Scoot24

Who can golf during COVID?

Our Sponsors

I live in rural upstate New York. Initially we could golf but now our Governor has decided that golf is dangerous and has forced the courses to close. It seems ridiculous to make rules for the whole state based on the tragedy COVID19 has caused in  New York City. What is your state doing? Can you still golf and what are the specific rules being used to promote social distancing?   

• Like 1

Driver: Taylor Made SLDR

Irons: Taylor Made RSi2 4-PW

Hybrids: Adams Tight Lies 3 and 5

Putter: Taylor Made Spyder

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 50, 56, 60

I live in rural upstate New York. Initially we could golf but now our Governor has decided that golf is dangerous and has forced the courses to close. It seems ridiculous to make rules for the whole state based on the tragedy COVID19 has caused in  New York City. What is your state doing? Can you still golf and what are the specific rules being used to promote social distancing?   

So far we can golf in Ohio, but the courses have instituted a number of protocols: only one person in a cart, no pins (elevated cups), etc.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Scoot,

Sorry NY is closed for business.  Specially upstate where much fewer outbreaks vs the city.  I'm north of Atlanta and most courses are open.  Home course has nice putting, chipping, and driving range.  Bathrooms closed.  Mats spread 10-12".  One to a cart unless family member.  Social  distancing marked off in clubhouse.  Other than that , feels pretty normal.  Hope your Gov relents on upstate soon. 

Ohio is still open for golf as long as the course follows certain safety procedures. I played a course last weekend, Denison Golf Club, and there were no flag sticks. It forced me to aim at the center of the green. I played to my handicap and I'm convinced it's because I wasn't pin-seeking. I read an article that night that best thing that ameteur golfers could do is aim for the middle of the green!

:ping-small: G410, 9°, Tensei Orange 70-S
:adams-small: Tight Lies, 16°, Bassara 55-S
:adams-small: Idea Tech Boxer a40S 4 hybrid, Tour AD 65-R
:callaway-small:  X-20 Tour 4I-PW, Project X 5.5
:mizuno-small: MP-T4 50°, True Temper
:cleveland-small: 588 56°, stock
:nike-small: SV 60°, stock
:scotty-small: Newport 2 Notchback, Flat Cat grip
vice.png.4b217c198888a58207ae8084550b589d.pngPro balls

Ohio is still open for golf as long as the course follows certain safety procedures. I played a course last weekend, Denison Golf Club, and there were no flag sticks. It forced me to aim at the center of the green. I played to my handicap and I'm convinced it's because I wasn't pin-seeking. I read an article that night that best thing that ameteur golfers could do is aim for the middle of the green!
Center of the green green never moves

Take Dead Aim

• Haha 2

There's a whole other thread about this, but we are able to golf in both Florida and Georgia.  I'm currently out with really painful back pain, and don't know when I'll resume playing.  But if I was healthy I would be playing.

The governor of New York is colossal asshat IMHO, but he's simply a reflection of his constituents, again IMHO.

• Like 3

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

1 hour ago, Scoot24 said:

In Michigan the courses were still open for the first few days of our stay at home order, they have since been deemed non essential and ordered closed. 

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania turnpike and Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

ADK upstate or WNY upstate?

I live in Rochester and we’re still a few weeks away from our peak impact. Keep in mind that It’s only April. If we do right by the stay at home, there’s hope that we’ll be able to see these rules eased sooner than later.

We’re all in this together.

• Like 1

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Utah is open for golf: Salt Lake City and county have no carts, closed clubhouses, and book tee times/payment in advance.

• Like 1

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Thankfully Western NE is also open at this time.

City course is walking only, both golf shop and restaurant are closed except for the pick up window.

• Like 1

Driver: Titlelist 917D
Fairway Wood: Mizuno 
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro
Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0  50*, 54*, and 58*
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball
Ball: Snell MTB-X

When the snow is melted Colorado is still playing.
Walking only, don’t show any earlier than 10 min before your tee time, pay online, don’t touch the flag stick or people. Foam was placed in the cup so your ball is easily grabbed. Facilities are closed, and no rakes or water provided. Basically, if you didn’t bring it, don’t touch it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:
:ping-small:  G Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
:bridgestone-small: J38, 3W (15 / s-flex)
:titelist-small:  980F, 5W (19) s-flex
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

Massachusetts is closed.  I live in Mass but belong to a course in Rhode Island ( live on the birder).  I cannot play at my home course currently even though it’s still open.  They are literally arresting people if you try.

In Illinois, Golf courses are closed. They open briefly for like 2 days following the stay at home order, but then were shut down. Wisconsin is opening up there courses next week with stipulations, and I hope Illinois follows suits. You have a way higher chance of catching it in the grocery store then you do on a golf course....

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Minnesota just reversed their closures today, so it looks like we’ll finally get out on the course again. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get re-re-reversed, but ya know.... politicians....

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

We are free to golf at some courses here in Texas. Some have closed, but others, especially private, remained open the entire time. 

Still winter up in the great white north .. they have closed the courses for now anyway , but spring is rapidly getting here. We’re likely a couple weeks away from actual golf time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I know there are parts of CA are golfing.  I was surprised to discover Sacramento...our Capitol is still open.  Here in San Diego we're still in lock down

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

We are currently golfing in Austin Texas! Some courses are only offering a small amount of people on the range. Some other courses no range at all. Most courses are doing raise cups and no flag sticks. I’m happy that they are still open. Nice to get out and walk for once! 

1 hour ago, Dragon3 said:

I know there are parts of CA are golfing.  I was surprised to discover Sacramento...our Capitol is still open.  Here in San Diego we're still in lock down

There still playing up there??? Here in LA we're all locked up. Pretty sad since the air here has been as clean as I've ever experienced in my 35 years here. 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X

Here in Vegas we are locked down. Looks like Arizona is still doing biz. Can’t wait to get back out and be grateful to hit the ball!! 

• Like 1