex

Ping Eye 2 Becu Sand & Lob wedges

Scotty Cameron Futura X7

Wilson Staff DUO

We’re still out in IL, but they’re playing in IN (so I hear). I thought I read somewhere they were going to open WI courses, but not sure.

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”